Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How do you feel about living on top of/near a volcano?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

If I was living in a tropical paradise I wouldn't mind a nearby volcano.

Hawaii is a good place to live then. I hear the volcanoes there don't explode violently. :)

Posted at

Hawaii is a good place to live then. I hear the volcanoes there don't explode violently. :)

Yeah but isn't that one like constantly erupting?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Yeah but isn't that one like constantly erupting?

All it means these days is the occasional closing of roads. You drive up, take pictures and take the detour.

My niece lives on Maui and the wife and I have spent over a month in the islands on different occasions. :)

Posted at

i wonder if anyone would brag about living near a volcano, like at a bar or something, picking up on a chick.

tom jones, huey lewis, and boz scaggs all lived near volcanos.

then again, i don't really like any of them. plus i lied.

Posted at

You know. I've been hinting about it in this article but it's such a fitting event that I have to let you read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldfell

Pay special attention to the Lava-cooling operations. I think those who participated in that reserve bragging rights.

Posted at

Fun fact: Portland Oregon is one of only two cities in the continental US with a dormant volcano in city limits. I don't think about Mt. Tabor blowing it's top too much. When I do it never seems like something I'll see in my lifetime. Even if I do, at least I'll go out in an interesting way…

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Hawaii's volcanos put out lava that doesn't clog the tubes, so the pressure is pretty low. Then there's the violent volcano on Mansarat (I think that's how it's spelled)…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.