Moonlight meanderer
waff
waff
Posted at

ARE YOU A MAFIOSO SKOOLMUNKEE?:gem:

humorman
humorman
Posted at

It's time to think logically. If ozone happens to be part of the mafia, not only would he receive extra power through votes, but the only way to kill him would to go through the body guards. With that much power, he could easily eliminate all the townies within a matter of days. Unfortunately, ozone is already in a fairly secure lead. Therefore, I announce to run for pardoner. As pardoner I would also in a high position, perfect for keeping a supposed mafia-tied mayor in check. However, you may be wondering if I might be part of the mafia as well. There is no sure -fire way of saying if I am without breaking the rules, but you have my word that I am definitely not part of the mafia. More importantly, I will have no gimmicks (no cheesy campaign pictures or mottos, no pardons reserved for people who vote for me, etc.). As long as they give me a compelling argument, everyone will be entitled to a pardon.

This is my promise to you, the public.

waff
waff
Posted at

no offense humorman but with a pitch like that no-one will vote for you. course to get pardoner at this point you only need 2 votes.

Posted at

pardoner

for some reason when you say this, it makes me think of the scene in Schindler's list where Ralph Fiennes is practicing being merciful and then decides to hell with it and starts killing people.

Soooooo I have mixed feelings

waff
waff
Posted at

hmm…my vote is stuck between ozoneocean, who has a clear majority so i have nothing to lose jumping on the bandwagon but causing a bad feeling that he is mafioso, and humorman, who seems to be honest and will likley support us as a pardoner but more or less has little or no chance of getting mayor.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

HA!

What a joke. So many people running for mayor… But the original is still the best!

The first one to throw his hat into the ring: me.
All I want to do is protect us from mafias and make sure our town isn't beaten by them. To keep us alive. I just don't see that in the other guys. all they seem to want is the power and the position and THEN work out what to do with it!

Listen guys, I DON'T have that issue. I don't care about power and position, I never have. All I want to do is be better able to use my skills to keep us safe.

Posted at

Yes, I am going to steal.
Yes I will shoot people down.

Words are cheap Vakanai. You say you will attack the mob. But at what cost. If you use the same tactics they use, against them, you yourself become a mobster. And if you question how I will protect this town of ours let me tell you this. The town is full people, people who know what is best for themselves. The people are smart enough to govern for themselves and they are smart enough to protect themselves. The mayor is a part of the people. And being part of the people he must listen to their concerns! Who the people believe is a mob is who the mayor believes is mob!

HA!

What a joke. So many people running for mayor.

Listen guys, I DON'T have that issue. I don't care about power and position.

As for Mr. Ocean. I find it strange that you would joke about people running for office. Perhaps the people would be better suited if they elect someone who treats the office of Mayor seriously and not as a joke. Also of course you don't care about power or position, you have both! From your lofty preach you have forgotten the position of the regular man. If you don't care about power or position then how can we trust you with either, if you don't care how do we know you can handle responsibility!

Vote for the2ndredbaron and we will all fly high!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't joke about the office, I joke about your campaigns. None of you take this as seriously as I do!

All I care about is protecting this town. It's THAT simple.
I'm not even interested in running negative campaigns and attacking my competitors. From looking at the way it sours YOUR words, I'm going to try keep that out of my campaign now. I'm not interested in that. It's the tactics of the mafias and those are the people who I'm wanting to protect us from!

Posted at

Ozoneocean is evil. why do you think he even running for mayor? hes using slick words, truth bending and free candy to get your votes. and he kills kittens.
vote for me

Posted at

ZOMG new tally~

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
korosu
highspeedcomics

leaderofstars
leaderofstars

Gullas
Gullas

Skoolmunkee
martinlo_23

As we are going with first come first serve this means Ozoneocean is in the lead followed by leaderofstars. (Vakanai also did a comic as a campaign so receives one bonus vote.)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I vote for ozone!

I want a mafioso as mayor. Because I voted him in he will probably kill me last (and maybe I can be a made man?). So anyne running on the platform of "I am the bad guy" will get my full support.

IN the mean time, I vote for ozone (who is probably the god father).

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I voted if O3 H20 too…um…sorry…Chemistry…Ozoneocean. I have considered changing my vote because of the very good points that others have brought up. Sadly, I don't know if any of the other candidates are up to snuff in running our fictional town. Plus, Ozone is the principal of TD High…though I don't know if that will help or hinder his chances.

Edit:Question:Will the mayor know who his bodyguards are?

Posted at

Mr. Ocean do you believe protecting the town is a simple matter? And for someone who is not concern with power care to explain how your an Admin, Principle, and now your trying to be mayor?

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Yes, I am going to steal.
Yes I will shoot people down.

Words are cheap Vakanai. You say you will attack the mob. But at what cost. If you use the same tactics they use, against them, you yourself become a mobster. And if you question how I will protect this town of ours let me tell you this. The town is full people, people who know what is best for themselves. The people are smart enough to govern for themselves and they are smart enough to protect themselves. The mayor is a part of the people. And being part of the people he must listen to their concerns! Who the people believe is a mob is who the mayor believes is mob!
I see you choose to only quote a part of what I said, out of context. Which is the dirty trick of the politician grasping for straws.:p
And all you offer is words as well. If the majority of citizens say someone is mob, that is the one I will focus my attention on as well.
And I'll listen to the people and not take their words out of context. If the people vote for you, when you have already shown a tendency to twist a man's words around to suit your needs, then you listening to them may come to the same result as if they had said nothing at all.

A vote for the2ndredbaron is a vote to have your wings clipped!

Posted at

I only used your words, nothing more. And now you try to change what you said. Don't be a flip flopper. And you say all I say is words. Both you and Mr. Ocean have laid out no plan for protection. But when I lay out a plan you try to hop on board. I have no problem with you agreeing its a good plan, but tell me, do you have any ideas of your own?

Posted at

Edit:Question:Will the mayor know who his bodyguards are?

Yes but not the pardoner~

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

That is a very disturbing proposition. If the mayor was also a mafia, he would be able to kill both the bodyguards and then get the pardoner…but then everyone would know that plan…hm…It would give enough reason for people to think very hard about who they vote for. I get lost in plot scenarios…sorry. Guess I can say, don't follow blindly…

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Here's another reason why I should be elected pardoner:

-If ozone is part of the mafia: since he is not supporting me as pardoner, it makes it more evident that I am likely not part of the mafia as well.

-If ozone is not part of the mafia: it wouldn't even matter since even if I was part of the mafia, he would still have more power over me.

In either case, it's very unlikely that both of us would be in the mafia. Therefore, a vote for me would guarantee at least one townie in office.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I want be a vilgilante!
Since a- you don't need to get elected to do that
b- I am judgemental and willing to deal out a brutal brand of justice.

How do I get to be one of those?
Do I have to make a costume?
(Is there a Catman already?)

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I only used your words, nothing more. And now you try to change what you said. Don't be a flip flopper. And you say all I say is words. Both you and Mr. Ocean have laid out no plan for protection. But when I lay out a plan you try to hop on board. I have no problem with you agreeing its a good plan, but tell me, do you have any ideas of your own?
1. You used my words out of context. I'm willing to steal/shoot the mafia in order to protect and benefit the populace. You would have me painted as someone who would do that indiscriminately. I'm not flipfloppping, I'm just stating my actual position which you keep trying to twist.
2. Really, no one mentioned your plan at first because it is the only plan and was pretty much common sense and implied. The only way to beat the mob, according to the rules, is to try and kill the mob. We are given a few clues to help us. Therefore there are two options, either we all try to solve it together and take a vote on who to kill, or decide who to kill without taking a vote. The second option is a rather bad idea, unless you happen to be both mob and mayor. No one is jumping on your plan, it's just it is the only one out of two and no one really thought it needed to be mention. Again, kind of common knowledge, it's not like it was some creative bit of imagination on your part.

Wow, that sounds meaner than I mean for it to.
Vote for Vak, cause Vak has your back (well, unless you're one of the mob, since my whole platform is kind of about killing you mobsters off one by one…)!

odysseus55
odysseus55
Posted at

It's time to think logically. If ozone happens to be part of the mafia, not only would he receive extra power through votes, but the only way to kill him would to go through the body guards. With that much power, he could easily eliminate all the townies within a matter of days. Unfortunately, ozone is already in a fairly secure lead. Therefore, I announce to run for pardoner. As pardoner I would also in a high position, perfect for keeping a supposed mafia-tied mayor in check. However, you may be wondering if I might be part of the mafia as well. There is no sure -fire way of saying if I am without breaking the rules, but you have my word that I am definitely not part of the mafia. More importantly, I will have no gimmicks (no cheesy campaign pictures or mottos, no pardons reserved for people who vote for me, etc.). As long as they give me a compelling argument, everyone will be entitled to a pardon.

This is my promise to you, the public.

I agree with Humorman, This just seems fishy what with OZone's cutsie quack "vote for me"… I thought I smelled horse head on it.

I vote for SkoolMunkee cuz munkees are cute.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Mr. Ocean do you believe protecting the town is a simple matter? And for someone who is not concern with power care to explain how your an Admin, Principle, and now your trying to be mayor?
I attain those positions precisely because I don't care about position and power!
I attained those positions because of my skills and abilities and being good at the job.

But most of all, because I wanted to do the job and do it right! Which is what I want to do as mayor.

Not as some half arsed lark and a bit of fun. As mayor I won't mess around. My ONLY concern is making sure the mafias DON'T win. SO if you ARE mafias yourself, I say don't vote for me because I will make it my goal to get rid of you and clean up corruption in this town!

I've been learning some interesting things already from my brilliant communication skills, talking to people and asking them to vote for me. I've already got some pretty clear suspicions. If elected mayor I will make very good use of that insight.
You need to vote for someone who's actually running ;)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

You need to vote for someone who's actually running ;)

Actually if you look above, SkoolMunkee already has a vote.

The Red Baron is being pretty pushy isn't he?

odysseus55
odysseus55
Posted at

Exactly so Niccea. So Mr. I want to do it right….we see your devious mafia ways coming out.

Bad OZone….no cookies for you.

And please vote for me for pardoner.

TIA

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I will personally vote and vouch for Mr. Ozone Ocean to be mayor. And quite frankly, I am shocked by the accusations aimed at him. This man, who helped lay the foundation for our very forum, who has always been there, even in our darkest hour, and now you simply accuse him of association with the mafia, simply for your own gain? Citizens of Drunkduck, you know the right choice.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.