Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Funny, stupid words and things specific to your country, region whatever...?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i just made one up. a phrase.

"they don't send superman to water gardens" they don't send an expert to do something easy.

me and the wife were watching TV and the gI joe commercial came on, and she said "i'd be happier about you training for your new job, if they had those suits"
and i responded with "are you kidding? they'd send me to super dangerous places if we had those" and then she was all like "why" and then i responded with "they don't send superman to water gardens"

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

and then she was all like "why" and then i responded with "they don't send superman to water gardens"
lol!
Brilliant! ^___^

Now who says Aluminium and who says Aluminum?
Personally, I prefer the former, but that's because I was brought up with it. I suppose whichever you were raised with is the one prefer more…?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I suppose whichever you were raised with is the one prefer more…?

It's Vegemite/Marmite again!
Actually, I didn't realise 'til just now that aluminum was actually a real word; I thought it was just mispronouncinination. I'd have to go with aluminium as I don't want to see that sort of thing encouraged: I mean, titanum? aquarum? it gives me a pain in the cranum. :(

I sometimes fail to be understood when I ask for cobs. Cobs are bread rolls, right?

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Whaaaaaaat. I thought Sulphur/Sulfur was bad enough, but Aluminum is actually a word?

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.