Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I never watched notting hill.
British romantic comedies, made for the American audience, starring Hue Grant…I get a head ache just saying the description out loud!
Those things are like my kryptonite!
If I ever tunr into a vampire and try to bite you, just put four weddings and funeral on the telly. It will scare me off faster then any garlic or crosses!
I had to watch it because they were playing it during the bus ride on our trip across Europe. I believe we watched it between Arles and Barcelona.

Posted at

has anyone noticed how every romantic comedy is the same. They go like this:

1. Guy and girl meet/are friends.

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

4. They love each other again because they always knew it was love.

I think it all started with Shakespeare, and his "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Posted at

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

I think Shakespeare was copying the stuff that had been done since Ancient Greek times. Shakespeare didn't do anything new, he just did it better.

Posted at

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

I think Shakespeare was copying the stuff that had been done since Ancient Greek times. Shakespeare didn't do anything new, he just did it better.

So it goes all the way back to ancient Greece aye? God almighty…

Posted at

So it goes all the way back to ancient Greece aye? God almighty…
Eh… They were probably just copying someone else.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

You start to wonder, who wrote the first romantic comedy then.

Posted at

You start to wonder, who wrote the first romantic comedy then.
Probably someone who was observing his friend, who was having a hard time getting to know this woman that he was interested in. He probably thought the whole thing was hilarious and thus he started to pass the story among his other friends.

In essence, almost all things considered original are based on things that have affected or influenced the person creating that thing.

Humanity is stuck in copy/paste mode. The only factor is whether or not we're good at making our copy, entertaining to others.

Posted at

Well, I've given people enough time to cast their votes now.

It was a close call at the end with GarBonzo Bean and Humorman, neck to neck but since we normally rule tiebreaks with the "he who reached the number first" rule the title of the next GM goes to Humorman.

Congrats.

Edit.
Well… I just got a vote from Salsa saying he was picking Garbonzo but I've already sent the congratulation to Humorman so unless he concedes, the victory is still his.

Posted at

Jesus H. Christ!

I mean, I don't hate romantic comedies, some can be pretty damn funny. They're just all the same.

and congratulations Humourman, but I thought everyone hated him. I don't, but I thought everyone else does.

Posted at

Jesus H. Christ!

I mean, I don't hate romantic comedies, some can be pretty damn funny. They're just all the same.

and congratulations Humourman, but I thought everyone hated him. I don't, but I thought everyone else does.

Well, he's anoying in game, but we are hoping he'll lighten up if we let him run a game. Besides, he was the only one doing a normal game!!!

Posted at

Well, he's anoying in game, but we are hoping he'll lighten up if we let him run a game. Besides, he was the only one doing a normal game!!!

so was TFGM wasn't he? Oh well, next time I will win. Maybe. Hopefully…

Posted at

Besides, he was the only one doing a normal game!!!
Indeed. After all these special themes, it will be a nice change of pace to run a standard game.
Well… TFGM's was more like an old style game with a twist. Like Hark's and Crocty's where all the standard rules and roles are present except all the names have been changed.

Posted at

Indeed. After all these special themes, it will be a nice change of pace to run a standard game.
Well… TFGM's was more like an old style game with a twist. Like Hark's and Crocty's where all the standard rules and roles are present except all the names have been changed.

oh. Well I hope this frame of mind is gone for next game! 'cause I will be GMing. Maybe. Hopefully…

Posted at

Don't worry Parker. I won't be running.

…unless of course you dare me.

Posted at

Don't worry Parker. I won't be running.

…unless of course you dare me.

I dare you NOT to run.

EDIT: oh, I just read TFGM's game. It is totally not a normal mafia game. You know, I was running so I didn't really need to read other people's games.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

We had one for Mafia X, and after the first 7 or so normal games, I found boring. I mean the narratives are so much more interesting with a sexy theme.

Also who voted for humurmun? o_O

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well there are few of us who were a part of it, but Humor DID run game II, which aside from me dying because I didn't know I had joint attacked a protected paranoid who still survived it all, I have no complaints about his GMing.

But I didn't vote at all.

Posted at

We had one for Mafia X, and after the first 7 or so normal games, I found boring. I mean the narratives are so much more interesting with a sexy theme.

Also who voted for humurmun? o_O

And me.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I dont remember a humorman game, was I in it?
Doesn't sound like something I would do.
But then again, forgetting everything I just did DOES sound like something I would do!

Posted at

I'm beginning to think that humorman doesn't get on all that often! When and where do we start?

Posted at

I'm beginning to think that humorman doesn't get on all that often! When and where do we start?
?

He's already started.

His signup thread can be found here.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I dont remember a humorman game, was I in it?
Doesn't sound like something I would do.
But then again, forgetting everything I just did DOES sound like something I would do!
You were paramedic man! You protected me. And then Waff killed you.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Wait I'm having flash backs…..must…..kill………. WAFF!!!!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.