Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I've looked around a bit and can't find what I'm looking for, so I'm just going to ask:

Is there some kind of timeline or description of what steps occur in the process? I'd hate to say something wrong in a newspost etc.

I know the last day of voting is the 31st, but what happens after that point? It doesn't seem like it's a straight-up 'most votes wins' thing if we're having panelists and judges- if so approximately how long have they got; is there more voting after that; etc?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Skool, the timeline:
Voting: July 24-31
Judges/Panelists will have from Aug 3-21 to determine a final winner.
Presenters will have from August 3-21 to finish their presentation comics.
Presentations go live in batches starting Sept 1.

jakegnu
jakegnu
Posted at

When we vote do we type in the comic's title or the url's?

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

When we vote do we type in the comic's title or the url's?
I don't think so, I am pretty sure we just put the titles.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

I was wondering, after the voting is done does each category get narrowed down to the top 5 or something?

Posted at

There are so many categories. I had no idea how to figure out which one should get which. I ended up making 20something votes and I still had plenty of different options.

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Just a suggestion, I know it's totally last minute, but I think that the rules and stuff should be posted/linked somewhere on the voting site so people that haven't been following the forum threads can see them. I just got done arguing with someone that it's bad form to vote for yourself and had to hunt down the mentioning of it in the DD awards discussions that there's a standing rule against it, so posting them where people who'll be voting can see it might be a good idea…that and eligibility rules too so youse don't end up with a bunch of people's ineligible favorites piling up in there too.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Question, do we need to fill out every category when voting? I'm assuming not, but I'd rather know for certain.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Question, do we need to fill out every category when voting? I'm assuming not, but I'd rather know for certain.

I think it was mentioned on page 1 of this thread that you can leave spaces blank. :)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Some people are having trouble with that I know, particularly with the best sprite comic. Can people still vote for IRONSPRITE in that category, even though it's now deleted?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

You can definitely leave categories blank - the only required field is the user name field (for obvious reasons, haha).

Also, the comics need to be current and functioning… and they should exist ^.^ So tragically, Ironsprite will not be eligible for the awards.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I'm sorry to hear that but I bow to your judgement. :(

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who's supported me and I hope you won't be to disappointed: hopefully you can vote for Son Of Ironsprite in twelve months time. :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Just as a heads up - the call for presenters is currently closed. We do, however, need more panelists. Bring it on!

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

VOTE LEFARCE AND YOU TOO CAN SURF WITH BIKINI BABES YOU FATTY

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I hear a whole lot of talking and not enough voting for Lefarce, amanda.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

but you promised 2 bikini babes!

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

but you promised 2 bikini babes!

you'll get what I give you and you will enjoy it

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

just vote kfk for action scenes and best dialogue and best romance and best tense scenes and best political neo noir and best western and best autobiographical and best humor and best sex scenes and best cocks and best poop and bes fedhgberjhbfjkwsfeijgerbh

and were good.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

bes fedhgberjhbfjkwsfeijgerbh
Man, I can't believe I forgot to add that category this year! Nuts.

sufer009
sufer009
Posted at

Man, I can't believe I forgot to add that category this year! Nuts.
I wouldnt woory too much about it…I dont think theres that many comics in that category anyways…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.