Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
amanda
amanda
Posted at

1. Characters
Lia from Salt the Holly would be fun to chibify. She would love it! I can't see her being much use or help aside from running about squealing at the adorableness of everything. Cade, also from StH, would be fun - he'd probably be irritated at his lack of masculinity and join the quest to fix the problem. He'd probably go adventure with Bones - though he'd be disgusted with him, Bones is useful and resourceful. They'd make a good team, most likely.

I wish I could offer help with art, but I don't know how to do chibis =[ They look easy, but they're noooooooooot! *cries*

As far as plot ideas go… I'm not sure, but I'll help out when I have ideas for sure!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

1. Characters
Lia from Salt the Holly would be fun to chibify. She would love it! I can't see her being much use or help aside from running about squealing at the adorableness of everything. Cade, also from StH, would be fun - he'd probably be irritated at his lack of masculinity and join the quest to fix the problem. He'd probably go adventure with Bones - though he'd be disgusted with him, Bones is useful and resourceful. They'd make a good team, most likely.

I wish I could offer help with art, but I don't know how to do chibis =[ They look easy, but they're noooooooooot! *cries*

As far as plot ideas go… I'm not sure, but I'll help out when I have ideas for sure!

yeah! it'd be a change to see em on the same side for once.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I guess the chibi-ness has a way of bringing together unlikely teammates. XD You're right though - it would be kind of odd seeing them work together.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Chibi's ah… Well technically it wouldn't be that hard to chibify Bobby >_>

Pieguy259
Pieguy259
Posted at

- who the main character's gonna be (but can we really have Hark as a character…?)

Why not the Drunk Duck?

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I guess the chibi-ness has a way of bringing together unlikely teammates. XD You're right though - it would be kind of odd seeing them work together.

well i dont necissarily think it'd be odd in a bad way. not like they'd be kissing and holding hands (they wont.) maby they'd all eventually meet up, but these two meet up earlier in the game and are forced to work together to get this shit under control. that'd probably wear on Bones even MORE so i'm all for it!lol. unless maby he's so outa whack about the chibification, he actually tolerates Cade. he'll probablly crack fart jokes and treat him a little more like a friendly acquaintance, which means he'll be a total pig which might wear more on Cade then.hahaha.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Feel free to use me as a villain for the project, I like that idea, it sounds funny!
Even though it means me running the risk of chibification! Argh!

I actually wanted to use you as an antihero-type character… Anyway, there goes!

i'll volnteer my guys! i was just wondering first what kinda tone it's gonna have. is it gonna be the more traditional manga story lines or something else? what kinda flavor do you see this thing havin?

actually…i got some ideas if ya want a co-writer. like i said i dont really have the time to do any art for this, but if i could help out in this way, it'd be cool.
Well, since DD does have a lot of genres of comics, I would prefer it (the comic) to have that same mix too. It's a sort of "what if" thing, so it'll be mostly "what will you do (as the person you are) when faced with this situation?". It can be serious at times, and not so serious at times.

Of course you can help out in that way. Just PQ me details or something.

Posted at

I'm gonna submit myself from "I am." I am fine with being a badguy.

Joey:
Being the biggest pain in the ass on this entire site, Joey (AKA:the 1337 Master, I am the 1337 Master), Joey goes about the site friending and favoriting every comic that has a bit of talent in it. He tries to make everyone feel happy and control his addiction to the site. This kid is kinda easy to tick off if you're an asswipe and a follower and kiss up to the "main people" on this site. He's a guy you love to love but also love to hate.

…that sounds like a stupid bio to a Match.com account…and like I was trying to be funny while writing it…sigh…

I had an idea but I don't know if it helps or if anyone wants to use it. The comic is done by a variety of people using different characters. Each person does a panel of each comic and the characters that are included in the panel are not that person's own characters. The comic is written by either the people that can't draw as well or by Nako since Nako is the head of it all.

That work for anyone? I'll be glad to help in either fashion.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Feel free to use me as a villain for the project, I like that idea, it sounds funny!
Even though it means me running the risk of chibification! Argh!

I actually wanted to use you as an antihero-type character… Anyway, there goes!

i'll volnteer my guys! i was just wondering first what kinda tone it's gonna have. is it gonna be the more traditional manga story lines or something else? what kinda flavor do you see this thing havin?

actually…i got some ideas if ya want a co-writer. like i said i dont really have the time to do any art for this, but if i could help out in this way, it'd be cool.
Well, since DD does have a lot of genres of comics, I would prefer it (the comic) to have that same mix too. It's a sort of "what if" thing, so it'll be mostly "what will you do (as the person you are) when faced with this situation?". It can be serious at times, and not so serious at times.

Of course you can help out in that way. Just PQ me details or something.

allright, well i dont know much about what kinda ideas you have yet so feel free to PQ me too. i dont have anything fluent yet, but i have a few little ideas we mgiht be able to tack on some place.

Posted at

I'll join in. I've never been a fan of chibis much either bit it shouldn't be a too overly demanding project and still fun ^_^

My characters are more anime bases so they can be chibified easier. And can be killed by Pit Face and Harko at will.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

I'll join in. I've never been a fan of chibis much either bit it shouldn't be a too overly demanding project and still fun ^_^

My characters are more anime bases so they can be chibified easier. And can be killed by Pit Face and Harko at will.
lol

Anyway, I'll get to organizing stuff…

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

I will gladly allow the use of my characters, any character you want is yours

Nako
Nako
Posted at

I will gladly allow the use of my characters, any character you want is yours
Woohoo! =^_^=

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Okay…so I got a list of people. Hahaha! =^_^=

People who want to contribute characters (please specify which character/s from which comic (if not specified enough), and also do a bio of sorts with info as to how they'll respond to the chibi thing):
- BlkKnight (Isis)
- I Am The 1337 Master (Joey aka. himself)
- girldirtbiker
- Hunchdebunch (Varin from Quest for Zanvadas)
- mamaya94 (Pink Lady characters)
- PIT_FACE (Bones)
- harkovast (Harkovast aka. himself)
- amanda (Lia and Cade from Salt the Holly)
- *not sure about this…* gullas (Bobby from Bobby the Fetus)
- JustNoPoint
- ERasER

People who want to help with the story:
- PIT_FACE (wants one character to eat a Pokemon, some other possible story stuff)

People who want to do art:
- for now, it's just me, but don't hesitate to tell me if you want to do art

Ideas I have:
- I'll be putting in myself as the cat from Cat and the Comp (I'm not sure about this, as I'm pretty much chibified there as it is…), either that, or I'll be putting in characters from KinTori.
- Characters involved won't know in the beginning who the culprit is and why s/he did it. They'll find out much later.
- Each comic is a separate world (unless 2 or more comics involved are in the same setting, or something.)
- Everything is set in this bizarre universe shaped like Duck and Quail. (Hey, we might turn them into characters as well! =^_^=)

Ugh, my head is still a mess, since I would like this to actually be random.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

sent an email to you and amanda.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Unfortunately, since most of my characters already look somewhat like chibis, I can't include them in this project (and I've barely started on the one comic series that has adult characters). However, I did create an approximation of what a chibi Bones would look like:

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hahaha! aw man elektro!yer gonna make me piss my pants!haha! you up for helpin with any of the art?

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Sure, I can help with some of the art.
Heck yeah!

Cupie dolls FTW!!!

Posted at

I can help with art too.

Pick 1-3 of these characters, I don't want to over crowd so only use however many you think can fit. Too many characters can be a hassle. Though any of my characters can come in just to get killed at any time ^_^

Fenny Baker
http://www.drunkduck.com/Devon_Legacy_Bios/index.php?p=467601
Sally Dean
http://www.drunkduck.com/Devon_Legacy_Bios/index.php?p=469455
Rick Devon
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Devon_Legacy/
^the dude in the orange is Rick I'll chibify (to the best of my abilities)them and make a chibi profile soon.

Nako
Nako
Posted at

I can help with art too.

Yay! =^_^=

Pick 1-3 of these characters, I don't want to over crowd so only use however many you think can fit. Too many characters can be a hassle. Though any of my characters can come in just to get killed at any time ^_^

Fenny Baker
http://www.drunkduck.com/Devon_Legacy_Bios/index.php?p=467601
Sally Dean
http://www.drunkduck.com/Devon_Legacy_Bios/index.php?p=469455
Rick Devon
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Devon_Legacy/
^the dude in the orange is Rick I'll chibify (to the best of my abilities)them and make a chibi profile soon.

I was thinking about the problem of overcrowding, and I think that one way to prevent this somehow is doing the comic episodically and not including all the characters in one "episode". Some characters will be getting together somewhat, but for the most part, I think that they'll be separate.

Hmm, is that okay? =?_?=

Posted at

Yes, just be careful. Episodes can last a long time. It could take months to years before some characters can get involved. Depending on how often the comic can update XD

Nako
Nako
Posted at

Yes, just be careful. Episodes can last a long time. It could take months to years before some characters can get involved. Depending on how often the comic can update XD
I guess. Hahaha! =^_^=

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I'm not sure If the Chibi thing is over, but I wold like to donate my characters. The main two characters are in the world of Fallout 3, the main characters are a Goomba and Mettaur small enough to stand on your shoulder. They are part of the BoS, the Mettaur a technology discovered by the brotherhood, and the Goomba was a experiment conducted.

Story of Goomba: He was cultured from some of the cave fungus in Little Lamplight, and because of this… he is resistant to radiation, and even cleans it up a bit! He was raised as a person though, and because of this is intelligent, and his intelligence has caused him to resist his inherent craving for flesh. Is a bit of an arse, makes rude jokes, peeps (not sure about this one, comic is still in child stage, and I'm the only one working on It), gets drunk occasionally, but deep inside is a good being.

The Mettaur's story: The Mettaur was discovered along with other Mettaurs, a large amount. They were brought to the Citadel, and the BoS wasn't yet sure what to make of them, so they left them in the lab. One self activated, and went along with It's maintenance routine. It logged on to the computer, and while fixing the computer and making sure no files were corrupted, something came up. Once a initiate had died in a freak accident involving the computer, and his MIND went into the computer. He has been wandering the BoS computer files, in all computers all over the Citadel, and doing so acquired much knowledge; BUT when he died he was a young adult, aged 17, so he still has the hormone and rush-head-first thing (still not sure about the part of childishness, once again it is in the early stages). The initiate woke up in the Mettaur, and when they discovered the Mett had fell off the table, and then talked, AND was the dead initiate, they knew something amazing was happening.

Alright, they were teamed up because they were unique and needed a person they could relate to. At first there was hostility, but over the years they have grown a friendship, the kind where you can be rude to each other, it's part of every day. And with the lone wanderer blowing up the behemoth, they were assigned a job. Observe him from a distance. But in a humorous way (need help with this part) they were discovered, and with some clever words from the Goomba (drunk at the time), he became a friend to them. The lone wanderer decided to protect them and carry them along. The Goomba and Mettaur act kind of like the Devil-and-Angel-on-shoulder-thing, they are both good, but sometimes their views on what is good and evil differ, according to what they've seen, their opinions, or if they've been tricked by an evil person. Plus, I got the Mysterious Stranger, well, he isn't really the mysterious stranger, but real close. My avatar image, that's the guy. He drops in to help the lone wanderer from time to time, but is silent. He is the kind of guy that can rip out a drunkards spine at a bar, then continue drinking his beer B) .

Also, It's set in Fallout 3, so you can use any characters from that game. Imagine like, this is the idea. The Chibi ray had hit all of DD, but It was spreading. Not content with Chibi-fying all of DD, the Cruel Harkovast then set his sights on another world, one already in chaos. The videogame world. He aimed the laser at one which was at its weakest with treasures galore. The Mario World. But, the laser cannon thingy malfunctioned. It re-aimed, and fired at the world of Fallout 3. It then exploded, turning Harkovast himself into a chibi.

Just imagine, the world of Fallout 3, chibi-fyed, the reactions of those there. Some real funny ones: Paladin Gunny, Jericho, Sarah Lyons, and other characters that pride themselves on their coolness and seriousness. Also, sorry about this Super-Mutant Behemoth sized post, just thought I'd include all the details. lol!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Oh! I got a rough version of what it will be like when Jericho finds he is a chibi. Ahem!
1st panel: (Lone Wanderer is asleep at his desk, Ludwig is asleep inside a whiskey bottle on the desk, with other empty bottles strewn around)
2nd panel: (Mettaur is asleep inside Moria Browns store)
3rd panel: (Jericho is passed out near the crater, and is waking up)
Jericho: Huh, wuzzat? Whats the F*cking picture doing in the water?
4th panel: (Jericho is looking in the water screaming)
Jericho: AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
5th panel: (Lone wanderer runs down steps with gun ready while asking the local Megaton Resident what is happening, she is running beside him)
LW: What is it? Raiders? Super Mutants? Enclave? Rick Aestly?
LMR: No.
6th panel: (Jericho looks at his hands yelling this)
Jericho: Oh sweet g-d, what the hell happened to me?!?!
(Lady in background)
LMR: Jericho.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.