Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

i had a myspace or friendster acct cause people were talking about it, but i haven't been on it for years. i forgot the login and password.

thinking of starting a new one…

Posted at

It's not just the news that says it's the devil incarnate, schools are all in an uproar about it. Apparently My Space has caused the amount of rapists in the world to quadruple x 5000.

most things are so exaggerated.
but honestly, pedophiles, ebophbiles and rapists/or any other freaks will flock to net areas that has a lot of people, inducing chat programs and or whatever.
bravo chat (before it got shut down)
all those mirc chat rooms
imvu(I use imuv though.. it's fun despite weirdos trying to turn it into an cybering program)
blogger
livejounral,
and so on.

so if they think my space is the only most dangerous area on the net… meh…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Finally, a yellow pages for sex offenders. Why didn't I think of that?

.: SpANG! :.

rosie
rosie
Posted at

Gotta love myspace.

http://myspace.com/nekotachi

At first, I got an account because I was horrified at the way one of my online friends made her (flashing graphics, the works), and wanted to see if I could conquer the "let's blind all the visitors" fad that was going on. But, I didn't do much after I made the account (mostly because it got boring 2 minutes into it).

BUT then the hype about Myspace being inspected by teachers at my school made me want to make a blog on there even more (fighting against the system is fun). Which is what I did :) I use it to check other people's posts now, though I barely check it.

But yeah, there's nothing much to do with myspace. Blogger, livejournal, greaterjournal, and all the other shit out there kinda made it all dull. The only difference is the music, I think.

PandaJoe
PandaJoe
Posted at

Doesnt myspace cost moolah?

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

No, all it costs is your sense of decency and your immortal soul.

rosie
rosie
Posted at

Yes, your soul shall be eaten by the myspace

Nitro
Nitro
Posted at

I too have an account (or two.)

I have my own personal one and a comic one.

My Personal Profile

My Webcomic's Profile

I don't know. I was thinking about condensing them a bit, but i wasn't sure. I'd like to keep some comic stuff as comic stuff and keep off my personal one, but who knows. my mind changes 20 seconds or so.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I've managed to discover old friends and people i knew from school through myspace. That's pretty much my draw… i find new people all the time ( even though i've only been on it less than a month ).

It's not very interesting buuuuut…….

http://www.myspace.com/volte6

Nitro
Nitro
Posted at

Dood…

your hawt wife!

I would so not care about Drunk Duck at times too!

Your family is rawkin' bro!

congrats on the small one too!

Stain
Stain
Posted at

I got an account because a bunch of my friends kept bugging me to.

Same here.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The first time I stumbled upon MySpace was when I was looking up info of the latest album by The Darkness. I didn’t like the site much… And every single page I’ve seen there since (always when I’m doing a search for something else in Google), has been awful. It’s like a refuge for all the worst site design on the entire internet: Music that loads and plays uninvited, horrible big huge ugly background images, text and images all over the fucking place, text that generally doesn’t show up well (if at all) against the background images… MySpace gives non-scrolling backgrounds a BAD name.

Maybe it's a good social tool for good people like Volte etc, I can believe that it does have a useful purpose, it's just that it seems to also be the main home for net NOOBS to express their full net NOOBISHNESS: unabashed, full-frontal, Hardcore, eXXXtreme!

At least at places like Drunk Duck and Dev art noobs are channelled into making presentable webspaces…

And some stupid young girl in the US met an older fellow through Myspace who sexually assaulted her, so now she’s trying to sue it for a million dollars or so. Well, aside from being evil karma for her undoubted crimes against web design, WHAT kind of fucking moron do you have to be to just go of privately with some stranger you meet on the net? Seriously, haven’t people been warning kids about that sort of thing since the mid 90’s?
This MySpace = paedophiles phonebook is fucking skewed. People put their personal details on about a MILLION websites around the world, weirdos can use ANY of them. The trouble isn’t the weirdos (they’re always out there), the trouble is the stupid kids who fall for it. People need more plain simple intelligence and caution. They’re safer on the net than walking down the street.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

At least at places like Drunk Duck and Dev art noobs are channelled into making presentable webspaces…

DrunkDuck is slowly falling toward that (at a rate of 1 comic out of every 80 comics.) Sites are begining to look horrible, not: "Hey, I'm new at this HTML stuff and I wish to learn." No, more like, how much shit can we dump on a page?

There's a fine line between having a radio.blog like Tater, Aqua, and I have. But having a radio blog, with some anime music video from YouTube, while an mp3 and MIDI plays in the background, with horrid background colors.

That's just pushing it.

.: Myxomatosis :.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Recent News:
Rupert Murdoch (C.E.O. of FOX) now owns MySpace!!!

Congratulations. I'm sure all of your information will be harvested "with the best of intentions". Good luck with that. :P

PWNED. :twisted:

.: SpANG! :.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Ha ha ha. I'm glad I don't have a myspace.

And some stupid young girl in the US met an older fellow through Myspace who sexually assaulted her, so now she’s trying to sue it for a million dollars or so.

That's exactly like people suing McDonald's because they are morbidly obese. I think it's completely out of hand. It's the person's choice to go to McDonald's every day (or go meet some weirdo you find on the internet) yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the consequences of their actions. Yeah, hate to break it to you people, but reality doesn't work like that.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

That's exactly like people suing McDonald's because they are morbidly obese. I think it's completely out of hand. It's the person's choice to go to McDonald's every day (or go meet some weirdo you find on the internet) yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the consequences of their actions. Yeah, hate to break it to you people, but reality doesn't work like that.

But, people will always take the easy way out (OMG, I just killed 7 people, I was influenced by GTA, LAWL)

Sadly, no one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore, they just want to shift the blame and add sympathy, for something they knowingly did, nonetheless.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

All true!
Just to get one thing straight though, I don't blame her for being assaulted, that's awful; Just for making an extremely stupid choice.
On the same note, I always felt that suing smoking companies was a bit silly too… People have known that smoking was bad for you pretty much since it first gained popularity several hundred years ago. There have been imbeciles and cynical bastards who’ve tried to claim that it wasn’t, or that it was actually good for your health (we still have that with cannabis), but universal experience has always shown that the long term effects of smoking anything (let alone addictive nicotine), are detrimental to health in the (again, that's long-term). And yet people are awarded millions of dollars against the smoking companies…
Money for being a moron.

-Smoking doesn't make you a moron. Believing you deserve money for dying of it does.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

but anyways. I found this funny:

http://mypraize.com/

It's the cristian alternative to myspace.

I'm not against Christianity in itself, but… this just seems like another attempt by Christian church elders to get the younger generations to believe religion is cool. And no offense, but religion is not supposed to be "hot, hip and teen-demographic-oriented!". Religion is something you have to find on your own, after formulating your own beliefs and believing in them like nobody's busines. It shouldn't be something you market to mindless teenagers with the hope that they might grow up to be the next Pat Robertson.

~IJ

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Why hasn't that Pat Robertson guy been arrested yet? He's obviously evil and he even advocates acts of terrorism and treason against his own government! I know you Yanks love freedom of expression and all that, but that’s taking things a bit far…

I dunno about Christianity being about personal spiritual beliefs… That certainly is there, but the trouble is Christianity like all other religions retains that proto-government aspect from its origins (religion was what we had before monarchies came on the scene). They’re about organising groups of people and leading them a specific direction… They need impressionable followers to stay strong, so they need to recruit.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.