Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

It's so weird to think of the Crocodile Hunter as dead. Don't get me wrong, I never thought of him as "invincible" or anything, but it's hard to picture him as did simply because it's hard to think of him as being real. Everything about him seems like a fictional character written by someone who'd only read about Australia. It's like hearing that Cap'n Crunch is dead.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Captain Crunch is DEAD?!

NOOOOO….

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

weird? how can his death be weird. Every time he would go to an animal and say "criky, this is the deadlies X in the world, lemme poke it with a stick" I thought to myself "how is he still alive?". Not that I would wish ill on him, but when you poke deadly animals with sticks one is bound to eventually deadlify you, it happens.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I was honestly expecting gators or snakes to get him. That would have been far more fitting.

Life's ultimate irony. Many people have been killed by dangerous animals, not that many by Stingray. He cheated death so many times, yet it got him in the most unexpected place. A shame, really.

I'll miss that crazy dude. :(

.: Myxomatosis :.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

He brought a lot of excitement to the animal kingdom, and a lot of joy to my children. He inspired a new genre of wildlife documentary and interaction, and though to most he was just a television personality, I'll choose to remember him as a person who both did a lot of good in the world, and inspired others to do the same. He worked hard to bring understanding of animals to us humans.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's so weird to think of the Crocodile Hunter as dead. Don't get me wrong, I never thought of him as "invincible" or anything, but it's hard to picture him as did simply because it's hard to think of him as being real. Everything about him seems like a fictional character written by someone who'd only read about Australia. It's like hearing that Cap'n Crunch is dead.
That's an interesting way to look at it, and I think it's the best so far.

You're right you know… Always wearing khaki shorts, khaki short sleeved shirt, khaki socks, brown leather boots. Blonde and ruddy featured, garrulous to the extreme, friendly and extremely simple…

I suppose he was good with wildlife, but I ALWAYS liked the David Attenborough approach better and he will always be the master to me in that regard.

For someone who never liked the guy I’m posting a lot about him… How embarrassing.

blackaby
blackaby
Posted at

He was conservative? Wow, I never knew… Never payed too much attention to him personally, he was too irritating.

HIGHLY conservative. He pimped Howard wherever he could and whenever he could. So, not exactly MY kinda guy.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Heh, my friends are putting turtle emoticons on their screen name to honour the death of Steve.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I felt bad for Steve's kids when I found out about this. Imagine, they'll never know their dad outside of TV documentaries and pop culture references.

Still, what a way to go, eh? Far better than getting killed by a drunk driver or prostate cancer or something terrible like that. I heard it was instantaneous, too, so it couldn't have been too painful. And there may be more bad-ass-sounding things to put in an obituary than "gored by a stingray", but it's definitely up there. Steve probably would approve.

~IJ

PS: Now that he's gone, though, there's going to be a hole in the public consciousness that will never be filled. What nature show could ever possibly top The Crocodile Hunter? Jeff Corwin Adventures? Buggin' With Ruud?

sandy
sandy
Posted at

He brought a lot of excitement to the animal kingdom, and a lot of joy to my children. He inspired a new genre of wildlife documentary and interaction, and though to most he was just a television personality, I'll choose to remember him as a person who both did a lot of good in the world, and inspired others to do the same. He worked hard to bring understanding of animals to us humans.

I definitely agree Volte Six. This is why I really enjoyed his show too. Especially the one where the rattler slithered between his legs, as he was holding up another snake. Then of course there were his earlier close and counters with some of his most grumpiest crocks. I'm really gonna miss those. Oh yeah, the one about the orangutans was very inspiring also.

Posted at

I love the comments about him where people say: "he died doing what he loved". hehehehe… What a stupid thing to say. :D

Ouch. I said that a few times. :(

I miss him. I thought of him as invicible. You know… someone who could wrestle a crocodile and come out alive. It was just so sudden… *little emo tears*

Posted at

Personally I really looked up to him, because he did all of that to try and teach us that not everything is a monster in the closet waiting to gobble us up (I mean did anyone else notice that all those snakes went AWAY from him instead of trying to attack him, at least until he poked it with a stick.) and he was really brave, you cannot deny that. he always kept me entertained, and while I did think at times "Wow, how are you alive?" but he still just had a way of touching people that didn't even know him, his personality, his antics, everything.
I really miss the guy.

Posted at

I heard it was instantaneous, too, so it couldn't have been too painful.

No, they got him on the boat, but they couldn't recessitate him, I think the poison sent him into cardiac arrest, and then later died.

br4nzilla
br4nzilla
Posted at

The grizzly man was a dork. I think he unintentionally messed with nature. Blech.

Steve-o was probably one of my favorite people ever because he was very constant and always friendly. If he was bitten by a croc, he didn't care. The croc was still a 'beaut' and he insisted that it was his fault. He truly loved animals and did a great job opening peoples' eyes. He acted like a nut without acting like a jackass (god i hate that show.), and people payed attention. X3

I'm going to study zoology soon and I hope to be half as great as he was someday. .. Though I'll probably avoid that particular reef. o__o

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.