Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hey guys, i've been taking pictures of my maniquines poses so i can draw from it with a more constant view, say in case i gotta get up and go to the bathroom, or if i'm drawing it at a weird angle or something, so i thought i might put some of the poses up here in case anyone could use em for anything. maby they'll inspire ya. anays i'll put more up if i get em. also if you wanna ask me to pose him a certain way, dont hesitate although this thing does have restrictions i also cant see what exactly is going on in yer head, so please be clear. i do have a female one i can use too, but she's a bit harder to manuver since her head fell off. anways, i hope these'll help you.

Posted at

Wow, this thread looks pretty useful! I think it should be stickied, actually. I have a mannequin, but yours looks like it can be manouvered more than mine.

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

This is actually kind of retro-artwork. I use, and actually create and pose Poser characters for my wife (who paints) to use. In Poser you can literally model anything, including musculature, and how the light and shadows fall. Artist magazine has ads for Artist's Poser, which has specialized features for artist to use. Frankly, if you have a quick stick figure sketch and a light direction, I can create a white background poser model in whatever age or sex you wish…animals and skeletons too…with the light hitting from that direction.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

that's great, Ipokino. to each his own right? we gotta use what resources we can get. i personally am more at home with the figurines because 1, if my comp ever goes out, im not up shit river, 2, i dont have the money for software right now anyways. and granted, to use these to their full potential you need some knowledge of how the body moves and works in mass, but truthfully, i fear the day we feel we dont need to know that. i think i also like having a more hands on approach to my art. i've always done art directly wether it was on paper or sculpting or what have you, so i think it's just natural for me to be able to touch the tools and things involved in the art i make.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's amazing! The poses are pretty lifelike Pit.
Stickied!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

That's amazing! The poses are pretty lifelike Pit.
Stickied!

thanks oz! i'll put more up soon!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hunchedbunch-thanks for suggesting the sticky. if ya want any poses, go ahead n ask.[of the maniquine of corse.] ;)

crawling

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I just have one of those spiderman bendable toys from toys r us.

Cool mannequin though. :)

lba
lba
Posted at

I have a collection of nude photos from a figure shoot. If I can get permission from the model, I'll put them up to share.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

thanks Kyu!

i'll put some up frm the female one soon.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

hahaha! that's one evil mother fucker!

Posted at

I'ma contribute a pair of photos that are in the same basic vein.

Y'see, I really need some reference photos for a particular shot (yeah, I use film terminology…sue me…), and since my characters tend to lack most of their flesh Google image search just wasn't cutting it. So I borrowed one of my university's closet skeletons (we have one and half; normally two, but one is just a headless, limbless trunk for whatever reason right now) and a pair of classmates and voila! A decent pair of reference photos for anyone wanting to draw someone partaking in a little archery. Well…okay, Arthur the skeleton's hands are completely off, but it's easy enough to look at other photos of much more lively archers for those. As useful as Arthur is for getting proportions correct and getting basic poses, his hands are kind useless since his tarsal bones (the ones in your actual palm) are immobile.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

thanks gravekeeper! it's important to learn skeletol structure, i know it helped me alot anyways, ya ever get more using ole boney butt, i hope you'll post em up!

i have a few more of my own to share. (i know guys, when i close in with the shot a bit more it becomes kinds fuzzy, but i hope you can still pick it out allright.)

i sqeeeze yer head!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

same- yeah, was some piece of junk maniquine i found. :D

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

This is the source of PIT FACE's beautiful art. I've found the key!

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Here's a couple of photos of a model I have. Mine isn't quite as good as PIT's, though:

That pose could be used in quite a bit of stuff. Thanks!

Posted at

I used to have that gray male model, but honestly I much prefer the female version. The male one is just too inflexible, and the head isn't quite right. I can get much better poses out of the female one.

…wow that sounded dirty.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.