Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Dont be like me!

atomiceric
atomiceric
Posted at

Dont use Yahoo! Webhosting! When I decided I wanted to start a website, it seemed to my untrained eye that they were the way to go. I was so wrong. They are such a bad webhost, that, when my privets got eatin off by a dog and most of my family died, Yahoo! webhosting still found a way to be depressing. Dont be like me! The only thing worse than Yahoo! webhosting is racists. Trust me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Why are they so bad then????? Give some reasons other than just generally "bad" and being depressing after this comical, yet imaginary series of unfortunate events befell you.

I've had some experience with them that wasn't too good, two of the worst were: faulty add code being inserted in all my pages that caused error popups in my sites when viewed in IE browsers, and a limit put on bandwidth so that if the tiny 1 meg videos I had on there were viewed 3 times in a day then the whole site would shut down for the rest of the day… (or something like that)

Maybe they're better now, I dunno. WHat did they do to you?

pshumate
pshumate
Posted at

I used Yahoo! webhosting about five or so years ago, and they really underperformed for the money. I wanted PHP/MySQL and cgi ability, and they offered none of those. They did offer an "excellent alternative" (I can't remember the scripting language now, but it started with M), but none of the pre-made comic archiving (Autokeen Lite, PHP Walrus, ATP Autosite) or forum scripts (phpBB ) I was comfortable with used that language. I'd be willing to bet they've at least added php/MySQL access, but I don't know if they'd offer a service at a competitive price.

Posted at

Yahoo! webhosting gave me ultra-syphilis.

Posted at

Yahoo! webhosting melted the polar icecaps and flooded the earth

glenoneill
glenoneill
Posted at

Yahoo! Webhosting raped my dog.. and killed my mother.

Posted at

They also sent alluring, sexual innuendo emails to my nephew who's a Page in Congress.

Posted at

Yahoo! webhosting gave small pox blankets to the proud myan people.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.