Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How Often do people get on here and check the forums?

Posted at

I was just curious as to how often people are on this site…. I originally joined back in 2007. i have gotten on here a few times in between then and now and never do i remember if it had a member counter…. I'm curious how many people are on at one time. I know i've posted before on my other account but thats been years ago. But i dont remember ever having anything more than one or two posts on my thread that i made.

I would like to get on here and upload another comic but i dont know how often people get on here and use this site anymore?

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

There are a few people on here but they tend to stay together in groups. Updating often is key to getting hits to your site page. Once you hit your first 50 pages, contact Kim or ozone for reaching that goal. This way your comic can get featured on the home page. You may want to join a community project to get to know other artist, creators and writers. You don't have to take my advice because I'm sure others can help you get hits and answer your question far better than I. Oh also do friend request if you haven't already done so. I hope that helps.

Posted at

My impression is that the community here is relatively small, but quite vocal and supportive. I get more page views on other sites, but far fewer comments than I do here. Then again, the actual metrics might be completely different from my assessment. I hope to see your comic soon!

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

I check the forums ever once in a while I don't check it often. I do read the news feed that pops up on the main page, and sometimes comment there. as far as people I think I've noticed it as well, they tend to stay in a group. so you will see them back and forth a lot the same people.

I'm not sure about the reading part, I update when I can and that's not often, I notice once in a while the stats go up, but I don't get comments on here like I do one some other sites. then again I can't really tell, cause the way it's set up I don't get a notification if I get a comment, ((I like replying back to people)) I stay pretty quite, unless I'm directly asked something.

but community wise, most of the people on here, the admins as well are pretty friendly. So I do believe if you have questions or anything anyone here will be happy to address them. ^^

looking forward to your new comic.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

People here stay in groups just the same as any other social gathering. However, none of these groups is closed. In fact the people here are surprisingly tolerant of the most obnoxious, arrogant and self important morons around. Or self-effacing, talentless hacks with no self-worth who post way too much, for that matter.

Post a comic, read the forums. If there is something you want to comment on; do it. Remember the 85% rule. Eighty-five percent of everything is crap, but to find the 15% that is worthwhile you still have to put up with the other 85%.

And what you think is the most important thing today, may be utterly worthless tomorrow.

But most of all, do a comic. The forums will always be here if you want them and there is always someone reading even if they have nothing to say. Because the 85% rule also applies to that. Eighty-five to 95 percent of people generally will not comment or actively participate in any group activity. But they are there nonetheless. And though it may feel like you are expressing yourself to an empty hall, there are plenty of folks hiding in the dark among all the crickets.

demontales
demontales
Posted at

I've been checking back here every now and then for a while since I technically left. I always felt the community here was one of the best as far as comic sites go.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

It's smaller than it once was but what Bravo said is just as true as ever - one of the most tolerant and friendly webcomic gatherings around and not a closed group in any sense.

I'm somewhat reluctant to say that because the most toxic communities are usually the ones where they keep banging on about how friendly they are.

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Good to see that I'm not alone. I'm relatively new here, and check others work and post some comments in their comic forum and here too, but I had little response (2 or 3) so I feel like no one is here. I'm posting a manga style comic called "The Gloom", if somebody has the chance to see it, I would be very interested in your comments.

Crazee Faux: I read your work and I'm stunned! It's very good, hope to see more soon.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.