Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I was thinkin'… for judging? Maybe we should have a "best of" set of awards and then overall winners.

Like Best Hair, Best Fashion Design, Best Poses, Best Swimsuit, Best Formal, Best Talent, as many as we can come up with so that there can be lots of winners! Or if we wanna be nice we could come up with an award for each character, so no one feels hurt by winning nothing.

*all about the "everyone gets an A for effort!" thing*

Um… how about "Best at Blowing Stuff Up"? :)

or something like that…

Posted at

You know, for a laugh I'm going to put some of my characters into here ^_^

Female: Since I have only one character, I'm going to put up Asri

Male: I was thinking of putting Gunta, one of my main characters (I havn't introduced my other characters yet. I really need to scan my page in :)) but just for a major laugh, I'm going to put Asareth in for my male character. If you don't know, he's a black mage style character.

I honestly can't believe I'm doing this XD

Posted at

Considerin' in high school I was a bona fide "Miss Congeniality"—yep, Ethan got him one of the only comic geek beauty queens in the 'Verse, we are totally in…

Princess will be representing, Marital Bliss??? in the female portion of the pageant and Max will be entering the male competition. We think this is a "fun" project and we are excited to be a part of it!

(Funnily enough, I don't often admit to the pageant thing, but when Ethan saw this thread he 'kinda made me, see the one time I did win for Miss Congeniality, he was there (we were like, 17.) I was so mad I didn't make the finals (I weren't no rich girl, I had to work my tail off just for the opportunity.) Anyway, I didn't make the finals, but won for "nicest" and here's a little secret…(I hate almost everybody.) So, I'm comin' off the stage and Ethan and my parents are there and they are all excited 'cause I won this huge trophy, my response was (Bleeping, bleeps, I hope they all die…Oh, yeah, I deserved it.) (I'm a lot more friendly in my old age.)

Posted at

I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP CANDY AS MY GIRL AND KIDD AS MY GUY…..(FROM MY COMIC DOME BUSTA)

rahonzo
rahonzo
Posted at

i want to enter!
male: rooster (he has not apeared yet is that okay?)
female: kay

Conned
Conned
Posted at

Oooh!
I'd like to enter Herb as my Male and Julia as my female :D

Posted at

I'm entering Ben Franklin to win the male contest and place second in the female one… he's just that good.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I don't really have any strong male characters, but I'll sign up Alexis from Life on the Fringe for the female catagory. That's right. Me. It's a reality comic. I'm that guy who enters themself.

The Author
The Author
Posted at

Please sign The Author up to the male section…

Heh… Alot of people are gonna go blind looking at my swim suit picture… BWHAHAH!

The Author
The Author
Posted at

I've drawn two of my catagory entries already… Where can I post them?

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

There's nowhere to post them at the moment. I'll let you know what to do with them when it's all ready.

The Author
The Author
Posted at

There's nowhere to post them at the moment. I'll let you know what to do with them when it's all ready.

Okie dokie…
Gives me time to draw the 'talent' picture.

No_Parking
No_Parking
Posted at

I'd like to sign up Amanda Sommers as my female contestant and Pax Rabbit as my male (non of the other male characters wanted to do it, and God knows I tried to talk them into it).

J.

No Parking Web Comic

Posted at

it says that you're accepting submissions until the 14th, but what's the due-date for the pictures themselves?
or will we decide that after the 14th?

emjee
emjee
Posted at

I am signing up my character Emma! I always wanted to draw her in swim wear, I don't know why…

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

There'll be one week for each category, so the first will be due on the 21st.

theorah
theorah
Posted at

sounds like fun! I'd like to enter one of my male characters, Indie, and one of my female characters, Clarissa, both from 'Am I still Here' into the contest! =D This will be fun to draw!

Posted at

Okay let me get this straight…We had until the 14th to sign up and the first drawings are due on the 21st. (And they will be turned in in groups.) Like first all swimsuit, then talent, then evening gown? Is this correct, sir? (Please apply Ed McMahon voice.)

Posted at

There was also mention about a possible comic collaboration after it's all over…What about a one-shot called Pageantry or just The Pageant. Where all the characters (finalist) try to sabotage eachother. Could be funny.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

If anyone wants to work together on some kind of collaborative work based on the contest, that'd be cool, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough time to properly contribute. I'd help all I could with anyone who wants to try for it, though.

Anyway, basically once the contest starts, all particicpants will be told what part of the pageant we're at out of the three categories. They'll then have a whole week to create whatever it is they want to enter into the contest. At the end of the week all the finished work will be posted in the order it was recieved, all (hopefully) in one day, the participants will be told which category is next, and are given another week.

Of course, I've already listed what the three categories are going to be (Formal, swimwear, talent competition), so if anyone gets going early they're just as well off…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.