Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

how much would Drunk Duck cost to buy? Because it just so happens I am planning on making millions of dollars when I am older.

Posted at

how much would Drunk Duck cost to buy? Because it just so happens I am planning on making millions of dollars when I am older.
We all plan to make millions of dollars when we get older lol!

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Hey Platinum, it is my personal belief that the way you currently are, is not the ideal way for a person or company to be.

mr_thin
mr_thin
Posted at

I heard a rumor that Drunk Duck may cause headaches, nausea, impotence, and vaginal discharge.

That guy at the convention was just trying to do everyone a favor. You've all been warned!!!

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I heard a rumor that Drunk Duck may cause headaches, nausea, impotence, and vaginal discharge.

That guy at the convention was just trying to do everyone a favor. You've all been warned!!!

Not recommended for women who are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant.

Warning: Contains nuts.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Warning: Contains nuts.

Well, you're right on this point. *elektro says while forcing a dingo to eat a neighborhood kid while performing the macarena in public…in 2009*

Posted at

no but see here's the thing, I'm actually going to make millions. I'll just sit around, work in McDonalds for a bit and then become a movie star. You'll see, I'll make millions. Millions.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

no but see here's the thing, I'm actually going to make millions. I'll just sit around, work in McDonalds for a bit and then become a movie star. You'll see, I'll make millions. Millions.

So, basically, the Kevin Smith plan?

*likes Kevin Smith movies, for the record*

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

So I was at the Baltimore Comic-Con today and a press guy stopped at my table for Last Call and noticed my website had "Drunk Duck" in the URL. He started freaking out and saying I should leave Drunk Duck as soon as I could, that it was a bad place to host my webcomic.

Well, if you want to host you're comic on drunk duck, but don't wanna have the drunkduck.com in your url, you could just spend 6-8 dollars and buy a domain name and then have the domain name direct itself to your site on DD.

Of course this is a sneaky practice, but still. A lot of people can't afford to host their own site, or just don't wanna maintain it. So DD is good in that regard. But I would recommend everyone get their own domain and direct it here if they plan on doing cons and stuff.

More people would probably be likely to visit your site if it were something like www.lastcall.com rather than typing in DrunkDuck.com/YouR_Comic_ETC. People on the internet are lazy, and the less they have to remember and type, the better. :)

That's just my 2 cents.

Posted at

I'm hoping for 50k yearly myself. But the upcomming inflation will make 50k nothing p.p

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

. A lot of people can't afford to host their own site, or just don't wanna maintain it. So DD is good in that regard. But I would recommend everyone get their own domain and direct it here if they plan on doing cons and stuff.

I totally agree; I love DD for the ease of its hosting & maintenance. I just bought a domain name a couple days ago–not because I'm ashamed of DD (quite the opposite), but I figured it would be easier to remember for people. (lastcallcomic.com, by the way) ;)

benjin
benjin
Posted at

Having a domain for your own comic is fine. On the other hand, who will find your comic out in the big multicolored, multilingual, multiculture mixture called internet?
DD is a comic community. People come here to read one or two comics and stumble over others, including yours and mine. Without this community I would not even have those 10 visitors a day I currently have ;)

DD looks very old-fashioned, no new functions in 3 years. But performance is acceptable. (I tried out several other comic portals. They need a minute to load a single page)
I like DD. I don't case who's behind it as long as I have nothing to do with them.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Regardless of all the complaints that can be thrown against DD and Plat, the fact remains that the site generally works as it is supposed to and noone is getting fucked over.

I'd really not concern myself with that guy's complaints if I was you. DD gets the job done, which is plenty for people who don't have the time, energy, and patience to build a site and pay for advertising.

mamaya94
mamaya94
Posted at

Yeah…
Drunk duck is the best site for comic community in america &other world.
I personally think Naver the Korean Portal site more comfotable because I've used it for more than 2years and it have regular tech updates.I really hope a portal site buy DD and make things way better.
But still,Drunk Duck is the best because this is the easiest and fastest english comic website by far.Other place is so hard to update and no one really comment it.I feel so lucky I met this site

Posted at

Ehh, I really never really cared what the reputation of Drunk Duck was. Then again, spriters tended to be rather neutral in all of it anyway because we were off dealing with other drama. For a while the only reason I ever wanted to leave because of the multitude of irritatingly intrusive ads, but I discovered adblockers and got over it.

The only reason I ever "left" is because I had a chance to get onto a bit more exclusive (and in the realm of sprite comics, much more popular) website elsewhere =P

Posted at

Ehh, I really never really cared what the reputation of Drunk Duck was. Then again, spriters tended to be rather neutral in all of it anyway because we were off dealing with other drama. For a while the only reason I ever wanted to leave because of the multitude of irritatingly intrusive ads, but I discovered adblockers and got over it.

The only reason I ever "left" is because I had a chance to get onto a bit more exclusive (and in the realm of sprite comics, much more popular) website elsewhere =P

so are you saying that you don't give a damn 'bout your bad reputation because we're living in the past it's a new generation?

Posted at

…how the hell do you get all that from what was basically a long-winded version of "I never noticed/cared because my attention was elsewhere"?

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

LowResAtari, since he's quoting a Joan Jett song, I don't think worldwillshout intended anything insulting! :)

sakebento
sakebento
Posted at

I…know nothing of DD's reputation. O_o I was a keenspace-r back in the day when it was still keenspace, and that was a real pain. One of the less convenient things in my life. I joined DD because I have some friends here who all seem healthy and happy with the service. So far, I'm liking it. Plus it gives me much more exposure than I get just keeping a comic on my own domain.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I…know nothing of DD's reputation. O_o I was a keenspace-r back in the day when it was still keenspace, and that was a real pain. One of the less convenient things in my life.

Amen to that. The first time I was looking for a place to host Last Call, I tried keenspace/comic genesis–bad idea. The forum dwellers were rude and leetist, I had to fill out a form just to get a webspace (which I never received), and they offered absolutely NO coding/html help. I wasn't getting anywhere with them. Then I found DD, and I am so glad I did. :)

Posted at

…how the hell do you get all that from what was basically a long-winded version of "I never noticed/cared because my attention was elsewhere"?

Apparently you don't love rock n roll. :nervous:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.