Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

But hopefully people will finally start pulling their damn pants up.

I'm glad that style has mostly died here. It's just weird that guys go around with their pants down so much you can see most of their underwear???. Where in the heck did they get the idea that public near nudity was the "in" thing for fashion these days???

I heard that started in prisons…the prison clothing would be ill-fitting and obviously you can't keep a belt in jail, so having your pants sagging down around your knees became a symbol of being "tough."
So basically the teens going around with their underwear showing are imitating common criminals. Or, more likely, they're imitating the rappers and such that first started imitating those criminals.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

I heard that started in prisons…the prison clothing would be ill-fitting and obviously you can't keep a belt in jail, so having your pants sagging down around your knees became a symbol of being "tough."
So basically the teens going around with their underwear showing are imitating common criminals. Or, more likely, they're imitating the rappers and such that first started imitating those criminals.

we have a similar story…only it wasn't the "tough" ones that wore their pants with their butts sticking out….

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

we have a similar story…only it wasn't the "tough" ones that wore their pants with their butts sticking out….

What, the gay thing? That's a myth.

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp Oh look there I go being all right again.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The problem is that the jeans hanging low thing has mutated into just having the crotch and arse sagging down and nothing really to do with the undies showing because ofton they have numerous tops and shirts and things hanging down over them.

Worse:
There are horrible people somewhere who actually DESIGN the jeans so that they can only be worn that way.
The sight of a hipster in skin tight jeans with his arse sagging away half way down his thighs is a truly revolting thing. -_-

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

The problem is that the jeans hanging low thing has mutated into just having the crotch and arse sagging down and nothing really to do with the undies showing because ofton they have numerous tops and shirts and things hanging down over them.

Haha, I love it when guys wear those jeans around their knees and the long shirts because it makes them look like they have tiny legs.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Something id actually like to see. TUNICS!
Heh, military uniform jackets are called tunics, even girl's school uniforms… It's a pretty generic term.
"cote hardie" is probably what you want there. That's a generic term for medieval style clothes like that :)
Haha, I love it when guys wear those jeans around their knees and the long shirts because it makes them look like they have tiny legs.
lol! ape men with little teeny chimp legs!

When did men think they had to start dressing like clowns? I never got that memo… :(

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i hate clowns, but i wouldn't mind a steam punk future!

i'm going to go off and lose an arm right now, so i can have some ridiculous gadget stuck to me!!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Let's hope our fashion doesn't devolve back into coconut bras and grass skirts. From what I've seen of some women from the U.S. mainland, we'd need to breed some really large coconuts. O_O

amanda
amanda
Posted at

The guy on the far right with the pedo-smile kind of takes the dignity out of the picture. While in practice the frock coats aren't always dashing, I'd still take 'em over frumpy sports team jackets.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

While in practice the frock coats aren't always dashing, I'd still take 'em over frumpy sports team jackets.
True. And I think poor old Lincoln was probably wearing a borrowed coat there anyway (made for a much smaller man), given how good he normally looked in them:

same
same
Posted at

I'd be happy if people wore less clothing all together. 2010 should be The Year of The Nudist. Maybe The Year of The Snuggie for people in colder climes.

Remember to take into account that there are some people we'd rather not see naked. Can they have Year of the cover everything up and dont come outside?

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I'd be happy if people wore less clothing all together. 2010 should be The Year of The Nudist.

Man, you stole my idea for another smart-ass post. I kid, I kid. At least someone finally said it.

Anyway, I think a T-shirt, pair of jeans, and sneakers should never go out of style. I've been wearing them since I was a kid, and I guarantee I'll wear them until the day I die.

Posted at

[picture]
That last one is a transvestite isn't it? You can't fool me. That is clearly a drunken old man in a shiny dress outside of Walmart. That future is clearly a post-apocalyptic waste land.
I'm 99% sure it is a guy (as I've seen online places that sell this kind of dresses in men sizes several times already)

Speaking of which…

The razor industry should splurge some cash into a global push for "SKIRTS FOR MEN" program of some sorts. Think about it, not only razors for men to shave faces and ones for women to shave legs, but also ADDITIONAL razors to shave legs for men!!! PURE PROFIT!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm 99% sure it is a guy (as I've seen online places that sell this kind of dresses in men sizes several times already)
I was looking for sexy maid pics a while ago and stumbled on a transvestite maid site, all with pics of the same guy. That was the coolest/funniest pic so I kept it :)

The razor industry should splurge some cash into a global push for "SKIRTS FOR MEN" program of some sorts. Think about it, not only razors for men to shave faces and ones for women to shave legs, but also ADDITIONAL razors to shave legs for men!!! PURE PROFIT!
I would wax.

Posted at

I vote we all just go naked except in winter. Then it will be acceptable to wear warm clothing.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.