Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

But you got to assimilate half the town into your personal collective! What more could you want?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

well whatever happens I'm not satisfied with the status of my revenge against crocty so my personal goal for mafia VIII is to get crocty killed somehow (although my annoyance has died down so it'll be in an off hand way)…unless we're both ID.
Oh psssh, you should be killing Monkey, he was on your side and he still screwed you over.

I was just doing my job!

waff
waff
Posted at

But you got to assimilate half the town into your personal collective! What more could you want?
well true but I (as in waff) am generally against being evil so WAILA (Waff's Artificial Intelligence Lab Assistant) (as in the persona I used last game) got to assimilate half the town(albeit using me as a host) also I got to end monkey's life in that game so I'm treating as succesful vengeance.

Posted at

I guess I'm up for it, just tell me what I need to do to start!

Posted at

For now. Just sit still and behave. Once there's enough players, Harkovast here will announce the start of the game and PQ everyone's role to them.

Posted at

For now. Just sit still and behave. Once there's enough players, Harkovast here will announce the start of the game and PQ everyone's role to them.

behave?! nvm count me out! jokes jokes, i'm still in.

Posted at

Don't worry. There will be plenty of chances to cause mischief once the game starts.

Posted at

Don't worry. There will be plenty of chances to cause mischief once the game starts.

SCOORRREEE!!!!

waff
waff
Posted at

parkerfarker did my poster persuade you to join?

Posted at

Harkovast just talked me into signing up to play this. He then recommended that I post something on this thread that announces that I'm playing.

So yeah, I officially announce that I am officially signed up to play in this game. (Officially)

I only have a vague sense of what the hell this is though. Thankfully, harkovast's description of the rules was kindly enough to explain that my ignorance is not a factor in being able to play.

That's always refreshing.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Don't worry, I have no idea how to play this game either….

Seriously though, a rough idea is plenty to get you started!
Soon you will be lynching innocent people and murdering your enemies with the best of em!

Posted at

Alriiiiiiiight. You all got me.
I suppose I'll join.

This sounds quite confusing.
But Hark promised it would be somewhat easy to learn.
So I suppose I'll give it a try.

I just want to ask one question…

Will Hark or somebody else explain what I'm supposed to do when I get PQ'ed or whatever?

Posted at

Ok During the course of this explanation, I'm going to put the old names in ()'S

During the first day of the game, we'll hold an election, otherwise known as the popularity contest.

The winner becomes the Elvis impersonator (the mayor) and the runner up becomes the Space Wizard (the pardoner). After that the night phase begins and the evil ID monkeys (mafia) will go on a rampage, killing armored kitties (townies). Once the day phase begins again, we'll try to figure out who the ID monkey are and lynch them via vote. Basically you vote for the one you think is guilty.

Posted at

parkerfarker did my poster persuade you to join?

of course it did! The total quality of it had me in the moment I saw it

humorman
humorman
Posted at

I will play.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I will play.
oh so you decided to join agian, hoping to bash us Kitties with your "Cluebat-o'-Doom" ;) ?

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Question: If the Nose were to sniff someones identity, and that person turned out to be Wolverine, would count as a night action, and thereby mean the death of the nose?

Obviously not if done by day, but…

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

In my experience planting bombs or sniffing out woverine does not incite his wrath. Of course every GM has there different rules.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

You mess with the Wolverine at night, you are going to get clawed!

Dont sniff him, dont attack him, dont stare at him too long, bub!

However…..
Doctor Gibbon is so sinister and cunning in his plans that he CAN ensnare wolverine in his plots without getting killed.
Anyone else, even the nose, is going to get sliced!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

However…..
Doctor Gibbon is so sinister and cunning in his plans that he CAN ensnare wolverine in his plots without getting killed.
So if the nose checks someone's role at night and he turns out to be wolverine they'll die?

D:

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Whoever ends up as the nose, has to be both brave and cunning to avoid sniffing wolverine…
May [insert random God here] help us.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Imagine if someone went up to wolverine from the xmen in the middle of the night and sniffed him.
The nose must be careful where it goes poking!

waff
waff
Posted at

However…..
now I REALLY hope to get doctor gibbon.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I just know that my elvis impressions are not enough. If I wanted to be cute, I could make a movie of my avatar singing one of his songs…but I don't have any and I'm too lazy to be cute.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.