Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Yay, two pages late for the thread…

Anyway, it's the same way how some people say they'll never make any comics for Image (even though Image has one of the better deals when it comes to the creators keeping the rights to their work) because at some level Todd McFarlane is involved and they hate him.

I could do more examples, but I just woke up and my brain's still asleep.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Anyone notice the bug yesterday? I guess that shows how much Platinum seems to care.
Plat took care of it fast. Rapid-fire series of e-mails… shoulda seen em. O_O

Posted at

Hey, can't I be an inconsiderate jerk for more than 2 posts?

:P

I haven't had any problems with PP but apparantly as its been said before their reputation is terrible. I realize they can't just go and put a ban aid on it and have it all better. I hope some other people who blame them for it all of it release their unjust blames…did that made sense? Sometimes I don't even know…

KDog
KDog
Posted at

Related question-

How long do we think Platinum is going to keep paying for Drunk Duck's upkeep? With the way they have kind of ignored the site, I have this ominous feeling that DD is not long for this world and will go the way of Geocities in a few years. I hope to hell not, but it doesn't look promising to me.

Posted at

I feel pretty certain they're committed to maintaining it for a while yet. However I think the key will be that DD will need to make up its own cost of upkeep sooner or later. The site is fairly expensive to run and from a business standpoint it isn't 'worth' what they're spending. I think the ads are what is keeping the place afloat now.

That said, Plat is aware they've been neglecting the site, that membership has dropped and that admins have been leaving. They're just in a financial bind. They are actually working on something they think will help and will hopefully be released soon.

KDog
KDog
Posted at

Cool, I look forward to whatever it is! *SUSPENSE*

davechua
davechua
Posted at

All this talk about Platinum and Hero by Night reminds me of DC/Warner and Spiegel/Shuster.

Guess creators have gotten screwed as long as comics have been around.

Posted at

I feel pretty certain they're committed to maintaining it for a while yet. However I think the key will be that DD will need to make up its own cost of upkeep sooner or later. The site is fairly expensive to run and from a business standpoint it isn't 'worth' what they're spending. I think the ads are what is keeping the place afloat now.

That said, Plat is aware they've been neglecting the site, that membership has dropped and that admins have been leaving. They're just in a financial bind. They are actually working on something they think will help and will hopefully be released soon.

Yeah, I just cant wait until I have to pay for certain perks.

you know it to be true

mattboy115
mattboy115
Posted at

I like Drunk Duck, but I hate Platinum. I wish someone with some money and business sense would buy DD from Platinum already. I'd hate to see this site fade away due to a company with piss-poor management skills.

I think if that were to happen there is the slim chance it could go to somebody who would start charging people to host on the site.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I guess I should mention that I stepped down from my Admin position (as of November). Mostly because I'm not around much anymore, but I did have a lot of honest criticism to give PS regarding the Duck when I left and I hope they take it to heart.

Platinum Studios is not the enemy. They are just a company that was a product of poor management and communication. They lost a lot of good and talented people in the process, not just DJ.

However, the few people that are left are committed to try and get in the black again. I've been a part of a few conversations with PS and they are trying to steer more attention towards a great product like DD. Problem now is that they are like 9 people doing the work of what once was like 30.

But I do have to say that when PS was making money, they did their best to promote DD. They spent a FORTUNE on Wizard World conventions alone. That said, Drunk Duck is probably the best asset they have right now. They'd be pretty crazy to sell it or let it die.

I will also say this. Webcomics do not get the reverence that printed work gets and they probably never will; especially to people at a comic convention. It's the nature of the beast, because although there are many great webcomics out there, the shit comics outweigh the good by a staggering amount. Even if you have a good comic, don't expect to get anywhere unless you promote the crap out of it. Drunk Duck (Platinum Studios) does not restrict you to exclusivity to this hosting site, like others. Take advantage of that. Get your own name out there.

ksteak
ksteak
Posted at

You haven't stepped down 'til your name has been removed from the bottom of the forum.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Well, Ronson and volte6 are also there, and they haven't been around for years. :)

You can think of me as an admin if it makes you feel better, but I no longer have any Admin power.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

He had mod power still for a while, but somehow he seems to have removed that…?
Sneaky bugger. :)

Volte6 IS still an Admin… Sort off. Just because he's the godfather of the place and in case we really, really need him.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I didn't remove anything. skool did it on her own and emailed me about it.

Posted at

Yeah, I thought the green thing under his name would be misleading. You might have told me you left it on, but I forgot :]

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

you shouldve just punched that guy in the dick

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.