Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What is the difference between 'mature' and 'adult'?

Posted at

I'm fuzzy on these terms. I'm creating a comic that will have a lot of heavy graphic violence (not hate related), and the only nudity is mild, no actual parts showing.

Would that fall under 'mature' or 'adult'?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Adult comics show sexual penetration, erect penises, open vaginas, or anuses, and so on.

A mature comic can show a flaccid penis or the outside of a vagina, as long as it's only occasional nudity. If you want to show a lot of that then make it adult.

If the violence is extreme and unrelenting; bones being ripped out, babies heads smashed… then it should be adult.
Sorry for being as graphic as that but I want to be clear.

It follows the same guidelines as movies.
If it's just the violence you see in a normal action film, even a horribly violent one like Oldboy, I think it can still be Mature.

Posted at

Okay, thank you for that info! That really cleared it up for me. :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hi Red Jack- make it "Mature" right off the bat, that's the easiest solution. You can have to heavy content in that but it's still widely accessible.

rickrudge
rickrudge
Posted at

Oh, another difference between the Duck’s “Mature” and “Adult” ratings is that the comics rated “Mature” can be viewed by anyone coming across them, where the comics rated “Adult” can only be viewed by folks signed up with the Duck. If you don’t mind holding back a little, more people might have access to it.

— Rick Rudge

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.