Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

The Internet still feels like new technology to me. I got started on a Commodore VIC-20 with a 300bps modem calling local BBS's and paying by-the-minute fees to dial in to the big services like Quantum Link through a 1(800) number.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do I win? ;-)

Only if the commodore was steam-powered. And I'm not talking about the Valve app.

Posted at

i wish the internet was around when i was doing research paper in highschool
stupid index cards and newsfilms….

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

i wish the internet was around when i was doing research paper in highschool
stupid index cards and newsfilms….

I remember those time…I spent hours at end in libraries to find a book on what I was researching. Finding a bout about the subject, that is, so not even actual researching.

Posted at

i got addicted when i was 9. that's also the same time i started getting sick. the internet is dangerous!!

Posted at

I think it happened to me when i was 11, slowly but surely i became more and more addicted to the internet

Posted at

Some time in mid-2000, I think. It's all a bit hazy. :p I got on the internet 'cause of fanfiction, in the beginning, and I inflicted my godawful creations (wangsty!fic, randomly!funny!humour-fic, blah blah blah) on the world for a while.

Then I regained my braincells, somehow, and stopped posting. No one wants yet another bad Harry Potter fanfic. Ever since, I've been drifting from forum to forum, talking up a storm. And, of course, drawing, whether it was comics or straight-up paintings.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

No one wants yet another bad Harry Potter fanfic.

No one wants any kind of fanfic, ever. Seriously.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Except for Hellraiser fanfic. Hellraiser fanfic rocks.

There's no way that can't rock.

Posted at

Boring topic is boring.

New topic: Explosives.

Discuss…

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

"you know if you mixed equal parts of gasoline and orange juice concentrate you get naplam?"

explosives are way more fun

Gasoline and styrofoam also works.

Posted at

explosives are good yeh but they can cause serious damage to the internet

Posted at

Speaking of explosives and the internet…
I heard (through a 'friend-of-a-friend') that the US military is going to stage a 'terrorist attack' on the internet and use it as an excuse to implement 'Internet 2', which you'll only be able to host on if you're acceptable to the coorporate world.
No I'm not paranoid… excuse me… must check what that strange noise was outside…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Naplam is actually a sticky jelly that keeps burning… not an explosive… But they do put it IN explosives! :)

But it hurts people :(

Aluminium foil in your hat will protect you. I swear it!!!!

Speaking of explosive, one of my monitors stinks like gunpowder or sparklers or something… Stupid old LCD… one of the lamps has started to die in it I think… Should I be worried?

Posted at

I heard (through a 'friend-of-a-friend' that the US military is going to stage a 'terrorist attack' on the internet and use it as an excuse to implement 'Internet 2', which you'll only be able to host on if you're acceptable to the coorporate world.
No I'm not paranoid… excuse me… must check what that strange noise was outside…

Hate to break it to you but thats never gonna happen.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.