Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Do any of you like energy drinks? What's your favorite and why is it good?

I dislike the taste of energy drinks personally; but I'm going to try a tiny pack of 'SCREAMIN ENERGY' diluted in some water so it doesn't kill my taste buds come Monday.

Would you recommend energy drinks to someone who wanted a lift in spirit or just for people working out? :)

(shots are what they call really small energy drinks I guess)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Those things are bad for your health. Stay away from them.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Never tried those drinks. Watched a friend do that to stay awake at work, and didn't like the fact that he was constantly trembling.

If I want to stay awake, I bring some fresh fruit to work. :)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Two friends of mine are filling their locker with empty energy drink cans.

Personally I can't drink energy drinks because I'm very twitchy even without caffeine, and with it I can't stop moving and I scare people.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

hahahah , i buy them by the dozen , or ten , metric system here . mostly stuff with taurine or guarana . Energy drinks are everywhere in Japan and Everybody drinks them , from 3 years old to 90 . the average vending machine is almost exclusively devoted to a mix of 50% energy drinks and 50% coffee . i just drank one rite now while i was writing this , theres no escaping them

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

I don't really like the taste but i drink alot of coffie.

But i have seen my bother have his liver fail from drinking to must redbull.

But he was drinking it again in a mouth.

Baconators
Baconators
Posted at

I've taken sips of a few different ones, and they tasted alright, but not enough to turn me into a regular. Doesn't make me much better than people who drink 'em though, since I still drink excessive amounts of coffee. And that's not even to keep awake, but rather just because I love the taste of coffee =P

imshard
imshard
Posted at

hehe Caffeine.
Energy drinks (aka shockers, juicers, happyhappyfuntimers, joydrinks, kicks in a can, etcetera) are Extremely bad for you and should be avoided if possible.

Myself? I live on them. In my line of work it is necessary to stay awake and focused, on very boring material, for very Loooong periods of time. It wreaks havoc on your health, sleep pattern, and state of mind though.

Don't use unless you REALLY need to stay awake, and try standard soda drinks first with smaller amounts of caffeine in them.
Use good old fashioned water and or gatorade for working out.

Posted at

All the energy drinks I've ever tried all taste so… chemical. And they don't really do anything, either. If I want to be able to stay awake for longer, I'll resort to sugar and willpower (because coffee tastes like eurgh.)

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

If I need to stay up to study I get myself a can of coke. That usally does me for he small scale stuff, but when I need to stay up all night I go for the Red Bull or those Monster enery drinks. Has anyone ever read the side of one of those monster cans? It's quite funny. It says "we made an enery drink because… we tried to make a relaxation drink but we all fell asleep, we didn't want to pretend that it's good for you and it turns your pee a really cool colour" (it has a lot of vitamin B).

Anyway, just for the fun of it, do a wiki search on Red Bull, or more specifically on tuarine (or however you spell it). I found it quite enlightening. Enjoy!

Posted at

They taste disgusting, like drinking distilled factory waste.

Unless Irn Bru counts, I like that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You want a true artificial energy boost? Screw energy drinks and caffeine! What works is a lot of glucose, ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, adrenaline, amphetamine, coca, cocaine…

And some of those truly are seriously bad for you. But they will work ;)

But mild stuff like Coffee and energy drinks will still give you a bit of a boost, especially if your body isn't used to them. I remember when 3 cups of brewed coffee would leave me twitchy for the rest of the day. lol!

In the end, that's the thing , your body becomes used to it and the effect doesn't work. You just think it does, which is sort of the same thing to most people… Thank goodness coffee and energy drinks aren't as dangerous as cocaine and amphetamines though. People still become as dependent of them…

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

Since no-one looked it up: "Taurine is named after the Latin taurus, which means bull or ox, as it was first isolated from ox bile in 1827"

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wiki says it naturally occurs in the bile of most creatures including humans, but that it doesn't actually do much that's proven when used in energy drinks… except that I suppose it simulates some of the taste of the worst part of vomit: when all the acid is puked up and all you're left with is stinking yellow bile. :)

I did that last week. YUCK! >.<

It might perhaps reduce muscle fatigue, but no one knows for sure. Seems the only creatures that really benefit from it are cats. But then this is wiki…

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

I tried red bull once, but it didn't give me wings. :(

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Huh. Taurines supposed to be really healthy for your cat and needed for their vision too,

I tried 1/3 bag od screamin energy in a full bottle of water. The taste was fine but just 1/3 the packet had me pretty twitchy. lol!
Hate to know what the full thing would do.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I think that energy drinks are generally less healthy than water, which is usually a better alternative for universal purposes, though there are exceptions. If you don't want to drink an energy drink that's unhealthy, I suggest doing a little research and find those with nutritional value that don't have any detriment.

They are out there… though they may taste like crap.

Posted at

I think that energy drinks are generally less healthy than water, which is usually a better alternative for universal purposes, though there are exceptions. If you don't want to drink an energy drink that's unhealthy, I suggest doing a little research and find those with nutritional value that don't have any detriment.

Really though, pretty much anything is bad for you.
Drinking too much water for example can be incredibly dangerous. Drink a lot of anything and it's really bad for you. But only drink a little once in a while and you should be fine. (this obviously excludes things like mercury…)

Posted at

The last few times I've had energy drinks I've had to sit still and take calls. It made me a bit too aware of my racing pulse and increased body temperature. In hindsight having a 24-oz caffeine bomb was probably a bad idea. I actually sort of like Red Bull, and even though it's not quite an energy drink I can't stand Mountain Dew. I tried Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator a while ago, it tasted like lime Jello and tooth decay. All in all I'm more of the coffee/tea persuasion.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I have a few favorites:

Red Bull - it works, tastes good and has 3 sizes, depending on how tired you are and how much money you're willing to spend.

Full Throttle - usually works, tastes good. 2 variations.

AMP - Super Mountain Dew, in regular and Cherry, and it works. Nuff said.

I will not drink any drink with sweeteners (personal taste preference and I don't 100% trust sweeteners), which is why I've never tried Monster or Rock Star or some of the others. Rock Star also uses milk (why?) so I can't drink that (I'm lactose intolerant).

Posted at

… it tasted like lime Jello and tooth decay.

That's the best taste description ever! I do energy drinks but 99% of the time the taste is killer bad. The ones that are the worst are the little shots! The ones in the little red bottle.

lba
lba
Posted at

The glaceau vitamin water energy drinks are pretty good. They taste kind of weird, like juice and sparkling water mixed, but they have a pretty big effect compared to other energy drinks. Especially if you've built up a tolerance to caffeine since they only have a small amount and use vitamins and other stuff to give you energy instead.

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Really though, pretty much anything is bad for you.
Drinking too much water for example can be incredibly dangerous. Drink a lot of anything and it's really bad for you. But only drink a little once in a while and you should be fine. (this obviously excludes things like mercury…)

yes, moderation and not excess.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

Red Bull has the same amount of caffine as a cup of coffee. You would think there was more.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.