Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Forum Fighters! By Mettaur, Hakoshen, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Only a few hours left to vote! Unless those Knight fans from the first game come around, looks like the Vikings have this all wrapped up!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

sigurd vs fafnir is one of my favorite dragon slaying storys so i says viking.

Posted at

I had to read about Sigurdur Fáfnisbani (dragonslayer) in high school. Where and when did you read it, rokulily? Is it popular in the states?

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

I had to read about Sigurdur Fáfnisbani (dragonslayer) in high school. Where and when did you read it, rokulily? Is it popular in the states?

meh, read it in middle school and no- it's not popular at all. i collect stories so when i was little i would go to the school library everyday, grab a book, read it, and return it and repeat. i read about… 250 books per year in middle school. soooo… about 750 total before i left that hole. i could pretty much read 100 pages in somewhere between a hour and a hour in a half depending on page size and how interesting it was. i remember almost none of the title because for whatever reason i suck at remembering names. myths and fairytales were my favorites though.

Posted at

Fortunately, Dick is not present in this fight. Otherwise… God help us all!

meh, read it in middle school and no- it's not popular at all. i collect stories so when i was little i would go to the school library everyday, grab a book, read it, and return it and repeat. i read about… 250 books per year in middle school. soooo… about 750 total before i left that hole. i could pretty much read 100 pages in somewhere between a hour and a hour in a half depending on page size and how interesting it was. i remember almost none of the title because for whatever reason i suck at remembering names. myths and fairytales were my favorites though.
That's pretty admirable. I used to be a big book worm back in those days but I focused more on modern day stories and fantasies. I particularly liked the works of H.C.Andersen and Astrid Lindgren among many others and spent most of my evenings lying over books. I loved studying Norwegian mythology in highschool and thanks to the fact that the church and state is not separated, I ended up learning allot of bible stories.

I'm not much in books nowadays but I'm writing for leisure I read extensively on the internet. Hope that counts for something ^^'

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

This epic battle is beyond over, the brutal,mighty, craftsman of combat we know as the Viking has won! Oh, and after a few fights, Cheney will fight the greatest evil you guys can come up with! Send in requests today! Oh, and carry on with what you were saying.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Same, you are suggesting that Pope Benedict fight Dick Cheney? Well, if no one else suggests something, that may well be what will happen.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Same, you are suggesting that Pope Benedict fight Dick Cheney? Well, if no one else suggests something, that may well be what will happen.

… actually that might not be a bad match… i think benedict could throw a decent punch and hide in his popemobile when cheney tries to shoot him in the face… hm.

Posted at

Pope Benny wins, he just has too much going for him. He's the pope so he gets Jesus powers and infalability (or however you spell that), he's darth Sidious so he can shoot lightning out of his hands, AND he was in the hitler youth so he can do…nazi stuff. Dick has finaly met his match.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Let's get some other ideas, it's not that big a match if there was only one contestant.

Also, remember last time nazi's fought America?

Posted at

Also, remember last time nazi's fought America?
True, true but did they have Darth Sidious on their side, at the time?

Definitely voting for the pope.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Non e of you are supporting your cou- oh, right, this is a world-wide site. But we still have a few fights to go before the old dude brawl. Vote your favorite two out of our surviving warriors! Cept the Viking, and Dick Cheney.

Posted at

Huh? The Viking and Cheney are fighting now?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Since everyone is feeling so goddamn American, here is our next fight! The English versus America, with a little twist! Feel free to write a narration for it, best one will be used for the comic, with credit to the writer.

It's our favorite techie, baptized in blood and fire, the Paladin of the Brotherhood Of Steel! And in this corner of the ring, with is trusty bow and arrow, the one, the only, English Bowman!

*grabs popcorn, soda, and Mike & Ike's*

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

This post is reserved fr voting only.
BOS Paladin Votes: One. :)
English Bowman Votes: Zero. :(
Who voted for the Paladin: I Am The 1337 Master. :)
Who voted for the Bowman: Nobody. :(

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Was I supposed to write some sort of narration? Sorry… work has a special kind of insane lately, and I know that's my excuse for everything but it's especially true this time! On call weeks are always brutal.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Was I supposed to write some sort of narration? Sorry… work has a special kind of insane lately, and I know that's my excuse for everything but it's especially true this time! On call weeks are always brutal.
It's alright, if you can't write it right now, you can write it up later.

Posted at

Wait, we're doing fictional character from a post apocalyptic world vs a medieval soldier now?

I thought we were doing Pope vs Cheney first. Why are we constantly switching characters?

Also, how the hell is the bowman capable of winning this one? His opponent is wearing mechanized armor, made out of futuristic bulletproof materials and he probably has a gun that can melt people.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Turn them to cinders actually, but I told Hak to start them out even. Or did I forget? I'll go tell him the terrain and such.

Posted at

What kind of terrain will give the archer a big enough advantage to match the paladin? A field of forcefields that only arrows can pass through?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.