Posted at

As we get ready to begin the regular release of what are known in comics as “floppies”, a lot of people are curious as to why I’m bothering to do this when traditionally you see manga style comics collected primarily in trades. I’m doing it for a few different reasons but the main reason is simply to offer you (the reader) more choices in how you consume the series.

Given that this series is not a career for me, I have to work another full time career. That means any content creation is severely hampered by other obligations. So content will continue to be made, just very slowly. The floppy option is a way to offer new content a little quicker to keep you engaged and up to speed as I move along. Depending on the complexity of an issue, I can usually crank out 15-20 pages in a short time unlike the trades which take months of work before anything new is released.

(I’d also be lying if I didn’t say that part of this decision was also because I get anxious to show you the new stuff.)

The current pricing structure for offerings will break down like this…

• Floppy Digital Editions – More rapid releases | Instant availability | Priced at $0.99 each.
• Floppy Print Editions – More rapid releases | Short wait for printing / shipping | Priced at $2.99 each.
• Trade Digital Editions – Less rapid releases, more content | Instant availability | Priced at $9.99 each.
• Trade Print Editions – Less rapid releases, more content | Short wait for printing / shipping | Priced at $12.99 each.

So, that’s currently the plan. I look forward to sharing some of the new chapters with all of you soon and (hopefully) later this summer releasing volume 2!