Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I didn't even enter and I'm in agony waiting for this. ;)

Posted at

Hey, everybody. I'm sorry for the delay in the announcement and my silence over the last few days. It's been tough on me, too. You guys were all awesome and your entries were spectacular. I mean what I wrote on the CBC webpage that we could have filled the Top 50 up over and over again with the number of great entries we received. We DID end up with quite a few Duckers in the Top 50, though. For all of you who didn't, I'm truly sorry and I'm truly, truly thankful for your creativity and excitement over the contest. It was a very tough decision for all of us here, believe me.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Blablahblahblah
I'm going to get 5.2 million!
Blahblahblahblah

Did I just hear 5.2 million?! Hey… How's about lending Cthulhu some money… Not much… Just a thousand? I'm just kidding, congradulations! But seriously…

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Personally, while I'm half-tempted to enter, the whole copyright issue just doesn't sit right with me - even if I just make "throw-away" characters, I'll usually make ones that I enjoy too much to let go. Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool, though.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

The results are in! How many DD users made it aside from me?

I don't recognize names, but screen-names may help. :P

Th_Mole
Th_Mole
Posted at

The results are in! How many DD users made it aside from me?

Congrats!

EHJones
EHJones
Posted at

I mean what I wrote on the CBC webpage that we could have filled the Top 50 up over and over again with the number of great entries we received.

Well, hey, since all the entries were so great, why don't you just publish them all? ;-) I'm sure there are a few of us who didn't make it who'd be happy to entertain contract offers… LOL I can just imagine you sending out ten thousand contracts… hehe

In all seriousness, congrats to those of you who made it, and good luck! The few I've seen on DD who made the cut are definitely worthy, and I look forward to seeing who wins!

Just out of curiosity, how many entrants were there, exactly? Give us the huge number… it'll make those folks who made the cut seem all the more impressive!

Th_Mole
Th_Mole
Posted at

Platinum Dan, a request!

I understand fully that in the next phase it is entirely up to the panel in San Diego to decide who goes on, but is there anywhere the 50 entries that won that invitation will be posted so we can see them?

I'm sure there are many of us wanting to see the entire 50 for now, while we wait to see who gets to be in the top 10. Unless I'm mistaken, Platinum Studios already has permission to post them for publicity purposes.

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

Mole, I think sooner or later here, the actual video pitches will be online at blueroom or comicchallenge website.

Congrats to the people who made the cut. And to those who didn't, don't be discouraged! Next year's contest will come faster than you think. In the meantime, start a regular webcomic and hone your skills to conquer the universe next time!

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I wonder if everyone in the top ten gets a prize…?

If Nadya reaches maybe fifty pages by next years challenge, I'm in. :-)

EHJones
EHJones
Posted at

D0m (not to steal Dan's thunder, I'm sure he'd answer here eventually…) everyone in the top 50 gets a copy of Comic Book Creator software and a stipend towards their trip to San Diego. Top ten get a pretty expensive piece of animation software, can't remember what the name of it is. And top 3 get a wacom drawing tablet.

And of course, the winner gets published… that was the only prize I wanted… LOL There's always next year!!

Killgore
Killgore
Posted at

So does everyone have their plans shored up? I have yet to find lodging.

troybowen
troybowen
Posted at

I am staying a little ways out of SD and driving in early the morning of the challenge. Cheaper that way for me.

Darkmax
Darkmax
Posted at

WELL!!!!! Does anybody know what's going on, the pitches went down 3 days ago right????

Where are the videos (YOUTUBE)

Where's all the news!!!!

THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME AND I'M NOT EVEN IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkmax
Darkmax
Posted at

THERE IN!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TOP TEN ARE in!!!!!

HOOORAAYY FOR SHAWN GRANGER and the KING TRACTOR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE SHADES OF GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could go all they way!!!!!!!

GO SHAWN!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget to check all his KingTractor productions
Innocent
Family Bones
Alecto Song Book
The Devilfish Project (Shameless Plug)

Vote for Shades of Gray Here NOW!!!!!!!!

http://www.attblueroom.com/hollywood/comic-book-challenge/mediaplayer.php

GeoIV
GeoIV
Posted at

Hi all,
So after a really great experience and some stiff competition I�ve been named in the Top 10 of the COMIC BOOK CHALLENGE 2007,
I�m uber-excited about this and would really appreciate your help in going all the way!!!!
All I need you to do is goto the link below and vote for yours truly.
There you can also view my video pitch for my story Everdance: A Blood Story, and bio info. So please show some love and vote for meeeee!
Cheers all, and thanks,
G~

http://attblueroom.com/hollywood/comic-book-challenge

P.S. I really appreciate everything you all have done for me to get Everdance this far� Now, let�s take it all the way!

Jorge Vega
Jorge Vega
Posted at

Hey, George! Congrats on the Top 10. Had a great time getting to know you in San Diego, my man. Props! ;)

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

It was really great meeting all of you this year. Can't wait to do it again next year! Super good luck to all the top 10!

Imagine in 5 years or so, we'll have five past winners, we could all do a special crossover book or some big event!

Posted at

Sup Jorge and George. And DJ. It was awesome meeting you guys in San Diego…a week ago already. Wow. Congrats to everybody else in the top 10.

Drunk Duckers-you know you want to go to www.attblueroom.com and vote. And probably for me, right? I mean, we go way back, right? Right?

Banana Barry. Just saying.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.