Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I think the end of my writing is near... or so I thought

Posted at

You know what guys? I think I'm gonna remove Bloodiator and Cold Cusp for now. Facing it now I feel like I'm not fully ready to tackle these stories and I'm not even sure if they even need their own series. Maybe I jumped a bit too early on the idea on those two. Maybe I'll set em' up again in the future or maybe I'll incorporate them into Imsies the Imthology or something, who knows, but right now I feel like I just wanna focus on the comics I actually got running and know what to do with. If I ruined anyones expectations with this I apologize. It's just a bit too much for me now.

Posted at

Actually! I think those two stories would actually make more sense from a setting perspective if they were incorporated into Imsies the Imthology. I'll see what I'll do.

Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
I wish I could stop. Every time I think I'm out of steam up comes another idea. I have over a dozen scripts written still to shoot. There are fifty or so other ideas and outlines in my files.

But then nothing I've done is worth reading so it all kind of balances out.

For me the well never dries up. When I thought my stuff was worth reading I could barely write a page. Now that I know it's not I have an endless supply of pieces to work on.

I can go on and on because I'm not trying to make anything special or reinvent story telling. I just turn out garbage and it's so much easier to write. Just get it done and everything can be fixed in the rewrite.

Boy, I feel literally everything you wrote here in my bones.

I just…really like telling stories, even though I am demonstratively terrible at it. I've finished two comics and have three more currently running and I just can't stop. And I honestly don't want to, because making things - even when they're bad - is really the only thing that makes me happy.

It almost feels unfair that I've got all this drive to churn out complete garbage while people with actual ability and talent struggle to produce much.

Oh well, at least the constant flood of ideas is good for me, heh.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.