Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

Jeebus! So that actually happens? Remember when you were going to school when you were little and your teachers always seemed so teacher-like? As if they were just made that way? I remember that… And these days when I meet highschool or primary school teachers I can almost always tell. Beware BK, don't let it infect your soul!

-I'm being facetious of course, but there is truth in there… Out of all the jobs that can change people, teaching is one that does it more than most.

(Oh my God, I stupidly clicked "edit" instead of "quote"! Thank God for Firefox. Seriously, I can just feel my face turning red!)

Anyhow, I remember my prof telling me once how she went to a teachers conference and realized that all the female teachers looked the same! They had the same haircut, the same expression…even the same frown lines!

My soul! :O

I know this is totally off topic but while I'm at it, there are things that I'm actually obligated to do as a teacher. If I see one of my students drinking and I know that they're underage, I'm apparently suppose to inform their parents. If I see or suspect child abuse, I am obligated to report it (and if I don't, I can be held liable.) I'm not allowed to talk about any details or name them in great detail either.

So yeah, I can see how it would change people. :S

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Aw, all my italics are gone :(
Heh, I do that too! You don't even realise what happens until you post it and then you're like "wha…? Oh shi*!"

We've forked this topic well and truly. ;)
A lot of great novelists and poets started out as teachers, so it's not all bad. You don't have to become "typecast" as a teacher forever. :)
-there, I think I tied it into the subject again.

marine
marine
Posted at

Beek, if you want to you can put me down as a personal refrence. I'll get you the job, WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.