Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Pixie
Pixie
Posted at

It's not such a big thing in my area of the UK. But last year I happened to be in Americaland… and so I got totally excited about the possibility of it being a big deal. We went out and bought loads of candy, and decorated our porch, and carved pumpkins.

And then no kids came. I ate the candy. I felt like such a loser. And I'm too old to go trick or treating myself.

SADNESS!!! :(

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

It's not such a big thing in my area of the UK. But last year I happened to be in Americaland… and so I got totally excited about the possibility of it being a big deal. We went out and bought loads of candy, and decorated our porch, and carved pumpkins.

And then no kids came. I ate the candy. I felt like such a loser. And I'm too old to go trick or treating myself.

SADNESS!!! :(

At least you got candy, amirite?

It's not a very big deal here, like I said, but I noticed it's getting bigger and bigger every year. One of my best mates celebrates it as a holiday, and partyshops are selling more and more Haloween themed merch. Mostly it's students who throw Haloween/costume parties 'round the 31st so far, but it's gaining popularity. Who knows, maybe in a year or two we'll be getting our first trick or treaters.

Boy…they'll be in for s surprise when they get to this house.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

just remember, people got reflexes :)

I dosen't matter how many times some one does that. NO ONE SUSPECTS THAT THE LIFE SIZED MAN IS REAL. XD Aaahh… The bliss to forget that someones there, just to get your oily hands on some good old candy! X3

Though, that guy looked a little old to be getting candy.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

just remember, people got reflexes :)

I dosen't matter how many times some one does that. NO ONE SUSPECTS THAT THE LIFE SIZED MAN IS REAL. XD Aaahh… The bliss to forget that someones there, just to get your oily hands on some good old candy! X3

Though, that guy looked a little old to be getting candy.

I remember seeing something like that, but it was some guy dressed as a boxer, and put n some arcade type thing, and he'd start boxing whenever someone put a quarter in it. Then a pro-boxer came by and beat him to shits. Maybe this was the same guy…who knows…traumatized and stuff.

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

It never really existed in the UK back in the dim and distant days of my mis-spent childhood. I only knew about it because of Peanuts cartoons and it always seemed a very odd thing to do.

Someone with a better memory than mine will doubtless correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it only started to catch on here in the UK after E.T. became such a huge hit.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

i didn't really trick or treat
because no one ever refused me.
i really just treated

i'm not complaining, just saying.

;_;

Posted at

Can't trick or treat no more. Cuz according to the police BIRTHDAY SUIT isn't an acceptable costume.

Posted at

Can't trick or treat no more. Cuz according to the police BIRTHDAY SUIT isn't an acceptable costume.

really?? DAMN. now i have to go back to the costume shop and get my money back.

Posted at

Also body paint won't work either. Even if it was a clever depiction using certain parts of your body showing the final scene of Scarface…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Also body paint won't work either. Even if it was a clever depiction using certain parts of your body showing the final scene of Scarface…

'Say hello to my little friend!' just got a whole other meaning.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

The worst thing about Holloween is that you have to stock up on candy early.

… And the candy is calling me… Oh God is it ccaallliinnnggg mmmeeeee. ;_;

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

My policy for candy-begging kids was 'One for you, two for me. Now gtfo.'

Nyx
Nyx
Posted at

I'd still be trick or treating if people didn't get pissed off at teenagers for asking for candy. Those older teenage guys with pillowcases and no costumes demanding candy ruined it, probably. It used to be my favorite holiday… D: Probably because I lived in a large neighborhood with all the houses close together. IT WAS MADNESS with the number of kids running around. When I was eight or something and my dad was handing out candy we ran out of everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). After the candy was gone he handed out soda cans, yogurt, and was down to giving out Kraft singles by the time I got back. Where I live now only about 10-15 people or show up, mostly just neighbors. ;_;

I can't remember what my best costume was, but I know I owned at being Pippy Longstocking. <_<…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I'd still be trick or treating if people didn't get pissed off at teenagers for asking for candy. Those older teenage guys with pillowcases and no costumes demanding candy ruined it, probably. It used to be my favorite holiday… D: Probably because I lived in a large neighborhood with all the houses close together. IT WAS MADNESS with the number of kids running around. When I was eight or something and my dad was handing out candy we ran out of everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). After the candy was gone he handed out soda cans, yogurt, and was down to giving out Kraft singles by the time I got back. Where I live now only about 10-15 people or show up, mostly just neighbors. ;_;

I can't remember what my best costume was, but I know I owned at being Pippy Longstocking. <_<…

Heh, Pippy Longstocking.

Slight change of direction perhaps, but best costume you ever had, everyone?

I once went as a fully 'armed' soldier. My sister's bf at the time was an army man, and he got me all kinds of stuff to use, so in the end, with everything on, I'd look like a fullfledged private. Only about 3 feet shorter. It was awesome.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

*Points.* AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FFFFOOOUUNNNDDD MMMMEEEHHH!!! *Runs and hides.*

I remeber that story. >=3 Aaahh, at least your father didn't quit! No, he decided to be a man! Screw closing early! Screw not having candy! Let those brats come! As long as there was food in the fort, he'll never stop handing out the candy!!! NNNEEEVVVEEERRRR!!!!!
But I thought it was American Cheese he was handing out?

I hate when those kids, and parents with babies go trick or treating. I don't even give candy to kids that I think are to old to ge Trick or Treating, for the parents, I sssnnnneeeaaaarrrr. >=( Babehs can't eat candy!

Mommy made all of our costumes. She made some pretty kick ass ones for us, I rember one year, me and my siblings we'er all dressed as pirates, anotherm me and my sister we'er Native Americans, an when I was OLD ENOUGH to go ToT, Mom made me, my sister, and older brother *Number 4 wasn't around yet.* little amry out fits! Aaawww! *Possible pictures later.*
I also remeber her making me a Dorthy costume, and a Princess oringal dress. Not from any movie, no, it was ORINGAL. YYYEEEAAAHHHH!!! I was looking good in DAT dress! >=3
But most kick ass, would be the one costume she made for my older brother, and full Zorro costume, it was ssswwweeeettt!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

My policy for candy-begging kids was 'One for you, two for me. Now gtfo.'

Screw it, I'll get mom to buy some more. *Eats the candy.*

Forget to shave Rut?

Nyx
Nyx
Posted at

You'd have to pay me to put up the Pippy Longstocking picture. (Milkyways kplzthx) :D Hmmm… maybe that was my best costume too. >_< My memory sucks right now.

Cheap discount candy after the holidays. Heck yes.

Nyx
Nyx
Posted at

Lazy quoting time.

*Points.* AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! SHE FFFFOOOUUNNNDDD MMMMEEEHHH!!! *Runs and hides.*

YES I DID.

But I thought it was American Cheese he was handing out?

Not just american cheese, American Cheese! Actually I think Kraft singles are the same thing. D:

I don't even give candy to kids that I think are to old to ge Trick or Treating…

Even if they're in costume and not being total jackasses? ;_;

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Pish, were are you getting your candy?! All the candy around here won't even see a discount tag until Nov.ish. @_@

… I figured out who your Daddy is! AHAHAHAHAAA!!! Thought that you could hide it forever?! >=3 Love of guittars, old music, AMERICAN CHEESE!?!?! Your father is none other ttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn-

Alice Cooper. >=3 BAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Oh! You thought it could be hidden!?!? That I'll never figure it out!?!? Why, you clearly don't know Crazyninny as well as you think!

Some one has to lay the line down, I'll only pass them if they have cute little kids near them.

Liaoriao
Liaoriao
Posted at

WHEE! Trick or treating is near to the most awesomest thing ever, next to begging pocky from people at recon…

Last year I went as Marluxia, pink hair and everything, along with a few other guys from school. We were Orgy.V and Yuna… Reject Yuna! But yeah, there was a Marluxia, Demyx, Xaldin, Xigbar and Lexaeus, surprisingly no Axel, much to one households dismay. To quote:

Oh wow you all look so nice, but why isn't there an Axel? Don't you know how brill he is? Ugh!
;_;

This year I'm planning as Trick or Treating as Itsuki from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. We have a full SOS Brigade, as well as Tsuruya and Kyons sister! It will be megas awesome to go up to peoples houses, hit the stereo and Hare Hare Yukai them to death… Hell, just doing Hare Hare Yukai to complete strangers is better than any sweet sweet candy… Which brings me to an important question…

What do you do if you are told 'Trick'? Normally I say 'close your eyes and count to ten…' and run away… Anyone more original than that?

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

What do you do if you are told 'Trick'? Normally I say 'close your eyes and count to ten…' and run away… Anyone more original than that?

PICK POCKET THEM.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Lucky Star dance insted of Hare Hare Yukai.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.