Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
waff
waff
Posted at

WAILA mk1:bleep…hmmm…

Posted at

Narration

As time passed and more spirits of deceased villagers gathered, more and more of them started to remember about a place called Townston. A place where they used to live.

Someone suggested that something should be done. In live he always made suggestions that he believed would benefit the town… or possibly himself.

A spirit that had spent some effort in reshaping himself into what he used to look like, looked at the one who made that suggestion with glassy-eyed look and spoke. "We did do something. I think.. We held an.. It was an election."

Someone else asks: "What does an election do"?

The confused spirit continues. "We found our leader… that way. Someone who would help us… I think".

"How does election work?" Asks the fourth spirit, eager to know more.

"I remember it now" states the first spirit, "We vote for him. You vote for me!".

"That's right." Said the confused spirit, now with a face of certainty. "We vote for this man."

"What is your name?" Asks someone nearby, directing it at the would-be-mayor.

The question sets him back. He hadn't thought about his name until now. He hadn't even realized that he used to have one. "I… My name was… Humurmun"

"Then we shall all vote for humurmun." Says the confused spirit.

The collective memory of the former villagers formed a ballot box that accepted votes from the spirits. Some suggested that they would make good leader instead. Others voted for something they remembered voting for in the past. Many did not see the point, seeing as they didn't even know what this procedure was for.

Before long the votes were tallied and the confused spirit called forth the nearby souls.

"Ladies and Gentleman. I wish to congratulate our new leader, Humurmun. He is our leader, most vise… I think.

Another spirit suddenly experienced a great deal of deja vu and approached the center where the announcer stood. "Wait!" He said, "I was someone important. I was important to the mayor."

Recollections of there being a second leader formed amongst the gatherers and it was decided that this spirit should become a second in command.

Your mayor and new lord is Humorman.
His pardoner is TheFlyingGreenMonkey.

The spirits clapped as they recalled being the fashion. After standing there for a short while, the grew bored and left to observe something else.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey looks at Humorman, confused and asks: "Now what?"

Someone amongst the spirits recognized a potential from a nearby soul. The radiating persona emitting from him made it hard to resist the urge to follow him. The spirit, attracted to this soul decided that from now on, he would be his follower. A rebellious spirit was formed.

The archangel looked over what was happening amongst those wandering souls. The fools are actually trying to rebuild Townston it seems. It appears that he needs to be swift before they actually manage to alter the purgatory in any profound way. Who knows how that would affect this world and the souls that would enter it at a later date. Spending some time, glimpsing over the group, he decides on a spirit that he believes to be competent.
An Angel was recruited.

The Pit Lord did the same. Intrigued by what was happening and possibly amused, he decides on a spirit that he believes to be evil in heart. Triggering the rage in his heart the spirit degenerates into an angry beast that's willing to follow his master.
A demon was recruited.

Turn 2 has begun.

Insider info:
Actions:
Angels:
Kitty17 recruits Crocty. Success

Demons:
Harkovast recruits Hakoshen. Success

Rebellious Spirits:
Salsa becomes a Rebellious Spirit. Success

Current members list:
Angels
Kitty17 - Archangel
crocty - Angel

Demons
Harkovast - Pit Lord
Hakoshen - Demon

Rebellious Spirits
Waff - Atheist.
Salsa - Rebellious Hitler

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I should have know TFGM would sneak in and get that pardoner job!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Good thing he is just a figure head. Or else, I would be upset.

Posted at

Yeah, he's pretty good at that.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

niccea that is why I voted for him.
Humorman now owes me fan art.
I bet he doesn't actually deliver it though!

Apparantly I owe niccea some fan art, I better get to work on that.

Do we get clues in this game at all?

Posted at

Clues will be delivered as soon as corpses start piling up.

Posted at

So that are the actions?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I think this game will pick up pretty quickly.
IF i understand correctly the number of conversions will double every turn.
So pretty soon there will be no one left to convert and then things will go down hill fast.
See? I read the rules! I can understand whats going on!

Posted at

hmmm, seeing how DarthVaderS1999's lifeless corpse is dead… Isn't he now "living" in purgatory?

Posted at

Well, it would double every turn if we don't take into account the possibility that some people might end up being picked by more than one side.

During the monster mash game, the same players were being picked by multiple sides. It was kinda crazy really. There was a night of 5-6 conversion attempts and only one of the players recruited was not a monster.

In this version, a failed conversion will not result in an automatic battle to the death which should allow the teams to build up their forces before the final showdown begins.

I'm looking so forward to the final showdown btw.

And in the meantime, the faction leaders could always spice things up with a sporting duel. That's what it's for. *hint hint*

hmmm, seeing how DarthVaderS1999's lifeless corpse is dead… Isn't he now "living" in purgatory?
Ehm… He was eaten by a dino ghost.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Someone owes me fanart! But it's kind of hard to ask to see more pictures of myself when there's a Goddamn gun to my head on screen every twenty seconds.

But still, having finally read the rules, this game ought to be interesting.

Also, when do people start dying? Well, "ceasing to exist?" I need to know when to start paying more attention.

Posted at

First deaths will occur when somebody attempts to recruit the atheist or when the Archangel, the Pit Lord or a minion that's been turned into a guardian decides to kill someone. The real action starts though once the war is declared.

Also.

Bang bang.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Bang bang.

Ah, sweet memories. And I suppose you have a point; a gun to one's head is better than buckshot in the back.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Well, as far as I know I didn't get recruited… ah, flashbacks of kickball… sniff. I'll be over here standing in the corner! :P

Posted at

That means you are a wandering soul?

Posted at

Well, as far as I know I didn't get recruited… ah, flashbacks of kickball… sniff. I'll be over here standing in the corner! :P

tsk tsk Ag, I expected more from you than lies!

Hark said, in the monster mash game, this:
What the hell?
Dont you guys like me or something?
No one has recruited me into their teams yet!
Dont you realised I have elite ninja skills?
My enemies have to eat a pain burger and chips and you better believe I super size their order of hurt!
I demand to join someones team!

which was right after PP said this (in the personal narratives):
Harkovast:
You're a werewolf now. You belong to your sire Hakoshen. Welcome to the world of monsters.

This, like Harkovast did, is clearly an attempt at "espionage" and "deceit", and humans act similarly to each other. Therefore, Ag, you have been recruited.

herio
herio
Posted at

all hail Humorman

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

:P You;re just mad because I blew you up :) And, if I have been recruited someone needs to PQ me!

Stuff

Posted at

:P You;re just mad because I blew you up :) And, if I have been recruited someone needs to PQ me!

Stuff

F.Y.I, Someone already has PQ'd you. It was PP. He said "You have been recruited" so there!!!

and another F.Y.I., I blew myself up so thheeeerrrreeeee

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Oh yeah?!?…. well, I'm pretty sure you are MAFIA… lynch him!!!

Stuff

F.Y.I, Someone already has PQ'd you. It was PP. He said "You have been recruited" so there!!!

and another F.Y.I., I blew myself up so thheeeerrrreeeee

Posted at

Oh, no-one tried to guess my amazing game! When the war begins, you will all die, and only I will reign supreme!

…Or whatever team I'm on. Either way.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

And we are already dead…

It's only a flesh wound ;)

Posted at

Left is cyborg
Right is caveman

You win! Next question: who ate my burger?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.