Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

yes it does i try and not even mess with the forums but as you can see im a thread junky…..lol
and Fal you look like you want to kick someones ass in your new avart.nice.

Will
Will
Posted at

the duck stole my time AND my wallet!

he's number 3! arrest him! DEATH PENALTY!

for christ sake YES! that little quail thing WAS his accomplace!

i cant resist them!!! aaarrrggghhh!!! noooo!!!!

*reads more comics*

MetalLuigi
MetalLuigi
Posted at

The duck itself doesn't take up a lot of my time because I like to make comics more than read them. But I'm trying to get more involved by reading other people's comics and commenting whenever I get the chance.

I still make time for Futurama every night though. The duck hasn't taken me over completely.

Vindibudd
Vindibudd
Posted at

The problem is that it doesn't get ENOUGH of my time. If I updated Vindibudd consistently since I had put it online in 2000 I would probably be making a living doing it right now. And there would probably be a movie. Yeah, definitely.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Unfortunately, DD's forums do steal my time… especially since I could be drawing more comics. Still, these forums are very friendly… at least until they grow so large that suddenly I'm finding myself being urged to "leave" for one reason or another… O_O

Memmy
Memmy
Posted at

DD is my way of wasting amount of time when it should be used for doing nothing. lol!

OutofLine
OutofLine
Posted at

It does - I spend too much time hanging around the forums and not enough time drawing comics! lol!

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

I only just started checking forums because I tagged my comic pages with little blurbs, and apparently I blurbed something my company firewall doesn't like… Now I can't access my own comic from work–so I come here and see what all you guys are up to. Oh yeah, I also create horrible forum topics that end up getting people into flame wars–and oh yeah, sometimes I say really stupid things for which I'm terribly sorry later…and gahhhh! Get me out of here!!!! :dizzy:

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

It steals some of my time but I consider it very valuable experience. I say that because I've never really been a part of an artists community before, so what you all have to say is very interesting to me. I have learned about myself as an artist by being around other artists and getting to know some of you.

It's not stealing if it turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

Did I mention I'm a ridiculously optimistic person? 8D

Puff
Puff
Posted at

Not until about 3 days ago. I used to just update my comic, and check for comments occasionaly. But now I've been injecting the "Wth" and "Comic Discussion" threads directly into my veins. But, eh, what else do I have to do? Get a tan? A likely event…

I like what DueEast said about the art community. The few days I've been on the forums, I've really enjoyed it! You're all way too nice and funny. Plus, I've found a lot of comics I never would have ended up seeing without browing the forums. I even made a new friend! :3

I feel like a corny after-school special. ._.

ketenol
ketenol
Posted at

It would do if it werent for the fact i would have wasted the time it takes away anyway.

Posted at

I SHOULD be studying… But DD's cooler, so I guess I have no choice but to let Drunk Duck steal my time :D

blntmaker
blntmaker
Posted at

Oh that's time I will NEVER get back!

I think it's worse when you think going into a forum, you'll have a cordial conversation about something - but in every forum, there's one or two people who cannot wait to pounce on someone and make 'em feel like $.10 - for NO REASON.

Just hostile. It kinda sucks the energy out of wanting to participate.

I'm sure more people would if it wasn't such a sterile environment.

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

Yes. I spend to mush time chatting bull on here. I really might as well make a page or do some work?

Hell who am i kidding, your suck with me.

telruya
telruya
Posted at

Yeah dd does steal time and I know this for a fact because space hasn't stopped crying…
I think they a thing going.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

But now I've been injecting the "Wth" and "Comic Discussion" threads directly into my veins.

You can't blame yourself. The WTH Forum is just four kinds of awesome.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Plus, YOU'RE always there, C'thulu. And you're responsible for 2 of those 4 kinds of awesome.

Another compliment?! I normally get only one a week!

*Dances*

Hey… Why is it only the girls who compliment me….

FAL
FAL
Posted at

Crap! I just realized I spent 2 hours staring at the forums to see if some cool thread would come up… now I have to go to sleep…

Fitz
Fitz
Posted at

It's addictive! I sometimes end up reading 10 comics simultaneously - like right now. Eep! As for the forums, I'm not hyperactive (well, apart for the Post your photo thread, heh heh) - but it's where I find all the comics: through HELWID, banners or interesting avatars. I'm like: "oooooooh, look at all the shiny coooolooooors! CLICK!" - and voila, someone just got themselves a new reader :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.