Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I make custom plushes...and CONTEST! (Contest Over)

Posted at

Hi, I'm thatreevesgirl, and I love to make plushies. I'm in the middle of finishing up about 10 for anime iowa, so I will have LOTS of examples to show very soon.

Does anyone else like plushes of characters?
Has anyone ever dreamed of having their character made into a plush?
Have you ever tried to sew one of your own?
Do you like to sew?

Hee-hee…yay for plushes. Also, I'm hosting a contest for a free plush…here's the info

CONTEST!!!!
Here it is folks…If you go to my webcomic AFTER and comment on every page from the beginning (only 4 so far) until September 1st you will be put in a drawing to win a free custom plushie of your pickings (HAVE YOU EVER WANTED YOUR ORIGINAL CHARACTER AS A PLUSHIE?)

Example

Once again THE RULES:
1. Comment (constructive please, or you will be disqualified, "you suck" will get you disqualified) on every page that is posted from now until Sept. 1st on AFTER and you will have the chance to win a free custom plush ($50 value) of ANY character of your choice mailed to your doorstep. DRAWING FOR WINNER SEPT. 5th!

2. I will allow until September 5th for you to get this done.

3. ALL PAGES…I want your opinions (its only 19 planned pages total).

(rating the pages would be nice also).

(and for those of you that DON'T win, if you participate I'll give you a 25% off coupon for a custom plush, how's that sound?)

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Considering that you only have 4 pages and they're mostly 'filler'-esque right now there's not much to comment on. The style is a well drawn cutsey anime style, unoriginal, but it works.

Still, this sort of seems like bribery for comments, which is something that degrades your art itself. It'd be fine if you were asking for reviews or something, but this just seems bribe-ish.

Plushies look great though.

lukee
lukee
Posted at

This sounds totally awesome. I will totally be entering, commenting, and rating sometime soon. :D

Posted at

Still, this sort of seems like bribery for comments, which is something that degrades your art itself. It'd be fine if you were asking for reviews or something, but this just seems bribe-ish.

yeah, I know…its called PR. And I'll have more than 4 pages by September 1st…many more. I'm completely cool with getting 3's or whatever people want to rate me. I want honest critiques. I've been away from the duck for quite awhile, so I really need to replant myself here.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Thatreevesgirl, I always feel like my odds of winning contests are low. In the event of not winning, do you do commissions for plushies?

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Plush cecil ftw.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Awesome contest! i love plushies , i got them from all sorts of animes the drawers in my room look like their gonna blow……I need to join this contest……

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Awesome contest! i love plushies , i got them from all sorts of animes the drawers in my room look like their gonna blow……I need to join this contest……
I dont have problems >___>

Posted at

In the event of not winning, do you do commissions for plushies?
yes I take commissions (though due to anime iowa, I'll be busy from now until september)…Discounts for fellow duckers!

post a tutorial going step-by-step on how to make a plushie. That way those of us that lose can at least make our own.
Sure…I'm getting one ready right now to teach a workshop at anime conventions…so I'll post it soon…well, probably after anime iowa.

plushie? of anything?
Yes, of anything or of any character…though my strength is human charas.

I dont have problems >___>
sure ya don't…but those with issues are welcome at my comic!

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

o.O For the first time im welcomed somewhere….Youve earned my trust and….well i wont make fun of you….But i still am going to be a jerk to everyone else :D

Posted at

o.O For the first time im welcomed somewhere….Youve earned my trust and….well i wont make fun of you….But i still am going to be a jerk to everyone else :D

awwww…well, thank you! Don't worry, friends were meant to make fun of friends…so I'll accept you any way you are. :) and thanks for all the nice comments on the comic (I like yours too…when are you goign to get more pages up…I've never seen a comic come out of MS Paint looking that kickass).

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Your welcome (oh and im working on page two right now, thinking of shortening the comic page so i can have more time to make them.)

marine
marine
Posted at

You only make one at a time right?

Asian children, real asian children who actually watch asian cartoons in their own language, make 500 plush dolls at a time. Also they can put in voice boxes that will say offensive catch phrases.

And with that said, I would love to have your amazing plush dolls, I demand you make me a plush doll of Adolf Hitler dressed as superman with boxing gloves and a thong. Do not forget the cape, or his space man helmet.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

You only make one at a time right?

Asian children, real asian children who actually watch asian cartoons in their own language, make 500 plush dolls at a time. Also they can put in voice boxes that will say offensive catch phrases.

And with that said, I would love to have your amazing plush dolls, I demand you make me a plush doll of Adolf Hitler dressed as superman with boxing gloves and a thong. Do not forget the cape, or his space man helmet.

Dude WTF o.e

Posted at

Marine you make me giggle…that would be a really funny plush.

sihayadib
sihayadib
Posted at

Deep down, Marine has a heart full of kittens and bubblegum. The cuteness of After is just so freaking overwhelming, then he has let the kittens blowing bubblegum bubbles burst to the surface like Alien. And now they are controlling his keyboard. The end.

Posted at

yay, you saw my post! I was hoping that you would see it soon Sihayadib.

GHEE!

stardusty
stardusty
Posted at

Oooh I think I'll have to do this. I SOOOOO want a plushie of Squid Kitten.

Posted at

Oooh I think I'll have to do this. I SOOOOO want a plushie of Squid Kitten.
I want a plush of Squid Kitten…it is a great character

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Well, while I know my chances of winning are slim to none, I might as well!

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

…omg want Kit plushie…

…want…Kit…plushie…
Yeah and i want a comicmasta plushie but if you want it work for it -_- oh god is this me talking?

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Holy shit a Vaughn plushie would be cool.

But I'm not about to comment on a comic just to get one. I usually don't comment at all, and if you're using this contest to get ratings/comments I simply find it despicable.
EXACTLY thats what makes it Genius!

Posted at

Holy shit a Vaughn plushie would be cool.

But I'm not about to comment on a comic just to get one. I usually don't comment at all, and if you're using this contest to get ratings/comments I simply find it despicable.
EXACTLY thats what makes it Genius!

Its despicably genious???? Huh? Well, I just wanted to get people in to read it. Its hard breaking in with a new comic here on the duck these days. I thought even if people didn't want to participate they'd at least check out a page or two of my comic. I have enough faith in what I'm producing that it can get an audience if people give it a chance :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.