Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Drunk Duck UNMATCHED! Artists needed!

cresc
cresc
Posted at

Let's make a Drunk Duck-themed card game! There is a card combat game called UNMATCHED that is designed for people to add their content. I have a copy and am learning the rules. We will use the UNMATCHED rules, and create our own art for the cards.

Some samples of the cards.

I found an online UNMATCHED DeckMaker That has the templates built into it. If someone is unable to use this maybe I can build it for you, we can work something out.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I like this idea, either as an art exercise or to make a working game.

are there open licence rule templates that could be used?

a card template design competition could be done, or maybe just a vote on a layout.

I'm definitely interested.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Just reading this I can imagine the whole deck for some of my characters. Very interesting.

Similar to the Naval Wars card game I played in college. You'd be dealt ships and then attacks and specials.

When I was teaching about the Middle Ages I made up a feudalism card game where the player was dealt fiefs that could be traded and also got event cards and attack/defense cards to grab a fief from another character.

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

I rather like this idea too! If we could find something like a template or some usable code, we could potentially make a really exciting game out of it. I'll bet there's probably something out there that could be put online, browser-based so platform-independent, and it could get our work and the Duck a lot of new fans!

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

I don't generally join Discord servers, so I hope you'll post updates here to let the rest of us know. It would be great to work on a project like this! So much fun.

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

We will need templates, because not everyone is using a Windows machine and this seems to be a Windows-only program. I am interested in it though!

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

I'm not sure if that would work well, since the whole point of having a template is working from specs that someone else established and set up in said template. Perhaps we could at least have an example template in, say, png or something accessible like that, and we could work from that to create our own?

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

Oh, good idea! That would be great, then we could decide which one would be the best and easiest to use. Sorry for the confusion!

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

Welcome back! This does still sound fun, so keep us posted!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.