Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Guys, I know this is a fun thing, but lets start making serious suggestions. Mmkay?

Posted at

Guys, I know this is a fun thing, but lets start making serious suggestions. Mmkay?

Who says I wasn't? Well, ok, the Disney Land one was a joke. But nothing else was.

spaz201
spaz201
Posted at

I really think Fightsplosion needs a reason.

Let me elborate, What possible gain or motive do these characters have for entering fightsplosion. Is there a cash prize for the victor? Something at all that would provide as a motive for someones character.

Sure some could say their charater is extremly violent and needs no provocation for starting a fight, or wants only to test and improve thier skills of battle, but you cannot expect 16 characters to be created with those reasons and still make this intresting.

A base reason and story behind fightsplosion, will solidifiy the event, allow authors to creat more complex back stories for their respective characters and also alow the readers to relate the characters struggles.

It could prove to be the glue that holds this together.
Voters can Identfiy early with the character whose, motives and story the most identfiy with and strive to see their hero win the fight by seeing the event through.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Excellent point, spaz. :-D

We have arranged a reasonably straightforward (OR IS IT?!) backstory and motivation for Fightsplosion, to be revealed when signups open later in the week. Moohaha. Hopefully it will be simple enough for everyone to go their own way with it and use their pages to develop not only their characters but also the "plot" as a whole, yet still complex enough to be interesting.

Of course if anyone has their own (helpful) ideas on what Fightsplosion should be about plot-wise, then feel free to post some posts - or keep them to yourself if you want to use them in your pages (provided they fit the continuity). Its up to you. 8)

Posted at

Serious?I was serious about the Blank White Room.But I was about to Suggest Vegas XLR,a giant robot fight in the city that never sleeps.Darn.

Posted at

Of course if anyone has their own (helpful) ideas on what Fightsplosion should be about plot-wise, then feel free to post some posts - or keep them to yourself if you want to use them in your pages (provided they fit the continuity). Its up to you. 8)

Well, obviously you need a villain. May I suggest a mysterious green eyed demon who feeds on the envy, rage, hatred, and frustration of others? This villain should also be entered by a user. Perhaps a user whose avatar is modeled after the scar on their finger that they recieved when their lizard bit them when they were six…?

Throw in some sort of conspiracy involving satanic worship, doomsday, and the fight leaders and you have yourself a plot with numerous reasons for people to get involved.

You have no idea how you well you described a certain character of mine.

Posted at

Lol, gah, please don't think I'm stupid for this, but it says here all you have to do to join this is to sign up. Where and when do you sign up? I'm only asking this because no one else has signed up, and I just assumed that people would have already swarmed this thing trying to sign up. (Is that just me)?

Well yeah, I've never seen fightsplosion, so I'm more new to this thing, and I'm just curious about the signing up thing, sorry about bothering you guys!

Posted at

Ah… yeah I read it again and I realized that, would it just be posted randomly on the networking and community projects board?

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Signups will start either tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone is free to sign up, this is true. :D Hopefully I can get someone to set up a Fightsplosion forum like last time, and all the related threads will go there.

Remember also that there are other ways to participate besides fighting if you don't get into the 16.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Well first off, the "power" of your character is somewhat irrelevant in these sort of things. This ain't no Dungeons and Dragonball Z fight. It really comes down to how you handle drawing the pages, how creative you are, how well you keep the flow of the fight, personality of your entrant, etc.

In the past we've had little girls beat satanic offspring, and giant robots emaciated by angry people with only the power of being able to kick things and be angry.

But as for your question, a few things you can do besides fight:

- Spectator scenes during fights.
- Side stories during the tournament (maybe team up with other people to contribute pages).
- Commentary pages.
- After/mid-round entertainment shows? :D

Go nuts. If you have an idea I haven't mentioned then run it by me and I'll probably say go for it. :-D

Posted at

This will rock…..

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

THINGY

Battle?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.