Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

That story lacked humor of ANY kind, it was simply the most cliche thing I have EVER read…

You have successfully made a short story on par with a Uwe Boll movie…

Congratulations.

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

The story got me the points (and it's a deal with the devil story, of course it's going to be chlique), so it's okay. Now I can do a lot but I have too short of an attention span to use 12 point font (I use 16 point, takes less time). This is what I am currently working on, it is Cooper's reply to Mark Twain's Cooper's literary offenses

Mr. Mark Twain, or Samuel Clemens, is seen as one of the greatest American writers. Bah I say, he does not have the refined dignity of my own work. He seems to think that the Indians and Blacks of our society maybe smarter than I am. He does not see that I am much better at grammatical fortuity than they are. They have no sense of tone.
I do not see the resemblance to what you say about my work. I use those expressions to convey that the characters are not of low standing but are not of high standing. They speak in a manner that prevails the reader notice that. I saw that they could talk in tone befitting both high and low society. If you say that there is a middle tone of society then you are wrong sir, for there is no middle society.
I may be an adult of 35 but I know that I can write better than any second grader. My writing style follows all the rules of literature.

Posted at

The story got me the points (and it's a deal with the devil story, of course it's going to be chlique), so it's okay. Now I can do a lot but I have too short of an attention span to use 12 point font (I use 16 point, takes less time). This is what I am currently working on, it is Cooper's reply to Mark Twain's Cooper's literary offenses

Look I can wright! ZOMG I rOXXORZ SO HARDDD! CANT U See iM A GEniuSSS!? DURF HURF BLARGALARG!

Fix'd.

Posted at

Did you yourself write that Red text? Cuz if you're 35 and in highschool something is wrong. Or did Cooper write it?

Coveinant
Coveinant
Posted at

It's from the perspective of Cooper. The red text is to distinguish the story form my post. now seriously, I just need those three starter sentences. I may have this thread locked or keep it open if there is a topic I can't think of a starting sentence for.

Posted at

You're not gonna get a serious response here man. Look elsewhere.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Seriously Quickie Mart, the original post asked for parody and satire which I provided an intro line for each of your subjects and all of it acceptable for you school writing projects. But now you are just posting examples of crappy writing assignments you completed which have nothing to do with your original post and all it shows is bad writing. I mean no offense but its bad. Now are you seriously wanting help on the original post or are just wanting attention? If you want serious help concerning your original post then please explain what you are truly looking for instead of reiterating how hard it is to get started, dismissing what others have posted or posting these poor examples of your prose.

Posted at

I'd forgotten about that! Yeah, Midge's were good. Even though I really wanna see that Crucible movie….That'd be awesome.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Either way, I've got serious reservations about doing someone's homework for them. That'd be like me asking people to do page layouts for assignments and such.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Cov. Apparently that… er, for the sake of convenience, let's call it a "story," was good enough to get you a good grade. And if that counts as a decent-grade story, then I'm pretty sure you could probably just turn in whatever and your teacher will pass you.

Posted at

The story got me the points (and it's a deal with the devil story, of course it's going to be chlique).

With that kind if attitude you'll never be a decent writer.

Stop making excuses, do you actually want help or are you just whinging for the sake of it?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.