Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Interactive story - the diamond of shorad

umbledijum
umbledijum
Posted at

[You should know the rules. I post parts of the story and you guys post suggestions on what to do next.]

Our hero wakes up to find himself in a small, dark room.
He looks around hazily. There is a tiny crack in the wall opposite to him, with a bit of light spilling out. Not enough to see by, but enough so he can make out a few things. Struggling against the darkness, he can see that the room has a grimy looking cardboard box on the floor and a light with a smashed bulb dangling from the ceiling.
Damnit,he thinks,i'm never gonna find the diamond in here!
He also had a bit of a headache. He was relieved to realize he still had all of his arms, legs, and vital organs.It also occurs to him that he can't remember his name. Perhaps someone could suggest one.
Present appendages and amnesia aside, he decides his first order of business should be escaping this room.

Posted at

Do I write the next bit or just suggest it? If just suggest, I SUGGEST you do this… I know it's random and offensive. >:P

Taking the chainsaw he has in his pocket (for emergencies only), he begins to pull the cord. Nothing happens. Suddenly he remembers that Handy Manny has to give him permission to use the chainsaw. He, his name being Bob, puts his hand on a conveniently placed doorknob in the wall and opens the door. He walks down the street to Handy Manny's house in the mexican ghettos and gets permission. Then Bob walks back to the spot and goes inside. Bob starts the chainsaw and uses it to start cuttting into the wall.

mattboy115
mattboy115
Posted at

Bob had successfully cut a hole in the wall to have the cut section of the wall land on the ground with a thud. After which he heard a knock on the door.

"What are you doing in there, Jack?" Came a voice" You better not be trying to escape!"

"Jack," he thought, "Is that my real name? It sounds familiar." At that the door flew open revealing a buff guy with a metal bat looking ready to smash some heads in.

umbledijum
umbledijum
Posted at

The point is to SUGGEST what the guy does next. Sorry if my original instructions were unclear.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

>Ride CARDBOARD BOX like a mechanical bull.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Retrieve arms from cardbo–

He was relieved to realize he still had all of his arms
HUMBUG

SansTalent
SansTalent
Posted at

So, has anything happened? If not, I suggest:

"After inspecting his own health and limb completeness, he starts searching his clothes (if any) as well as anything there might be in the room. All the while trying to remember everything McGiver had done during the series, in case some of it can be applied now. He does keep in mind that not all of McGiver's stunts are actually possible, but most are, and one is bound to be useful if only he can remember enough of them."

umbledijum
umbledijum
Posted at

I could, but then it would be exactly like the "one sentence story" thread.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Or this idea can stick but that is an addition. One person writes their paragraph paragraph then tells the next person what they have to use in theirs. They can use other stuff too but they have to use that in it. I like that idea. :)
I think the point is that the he wanted to make a CYOA. As far as I know, there is no reason he isn't allowed to do that.

umbledijum
umbledijum
Posted at

Or this idea can stick but that is an addition. One person writes their paragraph paragraph then tells the next person what they have to use in theirs. They can use other stuff too but they have to use that in it. I like that idea. :)
I think the point is that the he wanted to make a CYOA. As far as I know, there is no reason he isn't allowed to do that.

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Zad
Zad
Posted at

He should see how thick the wall is, and if he can chip away at the crack.
He could also feel along the wall for a door.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.