Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

"Toys R' Us is a Bunch of Fucking Liars" and other stories of asshole corporations

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Imagine the look on her face when she gets a handful of dogshit and her car doesn't run right!
Imagine your face as you're arrested…

:P

Still, I love that dogshit idea.

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

haha, thats a great idea. I think she's moved off to a bigger store someplace else though.
Ah well, will save that idea for if i get screwed over at this new job of mine :P

Posted at

I used to be a janitor at movie theater and I got paid by the shift instead of by the hour. I got $22.5 per shift which worked out to more than $5.5 per hour IF the cleaning of the whole theater only took four hours. It took four hours on a slow night, the day Return of the King premiered I started at 9 pm and got out around 7 am. To get paid by the hour the other janitors (about two weeks after I quit to work at the college) didn't come in for a week, leaving the manager to try and find/train someone with no notice, or do it herself.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I have one or two things like these. Nothing nearly as bad, but still bad. First, back when my brother applied to Best Buy, he had to go through their ridiculous questionnaire which was so difficult not even the manager there passed it. Then, after one or two interviews they made him piss in a cup for drug testing. Few days later he found out he didn't get the job. After all, what's wrong with degrading yourself for no benefit whatsoever!

I work at Six Flags Photo at SF Great America, and I have got some horror stories. First off, a lot of the customers are just plain jerks. One woman asked me where something was that was within eyesight, and after telling her twice, she asked to see my supervisor. I have a dry, deep voice, so apparently she thoguht I was being sarcastic. Oh, then there's the people who ask where the photo booth is when I'm holding a giant arrow in front of my stomach, the people who think that our photos are free, and the people who bang on the bathroom door behind the booth.

Second, the old management for this year was so corrupt that none of them are still around. One of them told me I have received 2 complaints(my guess was I was backlogged and didn't assemble the photos fast enough). They were both from black women, and so her, being one herself, asked if I was racist to them. Even after being so dumbstruck all I could say was "what?!" and denying it, she held something against me until she left. Then there was the supervisor that was fired for stealing, and the manager that was fired for cutting people's wages and not telling them, simply because she didn't like them(still haven't been pai for 6 hours I worked). Oh, and a final note, yearly turnover for regular employees is about 70-80%, and nobody is there for more than 2 seasons.

Yeah, that probably sounded like one huge pile of whine compared to the rest of you, but I needed to get that off my chest.

TdotOdot2k
TdotOdot2k
Posted at

I worked for the Sobey's Warehouse (Warehouse for a Maritime Grocery Store chain) for a week before I gave the manager a verbal rundown, a flip of the bird, and my friends resume (who…for some reason…they actually hired, and he remained there for 5 years o_o;;) for being a two-faced SOB.

At the time, I was taking a college course (Electro-Mechanical Technician) and thought I'd like to have a part time job on the side. I got the interview, aced it, and was guarenteed 20 hours a week, which I could handle just fine and dandy. Well….heh. It didn't turn out that way. I was hired in the month of October.

I worked four 10 hour shifts before I got fed up. Monday-Thursday, 2-12. I had to get up at 5 am for college, and you know, I required time and stuff to study, and maybe even just have a minute to relax here and there. I went to see my boss. He explained that if I could make it at that warehouse, I could make it anywhere. I pressed him further, explaining this was not the agreement I signed up for, as I was a college student, and could not handle 40 hours a week on top of educating myself. My marks were already starting to suffer, and I was there 4 days!

He told me to get used to it, because they were gearing up for the Christmas holiday season, and that I'd need to be ready to work a lot of hours. He also informed me I'd be working 4-12 on Friday, 8-4 on Saturday, and 8-4 on Sunday. This is approximately the time I told him I quit, and to cram it with walnuts. I came back, just to give him my friends resume, and all of a sudden he wanted to discuss my schedule…and I laughed. When inquired what my grin was for, I explained I had already sat through this routine once this week.

As for now, I'm doing just fine. I guess I made it, with only 4 days experience there! :P

Rimbaum
Rimbaum
Posted at

I don't think that any of my experiences were quite so horrible, but… well, I do have my stories to share.

First off, there's fast food. I hatehatehatehate working in fast food. The two times I've worked there, I was promised more than one day a week (I was still in high school, and just wanted to work weekends for some extra money), and light duty, usually in the dining room areas because I'm good with people. KFC schedules me for FIVE HOURS A WEEK, then suddenly cut me even that for two weeks in a row… without any notice at all. Then Wendy's puts me on fry duty on Sunday mornings right after church. In that town, it was the busiest hours to be on fry duty. This wouldn't have been so bad, if they did it more often and let me get USED to it. I'd only get put there once a month, and then got bitched at for lagging behind on all the orders.

Then… there was Sam's Club. Let me tell you now that Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are both extremely corrupt and HORRIBLE places to work. I was hired on as a part-time cashier. There were too few cashiers, more than half of us were part time and worked full-time hours, and got no benefits for essentially working a full-time job. I had a hard time standing in one place all day because of a bad knee, and was offered a full-time job in the Cafe. It keeps me from staying in one place all day, and would give me insurance benefits, so I go for it.

This, apparently, is where I started to get screwed over. Shortly after I come in, a new guy is hired. This guy is a total asshole that sucks up to the management and holds grudges for needless reasons. He deliberately tries getting me written up because I refused to switch shifts with him so he could leave work earlier and go to the company Christmas party. :/ Yeah, like I said… This guy also succeeded in eventually getting me fired.

Then, there's the fact that Wal-Mart and Sam's Club seriously cut back on hours after Christmas to cut back on the amount of money they have to give you. You had a chance of getting written up if you were even five minutes over 37 1/2 hours (a full work week, in other words). Now, Cafe consistantly has to stay late to clean up. Then there's the fact that I have inconsistent blood sugar that can rapidly take a dive, spike up, then dive even lower. I knew I was in need of something to stabilize me, and requested one guy to stay a little late so I wouldn't be alone and risk passing out while the other person on my closing shift took his break. Sure enough, I actually black out for a short while after my own break, and am sent home by the absolute best manager in the store. I return the next day and am bitched at my my area manager for making my one coworker (that stayed with me so I wouldn't be alone) stayed late, and also for making my other coworker close by himself.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, isn't even counting the numerous temporary jobs I've had during my long period of unemployment. :/

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I remember when I applied for Toys R Us when I was younger. I got screwed in very much the same manner. When I applied, I wasn't told that I was applying for seasonal help, so much to shock and horror, I discovered about halfway through that my job was in jeopardy come January. Fortunately, I was kept on, but I didn't get a pay cut. That must be new.

Then again, you do get an extra dollar per hour on night crew, so maybe they're just thinking of moving you to days after the holiday.

Oh, and prepare for hell. Depending on the size of your store, you may be dealing with as many as ten trucks a week. Just figure that whatever it was when you started, muliply it by about 3.5, and you'll get a rough idea of how much merchandise you'll be dealing with at the height of the holiday season. I was a storeroom junky just like you, and I remember that horror all too well.

Happy Holidays!

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

Oh yes. I've had completely forgotten the joys of being screamed at by total idiots. The Christmas spirit truly touches us all. That's why I do all my shopping before the end of October. …and usually from the internet.

My favorite moments were always when there was some harpy shrieking at the front of a line, usually holding things up for about ten other angry customers. In addition to doing night crew, I also worked the electronic ticket item counter. After purchasing a video game, they'd come over to me to get their item. Naturally, they'd do something dumb like grab the ticket for a Saturn game rather than the PlayStation (yes, it was that long ago). Sure enough, they always figured out a way to make it my fault.

The best one was this pregnant lady. There was actually nothing wrong with the transaction. She bought a Gameboy game and I even had it waiting for her at the desk. I stamped her ticket and receit and said, "Here ya go!", with a cheerful smile. She gets beet red and goes, "I NEED HELP!!!! I'M PREGNANT!!!!!"

Yes, she needed help to her car with… a Gameboy cartridge. Sadly, it wasn't the only time working there that I encountered a pregnant woman using her pregnancy as an excuse to act like an infant.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

An infant with a baby inside of them? Well done Neilsama, you've put me off food for the rest of today.

Posted at

I know all your pain, people.

and it's even worse when You're an young adult that looks like an 15-16 years old or younger. I've even had people thinking I was 13!! but that was back in the day before I went into college and were saving up for it.

I did get into this progam where they would help poor college students with classes and stuff, but I still needed money of my own for certain things, espeically snice the progam couldn't pay ALL of the prices on sereval classes that I wanted to take and stuff like that.

So I went about getting an job… I actually had one actual major job.. but it was at Mcdonalds.
You see, in addition to me looking young, I'm also deaf.

so that often leads people to the assumation that I'm childish and have to be retarded somehow. or just lacking proper illegence in the same way that a lot of hearing people have, espeically if I can't speak very well.
my manager was an good example of stupid people out there that thinks: Young-looking and deaf= Immature and not as capable as hearing people.

so he would tell me things not to do, like not put my hand on the thing where you cook the burgers if it was turned on and stuff. no duh! I know that much. I'm not fucking stupid.

and kept on breathing down my neck if I ever made the slightest mistake, like not putting in enough grease for the frying of the fries. he wouldn't even let me do my job correctly the way it was supposed to be…. just kept on coming over to me and telling me how to do things and so on.. reminding me of how to things everyday.

I was only there two-three weeks and he was driving me nuts to the point of insanity. so I filed an complaint against him about his poor management skills with the owners of the Mcdonald's here, and filed an file on why I was quitting, and just left.

made some money off that, but it wasn't worth it.

then afterwards I tried getting jobs at other places, but they wouldn't hire people who only got out of high school, had no expernice (save for the mcdonald's fiasco), etc.

so guess how I saved up my money for college? by babysitting…..
which wouldn't had been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that the only kind of parents who ever hired me was the ones with shitty kids who thought it would be funny to pee on me even though they're like 8 years old and should fucking know better. seriously, I was peed on by an 8-year-old boy… he like sneaked up behind me while I was on a beanbag chair.. and peed all over my back and hair!

believe me, I complained a lot to the parents about that and also added that he left pee all over the beanbag and the floor…. the parents didn't even apolize to me for it, and didn't even give me extra money for it. they didn't even look embrassed or anything. and no, the 8-year-old wasn't even Austic or anything else like that.. so they can't exactly blame it on some disorder or anything.

so I tried working for my grandfather's trucker services, at this garage where I would just list ivenotry and what not. underpaid a lot for it, espeically snice it was just the job nobody else wanted.. because I'd get out of it smelling like oil and gasloine, and I'd still smell it no matter how much I showered and bathed.

but when I finally were able to afford 5-8 years of college in any classes I wanted to take, I quit doing the jobs thing….

ugh, I hate the job market… bad experices as you can obivously tell.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

so guess how I saved up my money for college? by babysitting…..
which wouldn't had been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that the only kind of parents who ever hired me was the ones with shitty kids who thought it would be funny to pee on me even though they're like 8 years old and should fucking know better. seriously, I was peed on by an 8-year-old boy… he like sneaked up behind me while I was on a beanbag chair.. and peed all over my back and hair!
THAT was extremely hilarious! Good story Aurora ^_^
I don't know if anyone will top that one.

-on a similar note, I was looking after a little boy for a friend of my dad's. We were in a shopping centre and he tells me he wants some chocolates. I said "no" and he said he was going to pee on me (he had a history of pissing on people to get his way), he started to pull down his pants IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOPPING CENTRE!.
So I threatened to kick him in the nuts. (I would have done it too)

Anyway, he settled down after that.

Posted at

it might seem funny to other people but it was certainly not to me.

after all I dont like pee on me, period. and I'm not certainly not one of those werid people who gets off on being peed on….

looking back on it, I wish I had given him a very good hard spanking like I had oringally wanted to… but you see, back then I was kinda naive… I believed that any parents would want to admistder the punishment themselves and for me not to doanything expect inform them so that they can do it themselves.

but that bastard child didn't even get any punishment at all. so he'd proably pee on other babysitters out there, and proably grow up to be one of those werid people who gets off on peeing on other people.

Oi, I should had seriously spanked him…… unless he'd enjoy that? ew.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but that bastard child didn't even get any punishment at all. so he'd proably pee on other babysitters out there, and proably grow up to be one of those werid people who gets off on peeing on other people.

Oi, I should had seriously spanked him…… unless he'd enjoy that? ew.
:) You topped it. That was even funnier!

Posted at

is that so?

for some reason the things I say when I'm really angry tends to amuse people a lot…. like my comments up above. I seriously meant what I said up there, you know. peeing on people isn't just right at all, espeically when you're out of diapers and sought to know better~!

it annoys me when I try to tell my family how I'm angry with them when I'm really upset and angry, and they end up laughing. the same with other people.

and yet when I'm not angry and try to be funny, people don't get my humor. go figure.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I didn't mean to offend you or anything by saying that :)
It's just that angry, indignant rants about being peed on are inherently amusing. ^_^

Posted at

yeah I suppose that it would be funny. I suppose I'd laugh too, if it didn't happen to me. ^^;;

it's really true… certain situations are only funny until it happens to you.

Posted at

When i got my job they said they would pay for my home, my food, and my health care!
i was like "holy shit count me in!"

Well after 17 weeks of getting my face punched in they made up for it by sending me to germany!

for two weeks…

then they sent into a life threatening situation for a year and a half!

oh wait…thats right, im in the army…
And trust me, its a corperation.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

That's why I won't touch the armed services. They do stupid shit like that. And worst of all, you can't quit.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Damnit! I've been unemployed for the past 6-8 months. And I finally found a job working at Toys R'Us as a nighttime stock person.

At the interview, they told me I would recieve AT LEAST 5 days a week, with 8 hours per day. This translates to 40 hours a week. 40 hours a week means fulltime. So needless to say, I was pretty fucking happy.

But then I get to the orientation. I'm sitting there for about 40 minutes listening to this dumbass bitch talking about company policies. And she mentions how seasonal employees don't get any benefits…

WHAT THE FUCK? I had applied strictly for full-time or part-time work. I ask her "What's this? I didn't apply for seasonal!". She tells me that after January, they'll either fire me or give me a $1 pay cut (Making my pay $6 hourly). And then I ask if they are going to cut my hours below full-time come January as well.

Then comes the whopper. She gets the head manager and he tries feeding me some bullshit about how the most they'll give me is three nights a week and they won't even be eight hour shifts.

I look at the dude and I tell him, this is not what I was offered at the interview. He tells me that if that is the case, I best just leave. So I'm still unemployed because Toys R'Us is a bunch of fucking liars.

And I hate nothing more than a fucking liar. Nothing, not racists, not homophobes, not nazis, not even terrorists. Liars aren't even the bottom of the barrel. They are the ground that the barrel is sitting on.

So, share your stories about how corporations fucked you over. I'm sure you all have some nice ones for us to all hear.

In accepting a job, I gotta look at the WRITTEN agreement. No written agreement, I'm not taking that shit.

But since you were initially unemployed, yea I understand why you were suckered in.

Right now I get paid semi-decently doing an office job. I'd need something written if I'm gonna transfer jobs.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.