Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Could give her an unfitting name
If she had a very girly name, then she would insist that everyone would call her by a nickname (for example, she could be called Beatrice but called Trish. Clarice but called Clair. Tiffany but called Tiff). Most of her friends would be oblivious of her real name which would give them a good reason to laugh when they finally figure it out.

The "That's your name" moment is a classic that's handy to use but it's a very common plot element associated with tomboy girls so don't use it if you're trying to avoid cliches.

Posted at

The "That's your name" moment is a classic that's handy to use but it's a very common plot element associated with tomboy girls so don't use it if you're trying to avoid cliches.

Bro, I slept with cliches last night.

Since I mentioned a vote and stuff for fun, here are the top 5 names:

1. Sarah
2. Clair
3. Nicky
4. Julie
5. Sam
6. Broncanous (Just kidding)

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I kinda like Broncanous now…

Posted at

Hmm… well, if I went with Broncanous, that'd be a perfect example of an embarassing first name! Her nickname would be Ronnie or Ron…

Two votes for Broncanous!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

If we're voting and not just suggesting, I'll vote for the name Sarah. But for an embarrassing name, I'd go with Olivia.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Then what;s her shortening of it? "True"?

SansTalent
SansTalent
Posted at

For that matter, call her "Hermenegilda". She can be "Gil" until the reveal.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So, she is the type of gal that would tackle a person so that they don't tell Grim and his brother?

same
same
Posted at

So, she is the type of gal that would tackle a person so that they don't tell Grim and his brother?

Its her bro. Not Grims. Also the wild west mafia is long over. You can stop talking like that now.

Also im keeping up with Grim the Reaper Flapjack. Just so you know. Its replaced my usual checking for updates from VGcats, since it never does.

Posted at

Thanks! That's cool.

So, um, one for Clair, and two for Broncanous. (Which actually seems like a terrible idea right now, so maybe not Broncanous.)

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I vote for Olivia, nickname maybe…Olive? Or she just wants the name Sarah, and tells them to call her that.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

But for an embarrassing name, I'd go with Olivia.
WTF how is that name embarrassing? ;-;

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

"Mettaur" Said:

But for an embarrassing name, I'd go with Olivia.

WTF how is that name embarrassing? ;-;

They just don't know class when they see it:

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

For a girl like her it probably would be embarresing. Rememberm this chick isn't supposed to be class, right? A rebel type? Why would she then want a name like Olivia? But still, it is a nice name if you don't want to be that type o gal. In fact, my sister's middle name is Olivia, she doesn't seem to mind. But think about it, think about who is getting this name.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.