Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Alright. We are the members that make up the community, that is Drunkduck.

First off, let me say that us members, are probably the most diverse webcomic community around.

There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, this is true.
ANYWAY. I was checking out the Smackjeeves site, because I was considering hosting the newer version of my comic on there.

But seriously. In all honesty…we have an overall better site.
Theirs is flooded with *no offense to anybody ^_^;* Yaoi and Sprite comics.

While we have our share of ours, we have a more diverse comic selection.
((Attention: I am about to link to a few different comics, which fits the topic I am talking about. If you do not want your comic up here, if I have put it up here, just ask me, and I will take it down))

We have black and white, (Engine, Guts)
Both of which are beautifully and amazingly drawn.

We have beautifully colored ones, (Metal Breakdown, Pinky TA)
I believe both of which, speak for themselves.

Not to mention all of the other diverse and amazing comics. Such as…Villian Next Door, and Putrid Meat

The forum is also active, and lets the members communicate with each other. If we have something to say, if one needs help on our favorite hobby (Drawing comics ^^), or even just to talk about life in general. We can do that. We don't discriminate against anybody.

Drunkduck is definitely something I take for granted. I come on here everyday (And even a few times at school XD), and I didn't realize until the server move was occurring how much I love this site. Heck, I visit it more than any other site I know.

Drunkduck gives us the ability to express our feelings through webcomics. Through communicating with one another, all of us webcomic artist/readers. Some of us are writers, some of us artists, and some of us, readers.
We all have different jobs, and ages, but yet we all come together for a common reason. To express our love of comics.

While the Duck still has a few flaws here and there, you have to admit, we are definitely one of THE best webcomic hosting sites out there, if not, the best.
We get to upload our comic pages for free, no cost for us whatsoever.

Think about it, without the Duck, most of you (Including me), would be lost. Don't even say you would get hosting, because while some of you might, it's confusing, expensive, and time consuming.

Why am I typing this up, you ask?
I feel the need to express my love towards my favorite comic website, Drunkduck.
People should feel the love as well.

So. I believe this discussion is about to start.
If you want to express your love for the Duck as well, might as well do it here!
FOR THE DUCK!

Posted at

While the Duck still has a few flaws here and there, you have to admit, we are definitely one of THE best webcomic hosting sites out there

WOOT! hell yea

darko4ever
darko4ever
Posted at

I love the duck of drunk because it's not blocked from my school.

Not only that the community here is better then a world wide orphanage, such diversity in all the characters. I have only been active for a short while but already the love of comics and making them has created some very unique characters. Heck they should make a comic about the Drunkduck community
*note if there is one please post a link*

Posted at

Not a bad little speech there, Ryu. :)

It's a good point. I may get riled up at Platinum and the site sometimes, but damn it, this community is wonderful, and the site really has about as much stability as any of the free webcomic hosting sites out there.

I really think you said it better than even I could. I spend a lot of time here, and this is one of the very few forums I have ever been active in and stuck around. I've had great times here and I've met great people here.

Yeah, I'm damn happy for DD.

Will there be cake in this thread?

Heck they should make a comic about the Drunkduck community
*note if there is one please post a link*

A comic about the community? By the community? Sounds like a delicious idea….

Posted at

Not a bad little speech there, Ryu. :)

Why thank you, good sir!

Of course! It is the Drunkduck appreciation topic afterall!

Posted at

This place is better than that other place. Even thumbnails work now!

Of course! It is the Drunkduck appreciation topic afterall

Can we get Lemon Drizzle?

Posted at

Hahaha. We'll have every kind of cake known to man!

I didn't even mention how easy and amazing the uploading a page process is! All you have to do is set the date you want it to upload, page name, the file, and some information about it!

GO DRUNKDUCK!

Posted at

Cake is almost ready!

*spolps cherries and nougat and love on top*

Here you go, DrunkDuck! I wuv you *THIIIIS* much!!!

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

We will have drizzle for shizzle!

… I'm sorry. I'll go back into my cave now.

But yeah, DD is definitely up there for its community, which is the one thing that's the most difficult to build in ANY web site.

Posted at

the cake is a lie

NooooOOOOOOOOooooo! Not the cake too?

I'm gonna eat it anyway. They already killed me with the cola.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I love the duck of drunk because it's not blocked from my school.

Lucky! It's blocked at mine. Of course, I also can't look up the lyrics to Happiness is a Warm Gun because it refers to weapons. Stupid Bess.

On topic, I love drunkduck. It really is a neat place with great people for the most people. There's always been a few bugs since I got here, but they never bothered me too much(except for when I couldn't log in and kept getting that error message multiple times at the top of my screen) because it's still awesome here. I was really struck by how great the community is when I first looked at Druckduck. It's so much nicer and closer than any of the other places I had seen.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

and Sprite comics.
I take offense to this. Sprite comics can be really nice if they are done correctly (check out Kid Radd: http://home.att.net/~miller.daniel.r/comic1frame.htm#title for further proof).

Problem is that few people have managed to do them correctly.

But yeah whoo drunk duck. As a new member I haven't seen much reason to complain (other than the weird glitches).

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

and Sprite comics.
I take offense to this. Sprite comics can be really nice if they are done correctly […]
I don't think Ryu meant to insult sprite comics here. (Although some do, from time to time!) His point was that Smack Jeeves has far less variety than Drunk Duck and, in that respect, he's quite right. The variety at DD is excellent.

And the community here is second to none!

(I missed out on the cake, then, yeah?)
:(

Posted at

You live to face afternoon tea another day DAJB. If you can survive elevenses!
This place is a minefield.

Now, a song I think, with apologies to Cole Porter:

I get no kick from some sites,
I'm sure that if, I sent even one gif,
They would bore me and basically suck,
Yeah… I get a quack, from The Duck.

Posted at

and Sprite comics.
I take offense to this. Sprite comics can be really nice if they are done correctly […]
I don't think Ryu meant to insult sprite comics here. (Although some do, from time to time!) His point was that Smack Jeeves has far less variety than Drunk Duck and, in that respect, he's quite right. The variety at DD is excellent.

Well, I didn't mean to offend you ^^;, the point I was getting at, is that most of the sprite comics there are ALL about sonic/megaman. At least our sprite comics have some variety, and some originality.

I saw some VERY nice photoshopping work done with sprites, here at the Duck.
There was a specific one…I forgot the name though.

Posted at

*realizes that thumbnails and tutorials are working again and drags in a big plate of cookies to replace the cake (Sort of in apology for whining about those things the other day)*

This really is the best comic-site I've found yet. In a lot of different ways. And now it seems like they're actually working on it some too. Very cool.

Posted at

Cookies and cake? Ah, now I'm in heaven.

Hey, DAJB, we can split this cake I found in the fridge. It looks to be…coconuty, with a lemon icing, and some cherries. Or something like that. Either way, it looks like there's just enough left for two!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I like this place because it's full of talented people who are nice to me. Lol. Where were you guys when I was in high school?

Anyway, I'm glad I went looking for a host outside of PhotoBucket. I nearly didn't because I fear people judging me and find comfort in obscurity. Two years ago, I'd never dream that I would enjoy posting in any forum. Definitely a testament to this community.

Posted at

I like this place because it's full of talented people who are nice to me. Lol. Where were you guys when I was in high school?

I believe I was too young to draw at all.
I might've been a spriter at that time.
Yes. I used to sprite.
omg.

Posted at

Drunk + Drunk = <3

and Sprite comics.
I take offense to this. Sprite comics can be really nice if they are done correctly (check out Kid Radd: http://home.att.net/~miller.daniel.r/comic1frame.htm#title for further proof).
Y'know, due to the theme of this thread I'm going to repress my urges to controdict you until another time.

ttyler
ttyler
Posted at

I love the Duck. Just wish I had more time to devote to it.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Thank you Drunk Duck,

for not crashing today.

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

Duck rules!… Now seriously, This is one heck of a great place to hang out and to see other stuff and improve your skills… or simply having fun doing your thing.

A hug for the duck :)

Rodwy
Rodwy
Posted at

Thank you DrunkDuck for giving me a place to share my comics and even though that recent bug about uploading new issues still effects me once it's resolved I'll get my current comic rolling smoothly again.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.