Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The minimum requirements for Vista just don't make sense to get it in the 32 bit flavour - when the OS has the same requirements as most games, there is a freaking problem. :|
So very, very true… That is the stupidest thing about Vista right there. The requirements. It's just an OS for goodness sake… Why in the world?

It's like making a word processing program that has speccy 3D effects, dynamic transparency, flashing lights and stuff that needs 3 gig of ram to run: A pointless waste of resources.

We only get Vista (most of us), because we know it will be the new OS standard for PCs.
save your eyes from the ugly display that windows has pieced together and buy a mac.
That's not a good selling point. I find the Mac OS display even more irritating.

And as to the hardware, Macs have way better features than how they look, which I generally find rather standardised and dull. They're like the Ikea version of comps in that regard.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

From OEM tech perspective, we love Vista. It practically fixes itself and it comes pre-configured to shepherd the children and stop inexperienced users from breaking it. In others words its a lot like a mac. Yes the reqs are high but thats ok because its not meant for the older computers. Microsoft will keep XP around for the older systems.
The bugs? Having witnessed the launch of other Windows versions I was amazed. It was the most stable OS out of the gate that I've ever seen. The big bugs worked out within 2 months and the first service pack is slated for release this spring.

Altogether Microsoft can go screw itself for having too much money.
Yet Vista is a good OS for new systems, and I've no bones with it.

Posted at

In others words its a lot like a mac.

Altogether Microsoft can go screw itself for having too much money.
Yet Vista is a good OS for new systems, and I've no bones with it.

Which is the only problem I've had with it so far. If I wanted a fucking Mac, I'd have brought a fucking Mac.

Yeah, screw Microsoft. IT'S LIKE THEY THINK THE POINT OF RUNNING A COMPANY IS TO MAKE MONEY OR SOMETHING.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Oh I've no problem with that. We just like to hate the alpha of the pack in this country. "We build up our heroes wherever they're found,
just to spend the rest of our lives tearing them down." -John McCutcheon

P.S.
tip: add too much RAM, then tag a line into your system .ini files specifying the extra as a RAM drive. Move the page file onto the ramdrive. Biggest boost you'll ever see on a 32-bit system.

No idea what I just said? Then don't try it.
And no I will not help you if call in, neither will anybody else at HP since its an "unsupported configuration"

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.