Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hm….. Post counts doesn't really matters to me. But usually when I see a high post count I go, "Wow! this guy/girl must been here for like - random number- years!" and then I went about my normal buiness.

I never gave it much thought…
When I visit a place I liked so much, I usually have a high post count- or post lot in a single day…
I rarely spams since I don't find enjoyment in it.

Posted at

Serious business now guys, serious faces on.

Does a high post count mean that you are respected in the forums? I was wondering, if post counts were taken away from viewing, will it all be better? Is it quality or quantity that matter?

In my opinion, a high post count has some part to play on how other people see you as a user at a first galnce. However, when they see you just posting utter garbage, that high post count may count against you.

What did you think?

Great questions. I think yes and no. I mean sometimes…if I answer something and someone is snarky to me, I'm all like—who is that??? They have six posts, oh…hells noooo. Which is silly, but alas…true nonetheless. I much prefer the quality over quantity, which seems to exist for the most part in these here forums…Overall, people are pretty good about reading ahead and makin' sure their topics are unique…At least I think so.

A bit off topic, but relevant.

These are some things I have found to be true:
1. If I don't contribute to discussions and posts that I start—they last longer.
2. I get annoyed by frivolous posters and usually won't visit their comic.
3. If someone is rude for the sake of just startin' trouble instead of allowing someone to have a different opinion…If they have a lot of posts, I'll check out their profile; if they only have a few, I dismiss them as jerks.

On the spelling…If you have a ton of miscellaneous misspellings; I'm not gonna' read 'yo comic. That's just the way it is. I can forgive easily misspelled, or when it's obvious the person was typing fast; but, blatant laziness or ignorance is unacceptable to what I deem worthy of my time. (Just my opinion: Smiles and joyjoy hugs.)

As for people not respondin' to certain threads…I think it's just luck of the draw. Sometimes, I'll start a topic and before you know it–4 pages and 50ish responses. Then I'll spend 15 minutes composin' a post and nothin'. You can hear the crickets chirpin'. I don't take it personally and I don't think anyone else should either.

(Now, Fern has me wonderin'. I've been really busy the last few weeks and really have only had time to welcome newbies…Has there been a lot of spam lately?)

Posted at

Post counts do matter as people think more of you
however joined date does not

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

hmmm,
I would like to say that post count doesn't matter to me, and that I don't look at it but that isn't really true. honestly, i have found that when i first started posting that i generally understood who was respected, liked or disliked and from that made my own opinions. but I don't think post count had much to it. so i guess I will say that I don't really give anymore respect, per se, or feel they are pathetic because they have posted as much (or as little) as they do.
I wouldn't want it removed though, as I find it to be an interesting fact. I think there is some hierarchy established, and the more posts one has, the better that person is know, whether it is understand that they are oversensitive, riddiculous, thoughtful, etc. I think there is some repesct given to those with
good posts, whether they be poigiantly funny, accurate, or interesting.
so i think subconsciously, post counts are considered, but really in the end, respect comes from the quality of posts, not necessarily the quanity.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Ozone once described me as 'a maniac on speed and Red Bull', concerning my post count and the speed it was rising. Sure enough, I've been here for a fairly short while and I've crossed the 1000 line yesterday, but most of the time I try to contribute to the discussion.

As for the spelling bit, I for one usually try to clean up my posts before hitting the send button. People who don't usually come off as blatant fucktards, especially when both interpunction and grammar are being shot to Hell. Add to that the air of the person thinking him- or herself to be amazingly awesome, it's just annoying. Some of you might know who I'm using as an example here.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.