Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

That's nothing really.

I figure out most of my comics situations by acting them out aloud while im sitting on the can. I've been doing it for years and i don't think anybody in my family has noticed.

I also talk to myself for at least an hour each night (this will be awkward when i have a roommate next year), while im doing this im either straight up thinking aloud or im pretending to be one of my insignificant characters interviewing my main character.

Hey, all schizophrenia means is that you are never alone.

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Nope! You're not!

We all have our moments…

However, when I get an idea for a comic, I just act them out… although I have female protagonists, I try resembling their characters!

So, it's alright! I read aloud when I get excited about a certain situation!

Posted at

Do you know how I come up with stories? I literally walk around in circles and just think about it; different scenes and such.
I've been doing it since I was little. Sort of a habbit…and yes, I've said lines out loud while doing that or writing something.

Hey, I do that too!

…only I physically act out the scene.

jissai
jissai
Posted at

dude, ur not insane!
believe me!

ever had to endure days when u hear voices and see people thata arent there?

it SCARY! and u odnt get used to it neither!

it also doesnt help that i also have severe anxiety and other mental problems. i tend to freak people out when i yell at the voices in public.

it truely sucks…

wyldflowa
wyldflowa
Posted at

I also sometimes say lines aloud while planning scenes for my characters. I'll act out gestures, movements, imagine what the character would say in response to this or that.
I do this for pretty much every scene I draw/write - I just can't visualise the characters actions properly or how to make their dialogue sound natural unless I speak/act it out in some way. Its a habit I got into as a kid - play acting things out then writing/drawing them down. Goddam I must look like a loon doing it but as far as I know no one's actually seen me at it yet… O_O;;;

I also talk to myself for at least an hour each night (this will be awkward when i have a roommate next year), while im doing this im either straight up thinking aloud or im pretending to be one of my insignificant characters interviewing my main character.
THAT'S WHAT I DO! homg. I feel really restrained when I have to share a room with someone because I'm thinking "goddam, I can't talk to myself now!" XD I mean, sometimes I just think/act/talk out scenes that will never happen in my comic just to get my head around the characters personalities and to see how they would act in situations besides what I've already planned for them. And yeah, interviews and things… anything to round the characters out. People commend me on my character writing so I must be doing something right… ^^;

It's quite fun actually - I can pass hours quite happily just thinking out stories in my head~ XD

And yeah, I put on stupid voices too… for my own characters and when reading other people's comics… If you're insane then I am too - but I don't feel insane. Just a bit eccentric and too into my craft perhaps? ^^;

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.