Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Time skipping without a chapter break

GeekyGami
GeekyGami
Posted at

I am at a loss.
I've hit a point in my comic where I have to express a skip in time to another important event, because there is nothing particularly important happening in-between, but I'm not certain how I would convey that in a way that isn't cheesy, or wouldn't take away from the event.

I want to avoid using a "5 days later" type of thing, and naturally reach that event, without necessarily doing what's in between.

I cannot do the end of the episode there, because the next "episode" would end up being a few pages long, and would need to be broken for the chapter after.

How would I go about effectively skipping to another event from that point forth?

If I can do so without conveying a specific amount of time as having passed, that would also be ideal to avoid plot holes further down the line.

Anybody got a clue?

… Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum for that.

Posted at

Is it long enough for a seasonal change?

If not, you'll have to just put it in naturally during a conversation between characters.

Some of the best comics still use "One Week Later", that's how comics, especially with long story arcs, work.

GeekyGami
GeekyGami
Posted at

ThatDarnFoxCreations wrote:
Is it long enough for a seasonal change?

If not, you'll have to just put it in naturally during a conversation between characters.

Some of the best comics still use "One Week Later", that's how comics, especially with long story arcs, work.

Yeah I'll try that.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.