Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

through the door?

How much dirt is in a hole 12 inches wide by 3 feet deep?

.: SpANG! :.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

How much dirt is in a hole 12 inches wide by 3 feet deep?
…I'm out of my depth there… :P

Aw, if there were four cigarettes on the table but only 3 guys sitting, I assumed another guy would have been in the room with them. :lol:

You know, funnily enough about that doctor question, I once told that to a very intellectual friend of mine and he worried over it for about 3 hours, suggesting everything from body transference, to an illegitimate birth, and adoption. I eventually had to tell him the solution.
The irony was that his own mother was actually a doctor!

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

You're stuck in a room, no way out, etc., etc.. The walls are solid steel. All you have is a chainsaw and a table; how do you get out?

(note: You may have heard this one in the 3rd grade)

How about this:
Cut the table in half. Of course, two halves makes a "hole". All you need to do then is jump through the hole. :wink:

…I'm out of my depth there… :P
would it help If I changed it to METRIC measurements? :P

The irony was that his own mother was actually a doctor!
Ha! :lol:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Naw… but apart from lacking a third dimension, it's a hole so I suppose there's no dirt in it at all. :-D

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Naw… but apart from lacking a third dimension, it's a hole so I suppose there's no dirt in it at all. :-D

Correct. But it's assumed that this hole was round, so the diameter was 12 inches. :wink:

okay, explain how you can make 12 guys into 13 guys:

Blitz
Blitz
Posted at

By cheating with overlap.

Next Brainteaser That Actually Involves Thought Rather Than Wit: In a far away land, it was known that if you drank acid, the only way to save yourself is to drink a stronger acid, which neutralizes the weaker acid. The king, who ruled the land, wanted to make sure that he possessed the strongest acid in the kingdom, in order to ensure his survival, in any situation. So he called the kingdom's pharmacist and the kingdom's treasurer, he gave each a week to make the strongest acid. Then, each would drink the other one's acid, then his own, and the one that will survive, will be the one that had the stronger acid.

The pharmacist went straight to work, but the treasurer knew he had no chance, for the pharmacist was much more experienced in this field, so instead, he made up a plan to survive and make sure the pharmacist dies. On the last day the pharmacist suddenly realized that the treasurer would know he had no chance, so he must have a plan. After a little thought, the pharmacist realized what the treasurer's plan must be, and he concocted a counter plan, to make sure he survives and the treasurer dies. When the time came, the king summoned both of them. They drank the acids as planned, and the treasurer died, the pharmacist survived, and the king didn't get what he wanted.

What happened?

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

By cheating with overlap.
That explains nothing.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Spang, thanks for killing the thread with that. And the picture does cheat with overlap, to Blitz's merit.

Blitz… I'm gonna need a little more time to work that thing of yours out. I'm more of the lateral thinker than the logical thinker, so this brainteaser is a little more daunting to me.

~IJ

THE ANSWER TO THE LAST BRAINTEASER I PUT UP, WHICH I LIKE BUT YOU PROBABLY WON'T: The hairdresser would rather cut the hair of two people from anywhere in the world than a single person in town not because she has a vendetta against the town or anything, but simply because she would get more money from cutting two people's hair than just one. Ba-da-bum.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

yeah, that was much better than mine. :roll:

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Okay, Blitz! I think I figured out your little acids problem! Here goes:

The treasurer's plan was to offer water instead of acid. This way, when the pharmacist drank the treasurer's water, and then his own acid, there would be no acid for the pharmacist's undoubtedly strong acid to neutralize, and it would instead kill him. Meanwhile, the treasurer would secretly drink a weak acid before the trial, thereby ensuring that the pharmacist's strong acid would work on the weak acid in his stomach and let the treasurer live.

The pharmacist's counterplan was also to offer water. That way, the treasurer would have nothing in his stomach to counteract the weak acid he secretly drank before the trial, and it would slowly yet surely kill him. The pharmacist, meanwhile, would only be drinking water both times, and would experience nothing besides a slight need to go to the bathroom. The king, of course, didn't get what he wanted because both candidates offered water for their entries. Mwah mwaaaaaaah.

~IJ

NEXT BRAINTEASER: There is a semi truck driving down a small and empty highway towards Charleston, South Carolina. Everything is going fine and dandy until the truck comes to an overpass that is just an inch or two too low for the truck to drive under. Now, the driver is running late as it is, and making a detour would burn at least another hour. How can the truck driver get the truck under the overpass and on its merry way?

PS: And no dynamiting the overpass. That's cheating, on top of being destruction of public property.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Fwah, that's an old one… let the tires down a little bit ^^
I still want to know the answer to Spang's! (it's not simple overlap)
Congrats on the acid one BTW, I thought of water too, but not acid before the trial, good idea!

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I have one:

what must you give before you can break it?

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

A promise.

Okay, an easy one. An electric train is travelling southwards ant 40 mph. The wind is blowing north-westernly at 24 mph. Which direction and how fast is the steaming moving at?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Which direction and how fast is the steaming moving at?
Why? Does someone have a kettle sitting on top of it or something?
Maybe the driver's boiling an egg in a saucepan…

No one's worked out SpANG's picture yet!

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I think I've worked out spangs picture. when the bodies switch over part of the feet are missing on one of the people when they cross over, not enough to be notice when they are stood on their own but enough to slot in with part of the fixed scene when it returns.
these pictures are probably of no use but I'm not very good at explaining things.

sorry about the numbers I was going to number them to show the cross over but as only parts of some people move it's a little tricky

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Aqua's makes no goddamn sense whatsoever.

It's an electric train so there wouldn't be steam if that's what you're asking.

That is what I was trying to say. Riddles are not my forte.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

need help with 2 brain teasers my brother send me. can y'all help me out.

thanks in advance.

What's this phrase?
SOMething

What is this phrase?
RE
EV
VI
EG
N

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

need help with 2 brain teasers my brother send me. can y'all help me out.

thanks in advance.

What's this phrase?
SOMething

What is this phrase?
RE
EV
VI
EG
N
No bloody idea!

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Never give UP, more like.

~IJ

NEXT BRAINTEASER: Mr. Wilco is walking down a country road towards a small village on the island of Jakarta in Indonesia when suddenly there is a torrential downpour. Mr. Wilco, having been the lone survivor of an unfortunate plane crash, does not have anything with him to shield himself from the rain– no umbrella, no newspaper, not even a shirt. He just decides to get wet, seeing as his day can't get much worse. However, when Mr. Wilco gets to the village, not a single hair on his head is even the slightest bit wet. How?

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

He didn't have anything to shield his head from the rain. Which means no hat. And it was still raining when he got to the village.

Keep guessing!

~IJ

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

knowing you Ian, it's a trick question. I say he was bald. Bald as an egg. An evil bald egg.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

he has no eybrows? or has a hole been discovered in this riddle? :P

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

he has no eybrows? or has a hole been discovered in this riddle? :P
Well if he was in a plane crash, they could've been burned off, maybe even his hair was burned off? We know he lost his shirt somehow…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.