Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

verily this matter is confusing?
Verily. Now if you excuseith me, I must be going to paint a portrait of the Men of X.

Posted at

Got ya Anthony

@Exzachly: right and you'll be drawn and quartered because the village thinks you're a witch. >:)

I hast one thing to sayest to what thou just speaketh!

Since I can't draw and I like the monty pithon search for the holy grail, I decided to use the black knigh for my avi during this game!

waff
waff
Posted at

Since I can't draw and I like the monty pithon search for the holy grail, I decided to use the black knigh for my avi during this game!
*draws his frying pan* I challenge ye to a duel braggart.

Posted at

Braggart? I just sayeth I coulndt draw! How doth that nameth me a braggart?!?!

waff
waff
Posted at

I don't know. I just remember that braggart was an insult from the middle ages (atleast I think I remember).

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Oh bother, I need an appropriate avatar for the next game.

Should I go as a knight, a peasant, or a ninja?

Posted at

I don't know. I just remember that braggart was an insult from the middle ages (atleast I think I remember).

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Oh bother, I need an appropriate avatar for the next game.

Should I go as a knight, a peasant, or a ninja?
XD

I think you should be a man from the east.

Hark, thou art very lucketh. Madam Ochi wanted to so you wearith a dress. But, I have that portrait…

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

"Hark?" "Thou?" "Art?" Suffixes such as "eth and est?"

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

Plus, every time someone says hark, I have to stop and think if they're saying hark or Hark.

And what's this talk about a dress?

waff
waff
Posted at

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

Plus, every time someone says hark, I have to stop and think if they're saying hark or Hark.

Hark Hakoshen This is olde english.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

^-^ Ochi thought it would be funny if Hark's avatar was wearing a dress. He is the only one that doesn't have to change to blend into the theme.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Am I too late? Lemme in!

Posted at

Am I too late? Lemme in!

First you need to dress appropriately. That hat, while the height of fashion, is not mediaeval enough. ;)

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Am I too late? Lemme in!
The games hath not yet started, ye shall be allowed passage.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

@Exzachly: right and you'll be drawn and quartered because the village thinks you're a witch. >:)

:O That explains that alternate ending on the Kid in King Author's court DVD..

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

No, "Old English" was basically German with less spitting. Everyone has spoken English exactly as I am right now for the past 1000 years.

Posted at

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

No, "Old English" was basically German with less spitting. Everyone has spoken English exactly as I am right now for the past 1000 years.

Ah, but this beith more than a 1000 years ago my good lad! And what dost thou believe the good ppl to speaketh in that time, prey thee?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hark? Someone said Hark? Am I being summoned? or are we just noticing something?
If someone notices me, do they say 'Hark, Hark!'
Gadzooks!

waff
waff
Posted at

Hark? Someone said Hark? Am I being summoned? or are we just noticing something?
If someone notices me, do they say 'Hark, Hark!'
Gadzooks!
good morrow sir harkovast.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

Ah, but this beith more than a 1000 years ago my good lad! And what dost thou believe the good ppl to speaketh in that time, prey thee?

"Old English" is a myth started by the Roman Empire to give the citizens back home something to be afraid of! "Middle English" on the other hand existed in a few small, isolated hamlets in the ages before the roman Empire fell so basically

Old English which shares only basic similarities to modern English whenever -10BC
Real English with a few people speaking Middle English 11BC-999AD
Real English with anyone speaking Middle English 1000AD-2009

Posted at

If memory dost serve me correctly, I dost beleiveth that "naive" was used as well. But hark! We doth be brothers in arms, why must we quarrel amongst ourselves? The roles haven't been handed out yet, so there be no need to quarrel yet my good sir!

Posted at

SPEAK ENGLISH PEOPLE!

"Old English" is a myth started by the Roman Empire to give the citizens back home something to be afraid of! "Middle English" on the other hand existed in a few small, isolated hamlets in the ages before the roman Empire fell so basically

Old English which shares only basic similarities to modern English whenever -10BC

Verily, you doth be stuborn like an ox!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Verily, you doth be stuborn like an ox!

See? SEE?! Now you're resorting to likening me to mythical animals! What next, shall I be stubborn as a mule?

Verily, I scoff at thee.

waff
waff
Posted at

o_^ alright then how about we agree that we're speaking the cliched pop culture olde english then?

Posted at

See? SEE?! Now you're resorting to likening me to mythical animals! What next, shall I be stubborn as a mule?

Verily, I scoff at thee.

I dost believe that we doth be breaking down your will and mind!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.