Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Okay, I know most of you are going to think this is a stupid question, that EVERYONE goes trick or treating. *Well, in Britain and America that I know of.* But while in class today, a girl said that she has never gone trick or treating! And that my teacher, do to belifes, won't let his childern trick or treat.

So, my question is, did you trick or treat when you were younger? Or still do? And do you have a found memory or story while trick or treating?

I trick and treated when I was younger. ^_^ The only thing that stuck out was when I lost my cape while going door to door. ;_; I really liked that cape. ;_;

Posted at

I don't trick or treat. I SCARE!

seriously though, I half bury myself looking like a zombie, then jump out and scare the crap out of little kids only to give them a sucker or some chips.

life is sweet.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

seriously though, I half bury myself looking like a zombie, then jump out and scare the crap out of little kids only to give them a sucker or some chips.

life is sweet.

I somewhat theorized that your tramatized little kids for weeks for that! XD

Please, take this medal of Holloween Honor for rembering the reason of Halloween. TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE.

Posted at

life is sweet.

I somewhat theorized that your tramatized little kids for weeks for that! XD

Please, take this medal of Holloween Honor for rembering the reason of Halloween. TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE.

Posted at

i've gone t&t-ing every year since i was little, up until i was 16. then i dressed up in costume and went to the rena-whatevericantspellit-sance festival and was harassed by every male who saw me because i dressed up like a nurse.

this year if i go, im going as a demon >:D

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I can't even imagine me doing that… :(

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Kyupol: Did you mean T&T, or going to a festival? ;_;

Short_C: I stoped T&T when I was about 13, theres a part of me that still wants the candy… I want the candy so badly. It isn't as fun buying it at the store then going to strangers homes and stealing it from them. ;_;

suzi
suzi
Posted at

I trick-or-treat'd all the time as a kid. I even went around with friends in high school, that was awesome :O

This year I think some friends and I are going to do LARP D&D…in dorm elevators…

Talk about scary…

Posted at

I stoped T&T when I was about 13, theres a part of me that still wants the candy… I want the candy so badly. It isn't as fun buying it at the store then going to strangers homes and stealing it from them. ;_;

No, and it costs so much more D:

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Every year until I was 13. My dad had the most fun with Halloween though. He always took us out and always wore an elaborate creepy mask (usually with a suit and tie). I lived next to a dentist and an old lady. The lady gave out pennies and the dentist gave out toothbrushes and floss. Bummer.

After 13, I sat on the porch with candy (big $1 candy bars!) and one of my pet rats, but we didn't get many kids at our house. There were nearly no children in our neighborhood. That was fine, though. We had the best candy, and I got to keep any that wasn't given away.

Posted at

yah, we usually get leftover candy for the same reason!! oh, sweet candy, how i love thee.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

It differs year to year at my house. One year, we'll have to close early becuase we've ran out of candy 23 minutes in, other years we'll be woundering we're all the little kiddies are.

Posted at

just remember, people got reflexes :)

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I trick and/or treated all through my youth until I was 13. I would have gone longer, but I'm really tall and people assumed I was too old for trick or treating and would hassle me all the time, so it just ended up not being worth the effort. My fondest memory was when I was looking at that dinky little plastic pumpkin I was apparently supposed to fill with candy and realizing I was totally selling myself short. So I immediatly ran upstairs and grabbed one of those pillow-cases to one of those long pillows, and I was damned if was coming home with that thing anything short of full. I had elaborate plans to use a fitted sheet the next year, but my parents had serious apprehensions about my brilliant scheme.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I stopped trick or treating at about 17 or 18, only because this small town I live in is full of sour-pusses who just give you funny looks and make dumb comments if you're older and trick or treating. (So yes, ditto Inkmonkey. People need to lighten up.) Otherwise I would've kept on doing it.

However I still dress up usually…and I do get out on Halloween. Our house is on such an unnoticeable corner that barely any kids show up at our door for candy (one time we only got two people), and so we take our bowl of candy into town to hand out. =P

Hey guys, question…how many of you actually trick or treat ON HALLOWEEN? Because my retarded town does it a little bit before, and I don't know why. (I live in the US, by the way.)

Posted at

I went trick-or-treating ever since I was like 2 and that last time I did it was when I was 17 (year ago).

My first costume was… I don't maybe a power ranger… my last outfit was a 1970's version of a nerd.

====

I'm really sad that I wont be doing it this year, but I wont have the time to do it.

I would love to dress up, though, but I have no idea for a costume. I'll probably just sit in my room and watch movies while people knock on my door asking for candy.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Since we don't really celebrate Halloween around here, I never actually went trick or treating.

We did, however, dress up as the Three Kings about a week after Newyears, and instead of trick or treating we'd sing a song and get candy. So it's kindof the same. I did that for years, up untill my 14th, I think.

Posted at

I've never trick or treated in my life and don't plan to in the future.

but why, fern, why? :(

Posted at

No trick or treating here either, but that's because Sweden isn't big on the whole Halloween thing for anyone over the age of ten, or perhaps twelve.

Also, we do the whole knock-on-strangers'-doors-and-get-candy schtick over Easter, instead. Yeah, we're a bit weird like that - every little kid, girls AND boys, dress up as witches and go around begging for candy. It's kinda cute.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

No trick or treating here either, but that's because Sweden isn't big on the whole Halloween thing for anyone over the age of ten, or perhaps twelve.

Also, we do the whole knock-on-strangers'-doors-and-get-candy schtick over Easter, instead. Yeah, we're a bit weird like that - every little kid, girls AND boys, dress up as witches and go around begging for candy. It's kinda cute.

So you do celebrate Haloween. You just forgot when to celebrate it.

Lemniskate
Lemniskate
Posted at

No trick or treat here in Germany. People take themselves way too serious to do such things. But then aren't ashamed of celebrating carnival in all its grotesquity.

But we're quite well informed about it thanks to all the TV shows from the US.

Posted at

So you do celebrate Haloween. You just forgot when to celebrate it.

It's a bit more complicated than that. :P

See, during Easter, the reason why everyone dresses up as witches - and the reason why we give them candy and stuff to make them "go away" - is because in Swedish folklore, Easter Eve is supposed to be the night when all the witches fly to a place called Blåkulla ("Blue hill" - it's an actual island off the coast not too far from where I live), where they congregate and dance and party and meet the Devil. You know, generally nefarious, witch-y type things.

Halloween is more along the lines of a day of the dead, innit?[/spontaneous Nifty Cultural Differences-lesson] :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.