Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

*Sniff.* That was beautiful man. =,3 *Sniff.* Just beautiful.

Brogan
Brogan
Posted at

Yeah, thank you DD! There is not a better hosting site that I've been on!

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

Well, I didn't mean to offend you ^^;, the point I was getting at, is that most of the sprite comics there are ALL about sonic/megaman. At least our sprite comics have some variety, and some originality.
Yeah I know. I just don''t like the fact that sprite comics have earned that stereotype. They're easier than drawing pages, yeah, but the downside is that more people can get at them and ruin the genre.

Y'know, due to the theme of this thread I'm going to repress my urges to controdict you until another time.
Oh man send me a PQ, I love debates.

But on topic, I'm really starting to see what you guys are talking about. Having visited a number of forums, I can say that this one (and this website) are active enough to be enjoyed, and full of enough really intelligent members to be worth coming back for. Plus comics.

Thank you drunk duck!

Posted at

Well, I didn't mean to offend you ^^;, the point I was getting at, is that most of the sprite comics there are ALL about sonic/megaman. At least our sprite comics have some variety, and some originality.
Yeah I know. I just don''t like the fact that sprite comics have earned that stereotype. They're easier than drawing pages, yeah, but the downside is that more people can get at them and ruin the genre.

Yeah. I can't really say anything bad about spriters, because I actually started out as one. I never made a comic, but I was close to it. I've seen some amazing sprite comics done though. In fact, I used to LOVE reading them. Back when I was into Bionicle and such, I'd go on these forums where this guy made a Star Wars Bionicle sprite comic.

I loooooved it.

Anyway, DD is awesome! Keep up the awesome posts guys!

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

to be completely honest i thought this site was shit till i looked at smackjeeves. *shudder* i have a newfound appreciation for this place since then.

Posted at

to be completely honest i thought this site was shit till i looked at smackjeeves. *shudder* i have a newfound appreciation for this place since then.

Shouldn't this be in the 'damning with faint praise' thread?

Posted at

I really like Drunk Duck…this is the only site I have ever posted in forums regularly. I have to give praise to it because it is the most diverse site and that is a really really good thing.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

Shouldn't this be in the 'damning with faint praise' thread?

no im saying i used to not like this place but i do now

Posted at

no im saying i used to not like this place but i do now

I got that part: I just meant you didn't sell it so good! ;)

Posted at

My name is Ozymandius, king of kings.
LOOK ON MY DUCK YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i love this fuckin site! i managed to get over the glitches pretty quickly becuase of how all around GREAT this site is!it's free, you can upload as MUCH as you possibly want with no limit on content! you can meet plenty of other people, you can promote yourself pretty easily, and the admins arent dicks! and when site crashes happen, they let us know what was up pretty quickly and it was settled. i really dont have any complaints about this site whatsoever. the number of people freaking out and loosing their minds when the site went down attests to how many people really love this site! and we thank god it's so great cuase no one wants to just dump their comics off with a site that doesnt really care about what we do.

one of my absolute favorite things about it is that there doesnt seem to be ANY catch or sceme ehind it. you arent pressured to give them money after a certain amount of time or uploads ior anything like that. it's a tool to help us with our art form and i asks NOTHING in return. that's very commendable.

and thanks for givin PM a shout out, RYU!

Posted at

i love this fuckin site! i managed to get over the glitches pretty quickly becuase of how all around GREAT this site is!it's free, you can upload as MUCH as you possibly want with no limit on content! you can meet plenty of other people, you can promote yourself pretty easily, and the admins arent dicks! and when site crashes happen, they let us know what was up pretty quickly and it was settled. i really dont have any complaints about this site whatsoever. the number of people freaking out and loosing their minds when the site went down attests to how many people really love this site! and we thank god it's so great cuase no one wants to just dump their comics off with a site that doesnt really care about what we do.

one of my absolute favorite things about it is that there doesnt seem to be ANY catch or sceme ehind it. you arent pressured to give them money after a certain amount of time or uploads ior anything like that. it's a tool to help us with our art form and i asks NOTHING in return. that's very commendable.

and thanks for givin PM a shout out, RYU!

No problem! Putrid Meat is a great comic! And definitely deserves a shout-out on here! Keep up the great work!

And thanks for all the posts everybody!
Keep 'em comin!

RuseBolton
RuseBolton
Posted at

I like this place because it's full of talented people who are nice to me. Lol. Where were you guys when I was in high school?

Anyway, I'm glad I went looking for a host outside of PhotoBucket. I nearly didn't because I fear people judging me and find comfort in obscurity. Two years ago, I'd never dream that I would enjoy posting in any forum. Definitely a testament to this community.

Well,i supose it would depend on your age bracket… i could give you an answer but as it stands now it would purly be speculation…

I also have to say why would we not be nice to you? you do good work, & as far as i know you havn't tryed to kill me… unlike the damn cola! Anyone got a spare? but i digress.

I love the duck even though i have only been part of the community for a short period, people of all diffent personalitys, traits & manurismes, a variety of fantastic imaginations & just down right…*Trails off*…What cake?Cookies? Hell yeah!!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.