Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

My friends and family would. :P

And honestly, I love 'em, but there are plenty of times I don't want to talk to them when they want to talk to me.

I have the exact problem. I thought I would finally have time to myself when I moved out on my own, but it seems to make them visit me often as much as they want. Gah. sometimes they constantly interrupt my time that I was supposed use for comic-making, writing, etc.

goddess knows that I need a fortress of solitude where my family can't get to me. :P

I love my family very much. but at the same time, I can't help but hate them when they don't give me that "alone time" I need too.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

We all used to call it Teen Angst I believe.

I think they call 'em Emo kids now. ;) I don't recall having "teen angst" back in the day, but that might be because I didn't really have a social life in high school. I went to school, went home, shut myself in my room, studied, read books, drew, listened to music….didn't do any socializing whatsoever, besides marching band & concert band, and that was fun to me. I didn't have a group of friends I hung out with that would put any pressures on me or cause me grief. I think it helped me, but at the same time, now at 30 yrs old, I'm an anti-social MMO-playing looney. :) And I love it! WHEEEEE!

The point I'm trying to make is (and I don't think I made it very well), if you love yourself, that's all that matters. F**k the rest of the world; it's not worth worrying about. If you worry, it will only stress you out.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

- get off the fluoridated water (and toothpaste).
- watch less of the TV.
- As much as possible, DO NOT get yourself hooked on drugs. Most likely thats what a "psychiatrist" will prescribe (prozac, ritalin, etc.).
Well first I'd say ignore these. Everything else he said was good.

dude kyupol, fluoride is actually healthy. It's good for your teeth, and other things. Sort of like how people want salt without iodine thinking that it'll be healthier for them, but in reality the iodine is really important and they seriously benefit from getting it. Also I used to take ritalin. It was very helpful for me.

I never really get stressed. Hell, even when I'm having a heated debate, that's only because I enjoy them. Stress just doesn't accumulate with me, like water hitting a duck's back. I think it has alot to do with my memory, but my personality also contributes alot.

Only real advice I can give is that instead of focusing on problems, you need to focus on solutions. When things go wrong, I frown and furrow my forehead, but in seconds I've already moved past the problem and started coming up with ways to fix it. It saves time and effort because you don't waste either on freaking out.

And make time to relax. In an easy class, bring a book to read. Listen to calming music while you study, and especially when you don't. Aside from that, eat right, sleep well, and don't worry about so many things.

Posted at

well, im a teenager and i don't have that problem… yet.

guess I should keep an ear to the track for early warning signs… and an eye out for the train so I don't get squished into a zeropointpancake XD.

Posted at

In regards to the cell phone thing: if you don't want to talk to someone, don't pick up. That's what I do. :)

And like others have said, you're a teenager and you'll get over it. Also, doing some sort of exercise is a great way to relieve stress!

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

In regards to the cell phone thing: if you don't want to talk to someone, don't pick up. That's what I do. :)

Same here. I screen all my calls. It saves me a lot of hassle. (Though my mom hates it) lol!

draconia11
draconia11
Posted at

Well,lately I've been feeling depressed and pissed off.Between school and my comics and stories,I don't actualy rest.
I'm an isomniac,I go to bed at 11 pm and get up at 6 am.I only fall asleep around 1 am and wake up at 4-5 am.
I feel like destroing things,I can't concentrate,I eat even less than I ate before and my sleep disorders are getting worse,because yesterday I fell asleep at 6 pm and only woke up at 10 am.I don't even feel like writing or making comics anymore.Do you think I have teenage stress sindrome?
I think you just need to take some time off and do something that you really enjoy. Set aside a couple of hours of homework, and when you are done just say "I am done and now I can relax". This is what I do. I am a college student and I have plenty of work. My fun thing IS drawing comics, but I don't know about you.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I think you just need to take some time off and do something that you really enjoy. Set aside a couple of hours of homework, and when you are done just say "I am done and now I can relax". This is what I do. I am a college student and I have plenty of work. My fun thing IS drawing comics, but I don't know about you.

This is some good advice here. Taking some time off to relax and/or just take a breather is important, even if it's just for a short time each day.

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

I'm also a teenager and I understand. But you know, that's part of life. I guess we're just starting to feel stressed out because of the responsibilities and things we have to do as young adults. Making important decisions and stuffs like that. Also, we all have problems, it's just about how we cope with it. Avoid listening to sad songs and thinking negative thoughts and you'll be fine.

A bit of passion works out too.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

teenage stress sindrome

ahahahahahahahahahahahah

no

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Well,lately I've been feeling depressed and pissed off.Between school and my comics and stories,I don't actualy rest.
I'm an isomniac,I go to bed at 11 pm and get up at 6 am.I only fall asleep around 1 am and wake up at 4-5 am.
I feel like destroing things,I can't concentrate,I eat even less than I ate before and my sleep disorders are getting worse,because yesterday I fell asleep at 6 pm and only woke up at 10 am.I don't even feel like writing or making comics anymore.Do you think I have teenage stress sindrome?

I think you have that syndrome that requires you to reassess your life.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

stuff
Happy aniversary Beks! It's two years and a day since you joined DD! :)

Posted at

I'm a teenager, and I don't have teenage stress sindrome. I do, however, have teenage stress syndrome. Does that count?

Jellomix
Jellomix
Posted at

Yeah, I find that I'm tired all the time but I can't relate to the insomnia part. I fall asleep at an alarming speed. Lol.
Have you seen a doctor or asked for sleeping pills? Do you know what's been causing it? I don't know how teenage stress syndrome works. >_>

Jellomix
Jellomix
Posted at

I'm a teenager, and I don't have teenage stress sindrome. I do, however, have teenage stress syndrome. Does that count?

Smarty-pants. XD

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

I agree with Bob Marley or whoever this guy is

Posted at

Does that count?
No -_-

:( But… but I wanna be like all the cool kids.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

stuff
Happy aniversary Beks! It's two years and a day since you joined DD! :)

Where's my cake and where's my thread.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Where's my cake and where's my thread.
I hate to say it, but the cake is a L…

No, I really do hate to say that :(

Posted at

let us see if i can be helpful(no):

cut down/out the caffine. no really, i see people downing like four-five days worth of redbull in an hour, you want something to drink, make some herbal tea and you'll be able to get the sleep you need.

turn that shit off. honestly, if you spend half as much time on the computer as i think you do (i do myself, haha loser) then you're probably online too much. figure out when you want to go to bed, and turn the computer off two hours before that and stay off. same for cell phones and crap.

get the sleep i told you about. really, you're running on too little sleep. it's not stress so much as it is exhaustion whip kicking your neck. get the damn rest and you'll feel better.

get your 'me' time. blahblahblah internet and phone addictions are all cheats and liars. go to a park or something with a book. put yourself someplace where your thoughts aren't going to be minced in with everything people throw at you to influnece you. WARNING: you can't hold me to blame if you find out you don't like yourself.

never use the phrase "Teenage stress syndrome" ever again. the word 'Syndrome' is abotu as meaningless a medical term as 'wracked with pain'. it sounds serious without actuall explaining a damned thing.

i'm going to go play unabashadly violent videogames while questioning the parentage of the other players.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.