Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

apple products are the same as what other companies release, but with a higher price on them because they're apple.

so no, i hate apple and wish for their system to go down in flames….

Totally agree. Their stuff is overpriced and really below average quality. It really is just the label that sells. I mean, when it comes to iPods, for the same price you could get another mp3 player with twice the capacity that DOESN'T break after 6 months.

Posted at

apple products are the same as what other companies release, but with a higher price on them because they're apple.

so no, i hate apple and wish for their system to go down in flames….

Totally agree. Their stuff is overpriced and really below average quality. It really is just the label that sells. I mean, when it comes to iPods, for the same price you could get another mp3 player with twice the capacity that DOESN'T break after 6 months.

They can LAST that long? My stepdad's lasted like 2.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

No, the argument is that you are a dick. Dick, Custard…

Dick custard… Hmm, sounds like something else :)

Are there raisins in dick custard? ;)

Posted at

this ad shows how little apple has respect for their costumer's intelligence.

the guy has a cd rom and windows…why is he using DOS? same shit would happen if you put the cd on a mac. besides the fact that most softwares dont work on macs.

a computer has a jumper and a dip? WTF is that?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Are there raisins in dick custard? ;)
It depends what sort it is… If it's one sort, you better hope not :(
the guy has a cd rom and windows…why is he using DOS? same shit would happen if you put the cd on a mac. besides the fact that most softwares dont work on macs.

a computer has a jumper and a dip? WTF is that?
Jumper… That would probably refer to the little cover you put on the connections at the back of the actual drive. I seriously doubt there would ever be an error message in DOS for that though.

It's an effective ad from the normal user point of view I think, even though that scenario is clearly badly made up, users do, or at least did have a harder experience setting stuff up with Windows. Macs really are better designed and set up from that point of view.

-of course part of that is that a lot less software and hardware would even work with them to start with, but at least when it was advertised as being able to do so, it would, and fairly painlessly.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

That ad is totally bullcrap. What year is from? It looks like it predates the iMac.

But it's completely taking advantage of viewers who may not know a lot about computers. They could go on and on about CPU fans and modem drivers, and viewers would have no clue that it has nothing to do with running a CD-Rom. While I don't really care which platform is "winning", I do wish there was an actually company standing behind the PC and defending it from lies.

Posted at

But it's completely taking advantage of viewers who may not know a lot about computers. They could go on and on about CPU fans and modem drivers, and viewers would have no clue that it has nothing to do with running a CD-Rom. While I don't really care which platform is "winning", I do wish there was an actually company standing behind the PC and defending it from lies.

oh? stupid people believe the mac/pc ads

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

the guy has a cd rom and windows…why is he using DOS?
Actually, depending on the year, CD ROMS actually DID need to boot through DOS (around 1994-1995). Even with Windows (3.1, 3.11). I think Windows 95 changed all that. I'm sure I didn't think it was a pain back then, but I sure would now!

… But yeah the ad is dumb.

radarig
radarig
Posted at

That ad is totally bullcrap. What year is from? It looks like it predates the iMac.

Like you said, it doesn't really matter what the guy is saying; the real clutch of that commercial isn't the dad getting confused. Its the kid at the end saying he's going to someone else's house because their Dad was smart enough to buy a Mac. I think it's very effective, if dated.

I don't think that really qualifies as more or less exploitative than any other advertisement, it's just common practice in the industry.

Posted at

Sooo… Anyone out there who wants to explain the "ooohh ooohh ooohh" in that mac ad we saw first?

Posted at

I do wish there was an actually company standing behind the PC and defending it from lies.

Well they could hire those guys to do that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Like you said, it doesn't really matter what the guy is saying; the real clutch of that commercial isn't the dad getting confused. Its the kid at the end saying he's going to someone else's house because their Dad was smart enough to buy a Mac. I think it's very effective, if dated.

I don't think that really qualifies as more or less exploitative than any other advertisement, it's just common practice in the industry.
True. While the scenario was rubbish though, there were a lot of instances of frustration like that with Windows PCs, so the ad was true in spirit.

And while the relatively easier experience with MAC PCs wasn't due to better design (of the Mac), but because a lot less hardware and software was available, and what was available was specially designed to work for their configurations, they worked better because of that.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.