Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
hat
hat
Posted at

I'll admit I'm a little concerned about global warming.
I was thinking of taking those Ionic Breeze products from the commercials
Like http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/landpage/proplus.jhtml but instead have it in a shape that could fit on a muffler. Eventually it'd be required by law to have those on your mufflers and eventually they would be placed on smoke stacks.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I think people should stop caring about image so much. (You know, the idea of image, not the comic company.)

Image is something that people stress too much about. What does image really tell about a person? I'm not just talking about facial features either, although what one looks like is something one's born with, and therefore less importance should be put on what a person can't control. But also consider cars. I'm sure if people stopped worrying about awesome their car looked we could do a lot more to save the environment and vehicles could be built safer with much better gas mileage.

By and large I think that minimizing the importance of image in our society could cause nothing but positive effects. People could be valued on the basis of their views and ideas instead of their outward appearance, and politics wouldn't be so biased. It would really change the world for the better.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You just say that because you're fugly. Listen to yourself man! If you had your way the entire planet would be covered in fugly!

Jeeez ccs, I though you were cool… -_-
———————————————-

But seriously, it's nice when things look good and work well. When I buy things for my house they have to posses both of those qualities. It's no use surrounding yourself with ugly stuff just because it works OK, or pretty stuff that's really just a pile of crap; it needs to be both pretty and good quality. Keep the world pretty and efficient, that way people are happier to live in it. That's why no one much liked East Germany even when it was efficient. UGG-LEE!

-you have a good point CCS, but you know how much I love to argue.

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

lots of feelings go into the answers I see here… but little logic…

As for "bioengineering for more food"… we already have enough food to feed everyone, MORE then enough, some estimates say the US alone produces enough to feed the entire world. The problem is ALOT of food goes to waste (rots in the fields) becuase there is no way to transport it from point a to point b. Transporting it requires vehicles (that have to be repaired and replaced as they break), people to load and unload the food, containers to carry it in, buildings to store it and distribute it, fuel to power those vehicles, and so on. You want to solve food shortage, you work on a better transportation system.

Besides, most places that suffer from hunger GET enough food, they just don't distribute it properly, its usually taken by corrupt groups or governments, distributed for high prices, and the excess destroyed rather then given to people.

Posted at

stem cell research into organ replacement or some alternative.

More people will not have to suffer because they can have an organ created from thier own DNA, which means they will have a decrease chance of having an adverse reaction to the organ. also means they probably will not have to take immunosuppressive drugs to keep thier own body from attacking the new organ.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.