Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Compliment the Comic Belonging to the Person Above You!!

Posted at

Your comic is nice, I like the way you draw the scene aura, it really is strengthening the story.
Well for the plot, I was expecting a mystery/horror, but end up a bit comedy^^
Looking forward for the next chapters, I have given it a like :)
And here is mine, link below the signature
It is a Manga, read it right to left

Posted at

The Violet Sun reminds me of nostalgic fantasy anime and manga (Berserk, Record of Lodoss War) with a western twist when it comes to art style. I'd compare the style to that of the White Wolf manuals for Exalted best. I really like the premise and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, but what I'm digging most is your landscapes. Keep up the work and never fear to aim for publication.
Mine from the start (I'm going back and making edits to the font in my downtime):
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Dark_Fenrir_X/4839998/

Posted at

Dude!! you know me so well!! true!! My manga is 100% based on berserk, be it character shading, or effects. I am totally trying to imitate Miura artwork, although it is very hard^^ for your comic, it is actually nice, looking forward for the next chapters, but I suggest you can make it better if you use drawing tools like ruler, for the elevator button for example. And adding some focus lines could make some of your scenes more epic!!

friendlyel
friendlyel
Posted at

Whoah! As a Berserk fan, and just anime/manga lover in general, I just read some of your comic The Violet Sun and has such an amazing amount of potential. I'm honestly starting to enjoy it just as much as most mangas out currently. Keep it up!

Posted at

The slice of life format you have going brings forth the question of, "Who am I, and why am I here?" or maybe that's just the Jack & Coke talking. The style is pretty good. A few things could be improved but nothing that time can resolve. Keep going and do what you do.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I love the composition and artwork in your comic. It's so dynamic and expressive. It's dark but in a vital sort of way rather than a dreary one. It's also hella impressive that you've racked up 120 pages of comic. That's no small achievement.

Posted at

Tales of the Unpredictable Chaos is very high energy and does a fantastic job at world building.

Posted at

Kalamity Comics…I love your inking skills!

Avart
Avart
Posted at

RabbitMaster: I really enojoyed Kung Fu Rabbit, what happened to this comic? Also, Camerons World look promising. Hope to see more of it soon!

Posted at

I rebooted, redrew, rewrote, etc Kung Fu Rabbit, and then presented it in another venue. Even though the new version was light years better than it's predecessor, it turned out to be a rather dismal failure. Thank for asking.

Seokthih
Seokthih
Posted at

Rabbitmaster, Camerons World looks insane in a good way! Really, I have something to read now!

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Seokthih, your comic The Sanity looks amazing and is very immersive. Hope to read new pages soon :D

BearinOz
BearinOz
Posted at

I went to the "Comment on the art belonging…." and "Redux: Did you just update" ….I've been wanting to put a notifier up for ages, but was brought up on "If you can't say anything nice…." SO ! Thank God for this third option B-)

I'm not personally into Manga (although I loved the T.V. animated stuff, when my kids were young), but it is a 'pretty' art style. I also prefer colour, but this one above is a cut above the usual BnW, with it's dot shading. SO yeah, nice job !

I've been back updating 2 of mine her on the old mallard, coincidentslly ( given that the reviewed comic has a vampiric theme ), the first of mine
is an "alt-vampire" thing :-
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Liquid_Lunch/ is updating Mon/THurs at the moment …. and the other has been doing so for a while, now 4 days a week Mon/Tues/Th/Fr
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Butterfly_Effect/

N.B. - they are L-N-S-V and L-N-S respectively, so NOT for the kiddies !!! B-)

DeanZeeks
DeanZeeks
Posted at

I like how simplistic and the colors are cheerful plus the characters have that classic realistic cartoon style

caliway
caliway
Posted at

What I really like in Road to Heaven is the characters expressions :) the personalities of the characters comes across strong right off the bat! The drawings are simple but the faces and gestures communicate what the people are going through immediately. Awesome sauce! :D

Kathleen
Electricity Is Her Element

Dr5pectre
Dr5pectre
Posted at

The colors in electricity is her element are just stunning! It looks like so much love and effort goes into every single panel. I'm blown away!

toondoctor
toondoctor
Posted at

I don't want this thread to die so I'll respond to Dr5pectre.
I really like your characters' facial expressions. They have a lot of emotions.

WilliamB
WilliamB
Posted at

ToonDoctor I visited your page and I am impressed by how good your art is! Were you self taught? It has this vintage feel to it, like straight out of an old comic strip or and add. I just joined and learning how to navigate the site. Hope I'm doing this right. First time on a forum too :P

Avart
Avart
Posted at

I've just take a look at your work WilliamB, Fruit of Eden looks promising. Good art and fast paced action, as a manga fan I enjoyed the changes in characters expressions. For a starter in comics/manga world, you're doing a great job, work hard to improve and become better.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.