Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Not really relevant to the game, but…

All those who love facial hair mourn, for my beard and mustache are gone! Devoured in an orgy of shaving
o0
_ /_ LE GASP!
||
||
_|

here's proof of my madness!

MUahahahahahahahahahaha! fear the the beardlessness!

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Hmm … I just got voted out of another mafia game (I was a loyal townie …. but everyone thought I was scum).

I'll give this a try. When does it start?

Posted at

Not really relevant to the game, but…

All those who love facial hair mourn, for my beard and mustache are gone! Devoured in an orgy of shaving
o0
_ /_ LE GASP!
||
||
_|

here's proof of my madness!

MUahahahahahahahahahaha! fear the the beardlessness!

YOU BEARDLESS FIEND!!!!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

alrighty, before I go to work, have you considered asking pastel, kitty and crochty?

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

firstly, thank you salsa for the avi, its awesome and i'm using it

second, i will play but i may be a little inactive- i WILL vote and what not but no running for mayor for me. i mean, it takes like 10 minutes a day to stay active on mafia at the very very least, i can do this! sign me up please

Asmun
Asmun
Posted at

My name is Asmun. I have been referred by the one known as TheFlyingGreenMonkey, and I would like to participate in this round of Mafia!

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Wow, I just realized: You do one day a day?

In the games I've played, one game day per 3 days is considered a fast game, and the game threads get LONG.

Most recent one (still going): http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=161230

So, how much tends to be written in a game day? How much time does a player spend per day?

If it's 20 minutes, that's one thing; if it's one hour plus per day, that's not. (I'm used to spending over an hour per game day, but that's over three days.)

Posted at

Wow, I just realized: You do one day a day?

Well, it's one day/night a day, i.e. day starts, then 24 hours later night starts, etc.

So, how much tends to be written in a game day? How much time does a player spend per day?

As much as you like - some people (like me) usually only come on to vote or perform actions (and that's the minimum you need to keep doing to prevent getting kicked out of the game for inactivity, unless that rule isn't being used). But other people talk all the time.

And, since it wasn't like this in the game you played, I'd just like to point out all votes are performed via PQ, not posted on the forum (just so you don't make a mistake XD).

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

firstly, thank you salsa for the avi, its awesome and i'm using it

second, i will play but i may be a little inactive- i WILL vote and what not but no running for mayor for me. i mean, it takes like 10 minutes a day to stay active on mafia at the very very least, i can do this! sign me up please

*Emits a noise that should NEVER come from a 270 lb man*

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Game starts up tonight. Giving any stragglers a little under 12 hours.

Expect things up around 6pm CST or 11pm GMT. If I'm using the abbreviations wrong, deal.

Welcome to the two new people. And glad you can join us roku. I will update the member list when I return from school. I was only online for a weather report.

maru
maru
Posted at

Gah! I need to make a Halloween Avitar now!

same
same
Posted at

*Emits a noise that should NEVER come from a 270 lb man*

Was this noise a squee?
I find flaws in your testimony.

More to the point this will be my halloween costume. Mainly because all i need to do is gel my hair back and iron my suit.

Posted at

Sorry for not signing up earlier. Took a short break from Drunk Duck. Just found out now that Niccea was the winner. ^^'

I'm gonna be traveling for the next week so I'm probably not going to be active much but might pop up from time to time. Then again, who knows… I might be pretty active, depending on how much computer access I'll end up getting.

So don't expect much of me but sign me up anyways.

Besides… it should be interesting to see how many sides attack/recruit me on the first night.

Oh… and… uhm… as for my costume… lacking any other ideas, I guess I can be the Mad hatter. The Alice in wonderland mad hatter, not the mafia bomber type.

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

… so that's 4 pm PDT. We're still on daylight time for another week or two in california.

Hmm, no "preview" feature here?

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Because these powers are so different from what I'm used to working with, I have questions.

Cause I Said So!: Increased vote count of 2 during voting.
Does this mean "Counts as 2 votes", or "Counts as three votes" (normal plus 2 more)?

Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) (Big Kids) are alive.
Does this mean that an attempt to put the leader into timeout puts a bodyguard into timeout instead? Does it mean that if the leader is targetted, then nothing happens?

The second seems to reveal who the leader is, while the first might hide it and look like another protective power.

The Leader Kid is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:

Elected? As in, a public vote?

What happens if a monster leader is elected?

Ahh, so if the leader is well-known, then it makes sense that you don't auto-kill the bodyguards; you have to determine if they are gone or not before you "waste" your timeout.

Alright, the rest of the powers seem clear enough … not sure how they'll play out.

Posted at

Answers to your questions from the guy not running the game:

You get two votes in the lynch. There is one lynch per day.

If leader is attacked they will not die but if lynched they will unless pardoned. Until bodyguards die the leader is safe during the night.

The leader is voted upon by all the participants in the game. There is no way to secretly become leader.

If a monster is elected then they have an advantage. Monsters know who each other are unlike the trick or treaters.

Bodyguards are unknown to anyone but the leader.

This is a basic Mafia Game here by the way. All that's different is that the roles are called different names.

It may take you a game or two to get how this works.

Now that 1337 hath helped the n00bs he must retreat to drawing his wiener.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

1337 got most of it right, but this is a recruitment style game. The monster leaders are vying for power so they do not know each other. The people who get recruited will know who the leader of that group of monsters is, but not anybody else unless someone spills the beans (glares at mett), The monsters groups have a potentially exponential growth rate, but as evidenced in the first game of this type, that is not the case (I lost everyone I recruited the night after, and I also had the other leaders killed thanks to some help).

Hope that answers your questions.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Cool, but that poor cat on the bottom…

Posted at

So what do you people think of my new avi?

Funny, but potentially nightmareish if you actually think about what it would imply if cats could do that. Still, I'd say that's definitely in keeping with the spirit of Hallowe'en. XD

Posted at

Cool, but that poor cat on the bottom…
Yes but he will get the bigger share of candy.

@Anthony: Thats what I was going for :D

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Uh, can we give my guy some time to sign up? Neither of the new guys is him, I think he thought signing up for the site was enough..can ya give 'im a few hours?

same
same
Posted at

Uh, can we give my guy some time to sign up? Neither of the new guys is him, I think he thought signing up for the site was enough..can ya give 'im a few hours?

I wasnt gonna be here anyway until tomorrow so I wouldnt have found out my role or anything anyway. Objection withdrawn.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.