Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

The other was a "nature" cartoon of sorts, and it was talking about how a lizard sheds its skin. Never saw a lizard shed its skin so suggestively before… O_O

that was a tex avery one. he used an actual stripper to rotoscope that dancing. he wanted to do a snake, but had to draw hands and feet.

and wtf is up with everyone making a big deal if a cartoon says suggestive things? fuck, every live action show on tv makes way worse comments, but people go livid if its a fake character. doesnt make any damn sense.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

and wtf is up with everyone making a big deal if a cartoon says suggestive things? fuck, every live action show on tv makes way worse comments, but people go livid if its a fake character. doesnt make any damn sense.

Because we don't want our children seeing those things? If it is a cartoon show obviously for adults, like family guy, it's not a big deal. But if it's something that young kids are going to be watching Saturday mornings, then it really shouldn't have suggestive things in it.

Not a hidden message or suggestive thing, but did anyone else notice that Santa Claus in that old Rudolph Christmas movie was kind of a jerk? He was like "He'd better outgrow that nose if he wants to be on my sleigh team!"

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Here's something that went over my head when I used to watch Freakazoid…

Hell, it's WAY more subtle than some of the daytime shows we have here in Scotland. The other day I watched the Five Thirty show report on the caravan exhibition at the SECC, and the reporter guy went into one with Carol Smilie and there was shaky cameras and laughter.

Weirdly enough, later on on another topic they found themselves in a rut after getting on the topic of one of the presenters breasts… They couldn't even say breasts or make up a euphemism! So they just did the whole "Weighing Cups" gesture with perverted smiles. They took ages going "Uuuhhhhh…. Ummm…" before getting to that conclusion.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Faliat: You ever date a vegetarian? The joke works that way too. I always loved how they got Ed Asner to be in that show. Also that Freakazoid is based on Jerry Lewis. Big subtext there.

I have one of the Looney Tune DVD sets and for every neat, "adult humor" cartoon there are several very superficial "kiddie" cartoons. Maybe just maybe we are exaggerating the adultness of these. My parents went to the theaters and saw these cartoons as children with their dime on a weekend afternoon. Elmer and Bugs worked for kids back in the 1930s-40s too.

One cartoon that was nothing but inside jokes: "Gremlins from the Kremlin" Every gremlin was a caricature of a Warner Brothers animation department worker. It has a caricature of Hitler flying to Moscow in a bomber attacked by these singing gremlins. Works on both levels but its so much funnier when you can recognize the Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, etc gremlins.

How many people get the B-19 joke or the "A" card gag in Bugs Bunny these days? lol!

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

Because we don't want our children seeing those things? If it is a cartoon show obviously for adults, like family guy, it's not a big deal. But if it's something that young kids are going to be watching Saturday mornings, then it really shouldn't have suggestive things in it.

Not a hidden message or suggestive thing, but did anyone else notice that Santa Claus in that old Rudolph Christmas movie was kind of a jerk? He was like "He'd better outgrow that nose if he wants to be on my sleigh team!"

ah whatever. I dont buy that. half of those stupid kiddie sitcoms on the disney channel and nickelodeon have just as "suggestive" lines. if you are going to flip a shit over the cartoon do so over the live show too, with its over-acting and its lame-ass laugh tracks

Posted at

One cartoon that was nothing but inside jokes: "Gremlins from the Kremlin" Every gremlin was a caricature of a Warner Brothers animation department worker. It has a caricature of Hitler flying to Moscow in a bomber attacked by these singing gremlins. Works on both levels but its so much funnier when you can recognize the Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, etc gremlins.

How many people get the B-19 joke or the "A" card gag in Bugs Bunny these days? lol!
I remember that cartoon, although it was called Russian Rhapsody. Apparently all the gremlin were loosely based on the staff who worked at the studio.

Hey nice. I found it on youtube. Enjoy everyone.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

New X-Men issue #118 - the word "SEX" is hidden in the art on almost every page.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=77

I would probably do something like that if I were in their place, it would be kind of fun. Some of those look like they aren't really there and people are looking too closely, but others definitely do seem to spell out SEX. And I don't see it at all in the fourth picture.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.