Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Little do you guys realize that I was only half kidding when I posted that first comment. While the majority of Christians don't go into ontological turmoil when confronted with a secular point-of-view, there are a number of believers, largely of the reformed variety, who will literally make many of the absurd logical leaps made above. I've actually met people who say such obnoxious things as "birth control is anti-God".

Well, to them, controlling things like birth is against what god wants. I mean, they believe God gives them the gift the of a baby… they wouldn't want to kill Gods gift.

Posted at

I'm just waiting for the conservapedia people to get overwhelmed with vandals…assuming no one gets thrown in a prison somewhere off the coast of columbia.

*edit!*
It turns out you get ten years in JAIL if you vandalise Conservapedia.
Just Conservapedia. Bunch of whiney bitches.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

It turns out you get ten years in JAIL if you vandalise Conservapedia.
Just Conservapedia. Bunch of whiney bitches.

That has to be false.

Posted at

That has to be false.

Check the gray box at the top of their main page.

rococo
rococo
Posted at

That threat's abolutely ridiculous. Get caught graffiti-ing and you get a warning and a record …

My personal favourite Wiki is Wookiepedia … for no reason other than the name. :)

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Check the gray box at the top of their main page.

Yes, but they're twisting the law to their means. Nowhere in the law does it say anything about 10 years in prison (they made that number up, because the law does state something about 'years equal to damanges' ) and it mainly concerns the stealing of private financial information from other individuals, as well as stealing information that could be used against the US Government, as specified:
1) having knowingly accessed a computer without authorization or exceeding authorized access, and by means of such conduct having obtained information that has been determined by the United States Government pursuant to an Executive order or statute to require protection against unauthorized disclosure for reasons of national defense or foreign relations, or any restricted data, as defined in paragraph y.[(y)] of section 11 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 [42 USCS 2014(y)], with reason to believe that such information so obtained could be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation willfully communicates, delivers, transmits, or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it;…

Basically they're taking some law that has to do with people stealing actual important (the law is specifically designed to guard again fraud, especially the kind of fraud that could be used again the US) and using it to guard against…vandalism on a crappy Wiki?

Anyway this site just depresses me because it's authors are idiots who feel that America is at the center of the universe. They have something on there about how Wikipedia is baised because it's too liberal, and that goes against America, when in actuality there are more liberal people in the world than conservatives, so it makes sense that there would be that kind of bias on a Wiki that covers the ENTIRE world.

God I hate conservative America.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heh, Wikipedia doesn't have a "Liberal Bias", but Conservapedia does have an American right wing conservative bias. ;)
I think the trouble is that these Conservapedia nitwits have a rudimentary understanding of the world. To start with what they don't realise is that "liberalism" in the context of Wikipedia means accepting all views (right, left, in, up, down, inside out, whatever), while their Conservapedia only accepts one view.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.